• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
If a believer is repenting, its because they are sinning.
If you are sinning, then repenting is not helping you for how many years now,?
So, you need to resolve the sinning issue, vs wasting your time confessing and repenting, and then off you go to sin again, then start over with the sinning and repenting.

Here is how to stop sinning.

You have to move from the wrong mind, into the right mind, and stay there.
ITs really that simple.

Listen, you can't stop on your own.
And in fact its trying to stop that causes more sinning.
See, thats the thing about the Spiritual realm.....its that the rules are different then how WE think it should work out, naturally.
The way we want it to be, is...."i try harder not to sin, next time".
And that causes you to sin again.
Most believers are stuck right there....and stay there for life.

"but Behold, we are to strive against sin".

YES....but not in our flesh, and not by our own will, as the means.
The striving we are to do, is spiritual.
We are fighting darkness, and you fight that with LIGHT.....not with self effort.
So, how do you strive against sin in the Spirit realm?
= You learn to REST in God's Grace.

What is an example of the wrong mind?

Its a Christian who is serving God to try to get rest for their conscience from sinning.
Its a believer who feels condemned, even tho they have confessed...and this is no longer working for them.. Its no longer soothing that guilt.
That confession pain med is useless now...so, they reach for something else. They improvise. They started doing more "god stuff" to try to mentally balance out the wrong they are doing, even if they have stopped, for the most part.
That does not work, because it can't.

Saint, confessing and repenting does not make God feel better about you....it only makes you fell better till the next time you sin.

See, God is always at peace with you, no matter what you do.
Why? Because the Blood of Jesus is the final answer.
""""Where your sin abounds= God's Grace (the blood of Jesus) more abounds."""

Here is a FYI........memo from Heaven.
The Blood of Jesus forgave your tomorrow's sin, 2000 yrs ago.
Think on that till you see that Light.

Listen... the wrong mind is......you trying to do it.
Thats the failure of Christians, worldwide.
Jesus said...>"apart from me, you can do nothing".
And that means,... if you try to do it, then that is apart from me.
Most Christians are lost in that.... and that is why they sin and confess and can't stop.

So, what is the Right Mind. ?
The right mind is to believe God when He told you that you are "in the world but not of it".
Read that again... "you are IN the world, but not OF it".
The mind of the world, .. you are not OF IT.
The way of the world... you are not OF IT.

So, when you try to live out your Christianity as the natural worldly mind would do it, then you are now the "OF IT"....that is to be like the world would do it.

Listen, the religious but lost, are currently working their way to hell.
The Religious but lost, are doing the works, living the life, and all this is of SELF Righteousness, and that is the "OF the WORLD" method... to try to be 'like God", or Like Jesus.

Saint, the reason that Jesus is in you, is many, but one them is so that He can live through you what HE requires of you.
This is why He told you, "apart from Me".... So, to be born again, is to be ONE with Him.
But when it comes to the holy lifestyle, then Jesus has to provide you the power to do it.
= "apart from me, you can do ......nothing".....and that certainly means you can't stop sinning apart from Jesus resolving that situation.
Not YOU.
You try, and that is why you confess and keep sinning.

So, what do we call Jesus living through us,.... what do we call His Righteousness as ours?
We call that the Grace of God.

When God says for us to be holy, and then Christ empowers us to do it while we REST from our own self effort that failed for years to live holy.....what do we call that?
We call that God's Grace.

Saint....If you want to stop sinning, then you have to find your place of REST in God's Grace.
To find that place, is to change your mind from "i can do it", "i will do it", "i am trying to do it"...to "Christ who is in me, will do it for me, through me, and i will always = REST in this GRACE of GOD".

Here is the mind you have to have, to exist in that place of Grace.

1.) Recognize that you can't lose your salvation = because God is keeping if for you, based on supplying it to you through the Blood of Jesus.

2.) Stop trying to resist sin by striving not to sin, as this empowers the dominion of the law to cause your sin consciousness to become inflamed to want to sin more... "the power of sin is the law".
You are not under the law, you are "under Grace" but you have to exist there in your BELIEF and Understanding.

3.) Come to the revelation that you are not a sinner, but you are "ONE with God and Christ"... that you are "in Christ", and that this is because the real you is the born again "New Creation", and not the old man of the flesh that has its lusts.

4.) Recognize that God is always at Peace with you, based on the Blood of Jesus, and in this knowledge, rest there, and in this resting in God's Grace, you'll find deliverance from all that is causing you to sin.

