I'm just as good to eat, said the tare to the wheat

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus' parable of the wheat and tares indicates that they both grow together, and only at the end are they separated. They are superficially indistinguishable from each other.

I doubt anyone would claim that they are therefore the same, and there is no need to separate them from each other. Most Christians don't seem to have a problem admitting that there are tares in the world today. None dare admit that they may actually be one, and perhaps tares never know they're tares until they're tossed into the fire.

This doesn't negate the fact that one could be a tare. Still, Christians are not likely to entertain the possibility lest they discover something about themselves in the process.

What if you were a tare rather than wheat? Would you live your life any differently knowing you will never be gathered into the barn at the harvest?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The nature of the tare leads me to post this scripture. The tare causes intoxication and can have deadly side effects. It's head stands proud while wheat slumps in humility.

So while is may be impossible for the tare to know itself, it is not the case with wheat whom are capable of honest reflection.

Hebrews 3:12-15
12See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. 15As has just been said:

“Today, if you hear his voice,

do not harden your hearts

as you did in the rebellion.” c

As for the tares they will have something for demons to mock them about in hell.