• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I'm gonna have to agree with you here, Cristo Rei. Behold has a habit of posting very long "treatises" if you will espousing a particular doctrinal view, yet rarely will they be supported with actual scripture. When people do that, all it can ever be is conjecture.

I have no doubt that his teaching is supported by scripture - a few passages and verses in particular that serve as the foundation for what he believes - but the absence of quotations means that for the most part his threads are actually based on nothing of substance. Last conversation I had with him, I asked him to give me an exegesis of a particular passage to support how he was interpreting it. What he posted wasn't actually exegesis. He just referred to verses in other books that he said supported his interpretation of the verse/passage in question, without actually dealing with the verse itself in context. His defenses of what he teaches are often sorely lacking.

I will give him one thing, however. His threads used to be pure Catholic-baiting, which I found irritating and annoying. He doesn't do that as much anymore, so for that I think he is to be commended.

God bless,
- H

U know what I mean... Its easy to pick verses out of context, use it literally or metaphorically to suit. And wallah... Supporting evidence
And there is a lot of scripture that doesn't support it as well...

I have this strict method of finding the truth. Its based on standards of evidence in science and law. Eg falsifiable, beyond a reasonable doubt.
It served me well... It was that deductive reasoning that brought me back to God and recognize Him to be the ultimate truth and mystery.
I might not be certain about much more but I am certain of that

Im just like, get over it guys... Its an old argument that is pointless...
We both believe in Christ. We both baptized. So there should be no problem

Its all just a big smokescreen in my eyes... A decoy... A distraction...
Planted by u know who... With the objective to divide... And he is defeating humanity... Just look around

So I just wish these childish schoolyard fights would just stop for a moment and look around, look wider, at the bigger picture

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U know what I mean... Its easy to pick verses out of context, use it literally or metaphorically to suit. And wallah... Supporting evidence
And there is a lot of scripture that doesn't support it as well...

I have this strict method of finding the truth. Its based on standards of evidence in science and law. Eg falsifiable, beyond a reasonable doubt.
It served me well... It was that deductive reasoning that brought me back to God and recognize Him to be the ultimate truth and mystery.
I might not be certain about much more but I am certain of that

Im just like, get over it guys... Its an old argument that is pointless...
We both believe in Christ. We both baptized. So there should be no problem

Its all just a big smokescreen in my eyes... A decoy... A distraction...
Planted by u know who... With the objective to divide... And he is defeating humanity... Just look around

So I just wish these childish schoolyard fights would just stop for a moment and look around, look wider, at the bigger picture

There are things I disagree with in every denomination and branch of Christianity. That said, I agree with you. At the heart of it, when people believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and call on Him together and sense a Spirit of brotherhood about each other, that supersedes any spirit of division, and works to find common ground.

If doctrine were the end-all, be-all of finding unity, those who belong to the Lord would never truly come together. But it is through the Spirit that the brethren recognize one another, and through the Spirit that sort through differences to find the truth.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you try doing this you will find this is true.

Thinking correctly, according to Scripture, drains the power of sin. We reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive unto God. Since that's what we are, we live accordingly.

Be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*Behold* (another misnomer) evidently is wiser than both Christ and Paul, both of whom have commanded Christians to both resist sin, and strive not to sin.

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. (Jn 8:11)
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. (Rom 6:13)
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. (Rom 7:17)
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. (Rom 14:23)
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body (1 Cor 6:18)
But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. (1 Cor 8:12)
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. (1 Cor 15:34)

Such foolish statements (as quoted above) come either from (a) ignorance or (b) a desire to deceive. Could in fact be both.
This is how you do it.

You take your thoughts captive. You reckon yourself dead to sin and alive unto God. You are to be transformed by the renewing of your mind. You put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge of the one creating him. It's all over the Bible.

These are all about the mind. The battle is in the mind, because the spiritual battle has already been won.

I love your last one there . . . Awake to righteousness. Everybody, wake up from your sleep, and trust in the amazing thing God did in justifying you - a new sinless creature - and while you think that way, you will live that way.

That which is not of faith is sin. Trust Him always!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even at the most basic level of a key passage . . . "reckon yourself dead to sin and alive unto God", that's exactly what this is.

You've been crucified with Christ, and now live by His life in you.

So . . . learn to think of your self as being dead. Learn to think of yourself as sharing Christ's life. Learn to think of yourself as permanently joined to God, forever receiving from life from Him. Learn to think of yourself as one who is alive from among the dead ones. This is all Scripture.