Listen....There is power in the Blood Atonement, that is not freeing you, because you are trying to do for yourself, by self effort, what the Blood of Jesus has already accomplished for you, as "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

Saints...We do not stop sinning by striving to stop....We stop because we "are not a sinner" we are a "SAINT".."One with GOD"..., and so by RESTING in God's Grace = we are freed from the Law's power of dominion to cause us to want to sin.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our weapons are not carnal, instead are might! Taking captive every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Thinking according to what Jesus says is True!

Much love!

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Our weapons are not carnal, instead are might! Taking captive every thought to the obedience of Christ.
Thinking according to what Jesus says is True!

Much love!

Very interesting, what you wrote...

See, if we take captive every thought ""TO THE Obedience"", then we are presenting our thoughts in line with God's.... which is the "to the obedience"..
So, when we have the same perspective as God has, ... when we SEE OURSELVES as God has created to eternally exist as the New Creation..
Then our "thoughts" are obedient to God's regarding who we are, "In Christ".

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here we go again...:rolleyes:... The infallible one... Full of pride... Free from not only sin but the temptation of sin...

Not even Christ can claim that so u must be the messiah... The omniscient one... Only you hold the whole truth...:rolleyes:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here we go again...:rolleyes:... The infallible one... Full of pride... Free from not only sin but the temptation of sin...

Not even Christ can claim that so u must be the messiah... The omniscient one... Only you hold the whole truth...:rolleyes:

@Cristo Rei Do not mock. You need to listen to what he says as you are one of the people he is talking to here.

Reactions: Billy Evmur

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here we go again...:rolleyes:... The infallible one... Full of pride... Free from not only sin but the temptation of sin...Not even Christ can claim that so u must be the messiah... The omniscient one... Only you hold the whole truth...:rolleyes:

Let me explain to you, who the pride filled are, within the body of Christ.
Its everyone who is trying to keep themselves saved by self effort, commandment keeping, presenting their body a living sacrifice, enduring to the end, Torah keeping, doing penance, and repenting and confessing, and trying to abide.

See all those deceived believers?
They are ALL so pride filled that they can't give Jesus the FULL credit DUE HIM for saving them with His Blood and keeping them saved with His Blood.

That is why they are all busy trying to keep themselves saved, and that is why they are all over ever Christian forums ruining them with their self righteous, self saving, heresy, that they try to use to ruin other believer's faith.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those that claim to be infallible are the ones that are most fallible
Nobody is claiming infallibility.

@Behold 'gets' the message of the gospel but not everybody does 'get' it so he is trying to make it easy to understand. It is so sad that so many who call themselves Christian are missing out because they have been taught wrongly.

Mark 2:17
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, ‘It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but those who are ill. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.’

If you are already righteous you don't need Jesus.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let me explain to you, who the pride filled are, within the body of Christ.
Its everyone who is trying to keep themselves saved by self effort, commandment keeping, presenting their body a living sacrifice, enduring to the end, Torah keeping, doing penance, and repenting and confessing, and trying to abide.

See all those deceived believers?

First of all, why wouldn't you want to do all that... Why anyone would prefer to approach God with bad works instead of good works is beyond me.

Secondly, your so convinced that you have the whole truth, your claiming to be infallible... Please...
What you have is conjecture. A conclusion based on incomplete information. Nothing more...

And thirdly, your hate towards such people who don't share these same beliefs... Why do they bother u?
As long as they have faith in Christ aren't they saved in your view? Then what's the big deal?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why anyone would prefer to approach God with bad works instead of good works is beyond me.

The very first 'good work' we need to do is to accept Jesus as our Saviour and be born again. Without that we are not 'in Christ' and are not led by the Holy Spirit and if we are not in Christ and led by the Spirit then we cannot be transformed/changed by the renewing of our minds.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Doctrine of rest is a vital first step in the Christian walk towards the sanctification of the Spirit. It is not an end on the journey but the beginning of it. The point where we learn to trust in the Providence of God. Like so many doctrines that are true in the church it can be used falsely as a means to maintain complacency in the believer, and keep them in a state of immaturity.

They Like to quote Ephesians 2:8-9, but ignore verse 10.....

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The Doctrine of Rest is not an end in our journey but merely the beginning of the journey to Holiness. We must grow in the grace of God, Learn to digest the meat of the Word of God, Add to our faith virtue, knowledge, Temperance, Patience, Godliness, Brotherly Love and Agape (2 Peter 1:5-10).

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Doctrine of rest is a vital first step in the Christian walk towards the sanctification of the Spirit. It is not an end on the journey but the beginning of it. The point where we learn to trust in the Providence of God. Like so many doctrines that are true in the church it can be used falsely as a means to maintain complacency in the believer, and keep them in a state of immaturity.

