I'm not sure where to post this...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
I'm so upset, I need someone to talk to. Today I go into a huge argument with my brother and nephew. I pretty sure they hate me now, i said things I didn't mean. I'm so hurt..
My brother always made me feel like everything was my fault, i feel like i was getting blamed for everything and I got tired of it, I don't know what got into me, saying things I don't mean.
I told him I hated him but I don't, I can't stop crying. I tried to apologize.
I let the enemy get the best of me. I don't know what to do. Now my mom seems mad at me.
I literally feel like everyone hates me and suicide keeps coming into my head.
Any advice and prayer would be appreciated...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well, on the bright side your brother must care about you since he was bothered enough to tell your mother. When things cool off try to apologize again, just get the words out that is all you need to do. If he will not accept your apology that is his problem.

Didn't you pray for a resolution of the problems with your brother? This could lead to that in a roundabout way, your just have to wait and see. But for now assume your family still cares about you.

I pray that you are secure in the knowledge of God's love and the love of your family. That your relationships with your family may be strengthened despite these difficulties. And Lord rebuke these thoughts of suicide in Jesus name.
Amen

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
lforrest said:
Well, on the bright side your brother must care about you since he was bothered enough to tell your mother. When things cool off try to apologize again, just get the words out that is all you need to do. If he will not accept your apology that is his problem.

Didn't you pray for a resolution of the problems with your brother? This could lead to that in a roundabout way, your just have to wait and see. But for now assume your family still cares about you.

I pray that you are secure in the knowledge of God's love and the love of your family. That your relationships with your family may be strengthened despite these difficulties. And Lord rebuke these thoughts of suicide in Jesus name.
Amen
Thank you,
I did pray.. i cried out to the Lord.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Give it a little time. You were angry...which is a no-no, but we're only human.
I have a little brother who drives me crazy! And we he is, let's see...58, and I am 64. No doubt, I love the arrogant little...um...well, I love him. And he loves me. But there have been times...

You didn't say how old you guys are? It does make a difference. But as I said, me and my kid brother are well up in years, and he still drives me crazy.

I'd be a lot more worried about siblings who seemed to get along perfectly all the time. It isn't natural. I'd figure one or both of them was "up to something" and I'd be a nervous wreck waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Anyhow, suicide is not the answer, and I'm pretty sure you know it. Have you tried going to your Mom and telling her how you feel? It might be worth a try, anyhow. She might surprise you.

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
The Barrd said:
Give it a little time. You were angry...which is a no-no, but we're only human.
I have a little brother who drives me crazy! And we he is, let's see...58, and I am 64. No doubt, I love the arrogant little...um...well, I love him. And he loves me. But there have been times...

You didn't say how old you guys are? It does make a difference. But as I said, me and my kid brother are well up in years, and he still drives me crazy.

I'd be a lot more worried about siblings who seemed to get along perfectly all the time. It isn't natural. I'd figure one or both of them was "up to something" and I'd be a nervous wreck waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Anyhow, suicide is not the answer, and I'm pretty sure you know it. Have you tried going to your Mom and telling her how you feel? It might be worth a try, anyhow. She might surprise you.
I'm 25 and he is 33.
I talked to my mom about it but she didn't really say anything just that we should get along.
I know suicide isn't the answer..
My brother is slowly talking to me again but not my nephew, I want to say sorry to him but idk..

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Cardinal1990 said:
I'm 25 and he is 33.
I talked to my mom about it but she didn't really say anything just that we should get along.
I know suicide isn't the answer..
My brother is slowly talking to me again but not my nephew, I want to say sorry to him but idk..
Yeah.
I'm afraid I've committed that one, too...blowing my kid off with "you guys just need to get along!" As if they didn't already know that.

Let's see...you're 25 and your brother is 33.
So the nephew can't be much more than around 13 or so. Do you remember what you were like at that age? Insufferable, more than likely. If he's anything like most adolescents, he's going to hold on to his grudge for awhile. You're just going to have to be patient...he'll grow up. Just keep letting him know that you do love him.

thirdeyezero

Aug 27, 2015
Cardinal1990 said:
I'm so upset, I need someone to talk to. Today I go into a huge argument with my brother and nephew. I pretty sure they hate me now, i said things I didn't mean. I'm so hurt..
My brother always made me feel like everything was my fault, i feel like i was getting blamed for everything and I got tired of it, I don't know what got into me, saying things I don't mean.
I told him I hated him but I don't, I can't stop crying. I tried to apologize.
I let the enemy get the best of me. I don't know what to do. Now my mom seems mad at me.
I literally feel like everyone hates me and suicide keeps coming into my head.
Any advice and prayer would be appreciated...
Let go of blame and guilt, both are an aberration and will keep you from realizing that God has confidence in you.

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
The Barrd said:
Yeah.
I'm afraid I've committed that one, too...blowing my kid off with "you guys just need to get along!" As if they didn't already know that.

Let's see...you're 25 and your brother is 33.
So the nephew can't be much more than around 13 or so. Do you remember what you were like at that age? Insufferable, more than likely. If he's anything like most adolescents, he's going to hold on to his grudge for awhile. You're just going to have to be patient...he'll grow up. Just keep letting him know that you do love him.
He's 15.

I just told him I'm sorry and that love him, it felt good to finally say it and he told me he loves me too and we hugged for awhile.

I kept having dreams of me saying sorry and I would hug him,
today I went to a church tent meeting and there was a lady there talking about how she didn't get to see her grandson and when she finally made to go see him he passed away, it was too late for her to see him and that made me think, and it touched my heart so I came home and told my nephew I'm sorry and I love him,
I'm so happy now :)

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
Sometimes conflicts and arguments can strengthen a relation. Your family are lovely. :) Families now a days doesn't even care about each other as they used to...

May God bless you and your family abundantly,
David.

Cardinal1990

Feb 21, 2015
davidnelson said:
Sometimes conflicts and arguments can strengthen a relation. Your family are lovely. :) Families now a days doesn't even care about each other as they used to...

May God bless you and your family abundantly,
David.
Thank You :)

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Cardinal1990 said:
He's 15.

I just told him I'm sorry and that love him, it felt good to finally say it and he told me he loves me too and we hugged for awhile.

I kept having dreams of me saying sorry and I would hug him,
today I went to a church tent meeting and there was a lady there talking about how she didn't get to see her grandson and when she finally made to go see him he passed away, it was too late for her to see him and that made me think, and it touched my heart so I came home and told my nephew I'm sorry and I love him,
I'm so happy now :)
I'm so glad to hear that you guys made up! That makes my evening.
Now, I will pray for all of you...

And I hope you have all learned from this. Obviously you guys all love each other.

I agree with David...God bless all of you!