We just have to be trained to consistently think this way, and not buy into the lie that the evil lusts are "us", they are not, they are the flesh trying to deceive us so we will feed it.

We do not need to buy into the lie that we cannot simply refocus our minds on God, trusting that He has made us free from the power sin. And what will we find if we do trust Him? He is faithful.

And we don't need to buy into the lie that if we do commit a sin, that suddenly this overwhelms our salvation, and somehow pulls us away from God.

The sins within us that we find the most difficult to overcome, we should not cut ourselves off from God by our lack of trusting that we find ourselves fighting on our own, thinking we have to clean up this horrible mess before we can even look Him in the face.

Christ removed our sin.

Living as if we have to be better than we are, that we have to make that happen, or God doesn't accept us is to take the responsibility for our reconciliation to God off of Jesus, and puts it onto ourselves. Do you see the problem with this?

Much love!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are things I disagree with in every denomination and branch of Christianity.

Likewise...:D

That said, I agree with you

And likewise...:D

At the heart of it, when people believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and call on Him together and sense a Spirit of brotherhood about each other, that supersedes any spirit of division, and works to find common ground.

If doctrine were the end-all, be-all of finding unity, those who belong to the Lord would never truly come together. But it is through the Spirit that the brethren recognize one another, and through the Spirit that sort through differences to find the truth.

Thats so true. I think people easily get into a tribalist mindset, subconsciously. We feel the need to defend our beliefs and we feel the need to explain everything, even the unknown...

The unknown... On forums, I would ask the atheist "how can u know God doesn't exist when we have so much unknown?"
I was agnostic for 10 years and engaging with atheists on forums was the path that took me back... I speculated on every possible explanation of life, the universe, morality and a lot more. Always being mindful that we know very little...

Recently my attention was drawn to Job 38... What a deep perspective on the difference between our human knowledge and that of Gods...
Who can answer to that? The only worthy response is that of Job's... Submit your ignorance to the omniscient one.

Thats why I declare it. And as long as we are humans, our flesh is weak, our minds are feeble.
And so it does come back down to the faith that you speak of cos if we did have all the knowledge we would require faith...

I'm also always reminded of one of my favourite passages. Mark tells us in chapter 10:13-16
I think it might be one of the few stories that is told in every Gospel, from memory...
People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

Children are received by God. Before any scholar or learned one... Its a beautiful thing to ponder, especially while looking at the countless depictions of that scene that artists have conveyed over the centuries... It surely is a real classic verse
jesus-children.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
If a believer is repenting, its because they are sinning.
If you are sinning, then repenting is not helping you for how many years now,?
So, you need to resolve the sinning issue, vs wasting your time confessing and repenting, and then off you go to sin again, then start over with the sinning and repenting.

Here is how to stop sinning.

You have to move from the wrong mind, into the right mind, and stay there.
ITs really that simple.

Listen, you can't stop on your own.
And in fact its trying to stop that causes more sinning.
See, thats the thing about the Spiritual realm.....its that the rules are different then how WE think it should work out, naturally.
The way we want it to be, is...."i try harder not to sin, next time".
And that causes you to sin again.
Most believers are stuck right there....and stay there for life.

"but Behold, we are to strive against sin".

YES....but not in our flesh, and not by our own will, as the means.
The striving we are to do, is spiritual.
We are fighting darkness, and you fight that with LIGHT.....not with self effort.
So, how do you strive against sin in the Spirit realm?
= You learn to REST in God's Grace.

What is an example of the wrong mind?

Its a Christian who is serving God to try to get rest for their conscience from sinning.
Its a believer who feels condemned, even tho they have confessed...and this is no longer working for them.. Its no longer soothing that guilt.
That confession pain med is useless now...so, they reach for something else. They improvise. They started doing more "god stuff" to try to mentally balance out the wrong they are doing, even if they have stopped, for the most part.
That does not work, because it can't.

Saint, confessing and repenting does not make God feel better about you....it only makes you fell better till the next time you sin.

See, God is always at peace with you, no matter what you do.
Why? Because the Blood of Jesus is the final answer.
""""Where your sin abounds= God's Grace (the blood of Jesus) more abounds."""

Here is a FYI........memo from Heaven.
The Blood of Jesus forgave your tomorrow's sin, 2000 yrs ago.
Think on that till you see that Light.