They Like to quote Ephesians 2:8-9, but ignore verse 10.....

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The Doctrine of Rest is not an end in our journey but merely the beginning of the journey to Holiness. We must grow in the grace of God, Learn to digest the meat of the Word of God, Add to our faith virtue, knowledge, Temperance, Patience, Godliness, Brotherly Love and Agape (2 Peter 1:5-10).

I think Im entering this stage recently.

Reactions: David H.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a FYI........memo from Heaven.
The Blood of Jesus forgave your tomorrow's sin, 2000 yrs ago.
Think on that till you see that Light.
ERROR, that blood was for the remission of sins that are past, Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

hence the cleasning, 1 John 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"
1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (READ THAT AGAIN)
1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

yes, let this mind be us that is in Christ Jesus, Correct, and I agree. and that mind said, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

and what did that mind say do? 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." this is why his blood was given..... for sins upon, confess, to be remitted. for as long as we're in these fleshly bodies we're subject to sin. willing or unwlilling.

thank God for the MIND of Christ. that's why we're christian, followinf Christ mind.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: Wynona

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The very first 'good work' we need to do is to accept Jesus as our Saviour

That's a given to any true Christian... And so... What's the big deal?

Are Catholics to be tossed into the flaming furnace because they think its through baptism and/or works?
Despite the fact that they have faith in Christ?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's a given to any true Christian... And so... What's the big deal?

Are Catholics to be tossed into the flaming furnace because they think its through baptism and/or works?
Despite the fact that they have faith in Christ?

If they depend on being born again through baptism as infants they are missing the main event and works alone don't save anybody - even Catholics baptised as infants. The real deal is entry into the Kingdom of God only by spiritual re-birth. Jesus said, ‘Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. ’ and that is by conscious choice not by default. I know people will disagree and argue against what I've just said but nonetheless it is the truth. If you can't see it then ask God to open your eyes.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a believer is repenting, its because they are sinning.
If you are sinning, then repenting is not helping you for how many years now,?
So, you need to resolve the sinning issue, vs wasting your time confessing and repenting, and then off you go to sin again, then start over with the sinning and repenting.

Here is how to stop sinning...

Greetings, Behold.

Without wanting to sound confrontational, this doesn't sound like a recipe for how to stop sinning. It sounds like a recipe for how to salve one's conscience so that one can then excuse his or her sins, which is never a good idea.

If you believe Christians in the NT era repented once, and thereafter no longer had need of repentance because they sinned no more, let's discuss some passages together that demonstrate this. I'd be glad to discuss the scripture with you on it. It's something I enjoy.

God bless, and hope you are well.
- H

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have is conjecture. A conclusion based on incomplete information. Nothing more...

I think I'm gonna have to agree with you here, Cristo Rei. Behold has a habit of posting very long "treatises" if you will espousing a particular doctrinal view, yet rarely will they be supported with actual scripture. When people do that, all it can ever be is conjecture.

I have no doubt that his teaching is supported by scripture - a few passages and verses in particular that serve as the foundation for what he believes - but the absence of quotations means that for the most part his threads are actually based on nothing of substance. Last conversation I had with him, I asked him to give me an exegesis of a particular passage to support how he was interpreting it. What he posted wasn't actually exegesis. He just referred to verses in other books that he said supported his interpretation of the verse/passage in question, without actually dealing with the verse itself in context. His defenses of what he teaches are often sorely lacking.

I will give him one thing, however. His threads used to be pure Catholic-baiting, which I found irritating and annoying. He doesn't do that as much anymore, so for that I think he is to be commended.

God bless,
- H

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stop trying to resist sin by striving not to sin...
*Behold* (another misnomer) evidently is wiser than both Christ and Paul, both of whom have commanded Christians to both resist sin, and strive not to sin.

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. (Jn 8:11)
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. (Rom 6:13)
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. (Rom 7:17)
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. (Rom 14:23)
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body (1 Cor 6:18)
But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. (1 Cor 8:12)
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. (1 Cor 15:34)

Such foolish statements (as quoted above) come either from (a) ignorance or (b) a desire to deceive. Could in fact be both.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If they depend on being again through baptism as infants they are missing the main event and works alone don't save anybody - even Catholics baptised as infants. The real deal is entry into the Kingdom of God only by spiritual re-birth. Jesus said, ‘Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. ’ and that is by conscious choice not by default. I know people will disagree and argue against what I've just said but nonetheless it is the truth. If you can't see it then ask God to open your eyes.

If they "depend" on....

Don't u believe that u are saved if u believe in Christ?
Isn't that the only prerequisite?