Listen... the wrong mind is......you trying to do it.
Thats the failure of Christians, worldwide.
Jesus said...>"apart from me, you can do nothing".
And that means,... if you try to do it, then that is apart from me.
Most Christians are lost in that.... and that is why they sin and confess and can't stop.

So, what is the Right Mind. ?
The right mind is to believe God when He told you that you are "in the world but not of it".
Read that again... "you are IN the world, but not OF it".
The mind of the world, .. you are not OF IT.
The way of the world... you are not OF IT.

So, when you try to live out your Christianity as the natural worldly mind would do it, then you are now the "OF IT"....that is to be like the world would do it.

Listen, the religious but lost, are currently working their way to hell.
The Religious but lost, are doing the works, living the life, and all this is of SELF Righteousness, and that is the "OF the WORLD" method... to try to be 'like God", or Like Jesus.

Saint, the reason that Jesus is in you, is many, but one them is so that He can live through you what HE requires of you.
This is why He told you, "apart from Me".... So, to be born again, is to be ONE with Him.
But when it comes to the holy lifestyle, then Jesus has to provide you the power to do it.
= "apart from me, you can do ......nothing".....and that certainly means you can't stop sinning apart from Jesus resolving that situation.
Not YOU.
You try, and that is why you confess and keep sinning.

So, what do we call Jesus living through us,.... what do we call His Righteousness as ours?
We call that the Grace of God.

When God says for us to be holy, and then Christ empowers us to do it while we REST from our own self effort that failed for years to live holy.....what do we call that?
We call that God's Grace.

Saint....If you want to stop sinning, then you have to find your place of REST in God's Grace.
To find that place, is to change your mind from "i can do it", "i will do it", "i am trying to do it"...to "Christ who is in me, will do it for me, through me, and i will always = REST in this GRACE of GOD".

Here is the mind you have to have, to exist in that place of Grace.

1.) Recognize that you can't lose your salvation = because God is keeping if for you, based on supplying it to you through the Blood of Jesus.

2.) Stop trying to resist sin by striving not to sin, as this empowers the dominion of the law to cause your sin consciousness to become inflamed to want to sin more... "the power of sin is the law".
You are not under the law, you are "under Grace" but you have to exist there in your BELIEF and Understanding.

3.) Come to the revelation that you are not a sinner, but you are "ONE with God and Christ"... that you are "in Christ", and that this is because the real you is the born again "New Creation", and not the old man of the flesh that has its lusts.

4.) Recognize that God is always at Peace with you, based on the Blood of Jesus, and in this knowledge, rest there, and in this resting in God's Grace, you'll find deliverance from all that is causing you to sin.

Listen....There is power in the Blood Atonement, that is not freeing you, because you are trying to do for yourself, by self effort, what the Blood of Jesus has already accomplished for you, as "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

Saints...We do not stop sinning by striving to stop....We stop because we "are not a sinner" we are a "SAINT".."One with GOD"..., and so by RESTING in God's Grace = we are freed from the Law's power of dominion to cause us to want to sin.

You could always try a 12 step program to stop sinning? Then you can make friends while you're at it :) Cheers.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If they "depend" on....

Don't u believe that u are saved if u believe in Christ?
Isn't that the only prerequisite?
My mistake. I should say If they depend on being born again through baptism as infants . . . .
The devil believes in Christ. Is he saved?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
First of all, why wouldn't you want to do all that... Why anyone would prefer to approach God with bad works instead of good works is beyond me.

You can't approach God with "works".
This is religion.
Religion is : trying to approach God by SELF effort. Its trying to become like God, by SELF.

Jesus said you can only come to God though HIM.
The reason? He is the only "way". John 14:6
Reason? He is God, on the Cross, providing ONLY what God accepts to allow YOU or ME to "approach".

So, you idea of trying to approach God by your "works", is religious idealism that is not related to Christianity.
Jude defines what you believe as "the error of Cain".

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This particular topic... can we, should we stop sinning.. can be the most vexing topics to negotiate, yet the answer really is quite simple. The term, the just shall live by his faith, is found in both old and new testaments, and covers every aspect of the believers life through salvation, and sanctification. All we hope to receive, and all we hope to become, comes to us by faith through the grace of God. Our biggest challenge... our greatest battles... Is not against sin, our greatest battles in life is with our own unwillingness to be made whole. Our selfish carnal nature likes to sin. We enjoy it. The challenge we all have is the decision to give up that which we love. Once we decide that we want to live a holy life... once we are willing to be made whole, to give up that lust, to forsake that evil habit, and we reach out to God in faith believing that He has the power to recreate us in the image of His Son, then God can and does work in us both to will and to do His good pleasure. It's the desire to sin we must overcome... The battle against self...The power not to sin is up to God. The just shall live by faith.
We can do all things through Christ Who strengthens us.

Reactions: Wynona

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You could always try a 12 step program to stop sinning? Then you can make friends while you're at it :) Cheers.

The judgment seat of Christ is ahead of all the Born again.
If we hit it and all we can say is...>"well Jesus l, i sinned and confessed"...
Thats not really what we want, is it?

The NT says that we will be evaluated regarding "what we did in THE Body".
That is THE BODY of Christ.
What we did, down here, with The Salvation that God gave us.

Did we go on towards "perfection" , towards the fullness of the Stature of Christ, or did we stay on the milk bottle, stuck in self righteousness, fallen from Grace?

Reactions: dev553344

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. It's the desire to sin we must overcome...

I think that everyone knows we are to not be sinning, Backlit.
So, stating the obvious, is really just to state the problem again, but where is your solution?

See, this is the issue.
Talking about the problem, or reiteration of the problem, is not the solution.
That just politics.
See, religious politics is like secular politics.....where everyone talks about the problem as if talking about what SHOULD BE, is an answer, and its not.

So, to stop sinning, is not to have faith in God.
To have faith in God, is to be saved..........but, how do you stop sinning after you are saved.

That what i keep teaching.... HOW TO STOP........not , that you should., or that you do.
How to stop, ive explained in about 40 Threads, including this one.
I dont state the issue, i resolve the issue, but you have to DO IT, or the sinning and confessing and repenting revolving door, is where you will continue to exist.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
*Behold* (another misnomer) evidently is wiser than both Christ and Paul, both of whom have commanded Christians to both resist sin, and strive not to sin.

IF you begin to read what Paul teaches, he teaches that he was once this person......"who will deliver me from this body of death....for what i would do , i dont do, and what i dont want to do, i do"...
Thats my paraphrase......

So, that is Paul, as "striving not to sin".....and he is failing, and he is showing you the fail.

After this, as he continues, he comes to this place....>>"Christ always gives me the Victory".

Now, notice the word......ALWAYS.
That is not Paul confessing and repenting.......as that Paul was the one that was "that which i dont want to do"..

So, He is showing you what im showing you.
That, you can be free, once you stop STRIVING in your own willpower, and begin to rest in God's Grace, by RIGHT Believing.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Greetings, Behold.

Without wanting to sound confrontational, this doesn't sound like a recipe for how to stop sinning. It sounds like a recipe for how to salve one's conscience
- H

If you are confessing and repenting....then you are trying to solve your guilt trip by doing that, as God is not involved in it at all.

See, the person who is condemned, who has the sinning issue, .. confesses to try to feel better, and get that "clean feeling" back.
So, that is just a believer's personal religious psyche game you're playing with yourself, if you are doing that, because its based on not understanding anything about "the gift of righteousness" or the Blood Atonement, or being "in Christ".
The sinning and confessing christian diaper stage, is when you dont exist HERE = Hebrews 13:9, .....and are instead caught up in some self righteous (usually theological) ideas, that are producing the sin consciousness that keeps the Law's dominion empowering you to sin.
"the power of SIN, is the LAW".

Existing by right believing "under GRACE" is where you find deliverance.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
ERROR, that blood was for the remission of sins that are past, "

The blood of Jesus was shed 2000 yrs ago.
Did you notice?
So, that BLOOD of GOD from the PAST, is redeeming SIN, (forgiving sin) TODAY, and TOMORROW< and Forever.
If it didn't then there would be no Salvation that exists for anyone today, who is born again, or still offered to anyone who isnt.

Do you understand?

Listen....God's blood is the Power of the Blood to continually redeem and cleanse.

See, what you have been taught, falsely, is that only your sin, up until the day you are saved, is forgiven, but none after that day.
This means, you are currently trying to do for yourself, what only the Blood of Jesus can do.
This is "self righteousness", , which is....to try to keep yourself RIGHT with God, vs, having Faith that Jesus's shed blood applied to you... is WHY you are always "righteous"......"the Gift of Righteousness'.

If you can come to realize this, then you can be free from the spiritual darkness that is to believe , as YOU DO....that the Blood of Jesus is only as good as your behavior.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The judgment seat of Christ is ahead of all the Born again.
If we hit it and all we can say is...>"well Jesus l, i sinned and confessed"...
Thats not really what we want, is it?

The NT says that we will be evaluated regarding "what we did in THE Body".
That is THE BODY of Christ.
What we did, down here, with The Salvation that God gave us.

Did we go on towards "perfection" , towards the fullness of the Stature of Christ, or did we stay on the milk bottle, stuck in self righteousness, fallen from Grace?

You have a point with some 12 steppers, but it is a divinely inspired program. Which is obvious from its track record. Jesus cast out demons and they told him he was a devil doing it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
The blood of Jesus was shed 2000 yrs ago.
Did you notice?
So, that BLOOD of GOD from the PAST, is redeeming SIN, (forgiving sin) TODAY, and TOMORROW< and Forever.
If it didn't then there would be no Salvation that exists for anyone today, who is born again, or still offered to anyone who isnt.
I suggest you read the Scriptures, Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" ONE ONLY CONFESS SINS THAT HAS HAPPEN NOT FUTURE SINS.
that blood will do you no Good if A. 1 John 1:9 is not met "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
is this verse incorrect?

1 John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." and the WALK IN THE LIGHT IS TO CONFESS OUR SINS.

it ain't redeeming if you're not confessing?

this is for christian and for sinners.

Christian "Confess" their sins BECAUSE they are SAVED....... Walking with God. Sinners "Confess" Jesus as Lord to be saved. and that blood cleanseth, or wash away the sinners sin. example, Paul, then Saul. Acts 22:12 "And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,"Acts 22:13 "Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him."Acts 22:14 "And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth."Acts 22:15 "For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard."Acts 22:16 "And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

and as for christian who are saved,
Jeremiah 3:25 "We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against the LORD our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God."

reproach?, listen, 1 Timothy 3:7 "Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil." and he is speaking of a LEADER in the church, a minister, not the Lay person. and if the Leader can fall into "Reproach", and the snares of the devil, well you're not immune either, NOT WHILE WE'RE STILL IN THESE FLESH BODIES.

if you think you can, you're living in a pipe dream. and one othe point about sin.... Romans 14:23 "And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

and if one say I LIVE every second in FAITH, then you just called the Word of God a lie... and here's why. 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." BINGO, because lying is a sin, as soon as one say I'm without sin ... ok, cast the first stone. yes, you'll be just like those who brought the woman caught in adultery, you'll walk away in shame, or disgrace. as long as we are in these flesh bodies we're subject to sin. but thank God for our saviour, he have given us a way out, "CONFESSION". it's been that way from the beginning, yes, from the Garden of Eden. just tell the truth, it's just that easy.

I can say one thing, the catholic got that right... "Confession". for we all must give an account for what we have done in these bodies.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
If a believer is repenting, its because they are sinning.
If you are sinning, then repenting is not helping you for how many years now,?
So, you need to resolve the sinning issue, vs wasting your time confessing and repenting, and then off you go to sin again, then start over with the sinning and repenting.

Here is how to stop sinning.

You have to move from the wrong mind, into the right mind, and stay there.
ITs really that simple.

Listen, you can't stop on your own.
And in fact its trying to stop that causes more sinning.
See, thats the thing about the Spiritual realm.....its that the rules are different then how WE think it should work out, naturally.
The way we want it to be, is...."i try harder not to sin, next time".
And that causes you to sin again.
Most believers are stuck right there....and stay there for life.

"but Behold, we are to strive against sin".

YES....but not in our flesh, and not by our own will, as the means.
The striving we are to do, is spiritual.
We are fighting darkness, and you fight that with LIGHT.....not with self effort.
So, how do you strive against sin in the Spirit realm?
= You learn to REST in God's Grace.

What is an example of the wrong mind?

Its a Christian who is serving God to try to get rest for their conscience from sinning.
Its a believer who feels condemned, even tho they have confessed...and this is no longer working for them.. Its no longer soothing that guilt.
That confession pain med is useless now...so, they reach for something else. They improvise. They started doing more "god stuff" to try to mentally balance out the wrong they are doing, even if they have stopped, for the most part.
That does not work, because it can't.

Saint, confessing and repenting does not make God feel better about you....it only makes you fell better till the next time you sin.

See, God is always at peace with you, no matter what you do.
Why? Because the Blood of Jesus is the final answer.
""""Where your sin abounds= God's Grace (the blood of Jesus) more abounds."""

Here is a FYI........memo from Heaven.
The Blood of Jesus forgave your tomorrow's sin, 2000 yrs ago.
Think on that till you see that Light.

Listen... the wrong mind is......you trying to do it.
Thats the failure of Christians, worldwide.
Jesus said...>"apart from me, you can do nothing".
And that means,... if you try to do it, then that is apart from me.
Most Christians are lost in that.... and that is why they sin and confess and can't stop.

So, what is the Right Mind. ?
The right mind is to believe God when He told you that you are "in the world but not of it".
Read that again... "you are IN the world, but not OF it".
The mind of the world, .. you are not OF IT.
The way of the world... you are not OF IT.

So, when you try to live out your Christianity as the natural worldly mind would do it, then you are now the "OF IT"....that is to be like the world would do it.

Listen, the religious but lost, are currently working their way to hell.
The Religious but lost, are doing the works, living the life, and all this is of SELF Righteousness, and that is the "OF the WORLD" method... to try to be 'like God", or Like Jesus.

Saint, the reason that Jesus is in you, is many, but one them is so that He can live through you what HE requires of you.
This is why He told you, "apart from Me".... So, to be born again, is to be ONE with Him.
But when it comes to the holy lifestyle, then Jesus has to provide you the power to do it.
= "apart from me, you can do ......nothing".....and that certainly means you can't stop sinning apart from Jesus resolving that situation.
Not YOU.
You try, and that is why you confess and keep sinning.

So, what do we call Jesus living through us,.... what do we call His Righteousness as ours?
We call that the Grace of God.

When God says for us to be holy, and then Christ empowers us to do it while we REST from our own self effort that failed for years to live holy.....what do we call that?
We call that God's Grace.

Saint....If you want to stop sinning, then you have to find your place of REST in God's Grace.
To find that place, is to change your mind from "i can do it", "i will do it", "i am trying to do it"...to "Christ who is in me, will do it for me, through me, and i will always = REST in this GRACE of GOD".

Here is the mind you have to have, to exist in that place of Grace.

1.) Recognize that you can't lose your salvation = because God is keeping if for you, based on supplying it to you through the Blood of Jesus.

2.) Stop trying to resist sin by striving not to sin, as this empowers the dominion of the law to cause your sin consciousness to become inflamed to want to sin more... "the power of sin is the law".
You are not under the law, you are "under Grace" but you have to exist there in your BELIEF and Understanding.

3.) Come to the revelation that you are not a sinner, but you are "ONE with God and Christ"... that you are "in Christ", and that this is because the real you is the born again "New Creation", and not the old man of the flesh that has its lusts.

4.) Recognize that God is always at Peace with you, based on the Blood of Jesus, and in this knowledge, rest there, and in this resting in God's Grace, you'll find deliverance from all that is causing you to sin.

Listen....There is power in the Blood Atonement, that is not freeing you, because you are trying to do for yourself, by self effort, what the Blood of Jesus has already accomplished for you, as "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

Saints...We do not stop sinning by striving to stop....We stop because we "are not a sinner" we are a "SAINT".."One with GOD"..., and so by RESTING in God's Grace = we are freed from the Law's power of dominion to cause us to want to sin.
Part of this is incorrect, but most of it is great.

Willful sin separates us from God, not just struggling with temptation.

Hebrews 6 speaks of transgressors in the church that willfully push the Law, causing the sacrifice of Jesus to be negated for them.

Some sin's of our lives must be FOUGHT out, not to rest in them.

We must hate these sins like God hates them to overcome.

Jesus said "he that overcometh..."

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we go again...:rolleyes:... The infallible one... Full of pride... Free from not only sin but the temptation of sin...

Not even Christ can claim that so u must be the messiah... The omniscient one... Only you hold the whole truth...:rolleyes:
Pray for them. They know not what they are. :(

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The term, the just shall live by his faith, is found in both old and new testaments, and covers every aspect of the believers life through salvation, and sanctification.

The power not to sin is up to God. The just shall live by faith.

So, to stop sinning, is not to have faith in God.
To have faith in God, is to be saved..........but, how do you stop sinning after you are saved.

After this, as he continues, he comes to this place....>>"Christ always gives me the Victory".

Now, notice the word......ALWAYS.
That is not Paul confessing and repenting.......as that Paul was the one that was "that which i dont want to do"..

So, He is showing you what im showing you.
That, you can be free, once you stop STRIVING in your own willpower, and begin to rest in God's Grace, by RIGHT Believing.
you are contradicting yourself...berating me because you reckon I wasn't offering the solution, yet later on saying exactly what I said. I think you are shooting from the hip.