Imagine a World with no Christians!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jerome went with a different word. Why? The letters were better in Latin.
He saw a difference and picked one over the other.
Why would Saint Paul write to Romans in Greek when he could speak any language he wanted.
Why did Jerome pick the Latin over the Greek here in this place.

you do write complete rubbish! this shows your ignorance of the facts!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a link by any chance?

οὐ κοιμηθησόμεθα, πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] B D2 K L P Ψ 048 075 0150 0243 6 81 88 104 181 256 263 326 330 365 424 436 451 459 614 629 630 1175 1319 1573 1852 1877 1881 1912 1962 1984 1985 2127 2200 2464 2492 2495 Byz Lect syrp syrh copsa copbo goth eth geo2 slav (Origen1/2) (Adamantius) Theodore-Heraclea Acacius Caesarius-Nazianzus Ephraem (Titus-Bostra) Apollinaris Diodore Gregory-Nyssa Ps-Justin Chrysostom Chrysostom Theodore (Cyril1/2) Ps-Jerome Euthalius Theodoret Theodoret Cosmas Andrew John-Damascus (mssAccording to Didymus) Greek mssAccording to Pelagius Greek mssAccording to Jerome Greek mssAccording to Maximus mssAccording to Rufinus ς WH

οὐ κοιμηθησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] p46 Ac Adamantiusmss

κοιμηθησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] ‭à (A* οἱ πάντες) C F (G οὖν) 0243* 33 1241 1739 itf(mg) itg arm geo1 Origengr(1/2) Origenlat AcaciusAccording to Jerome Aphraates Didymus Jerome Cyril1/2 mssAccording to Jerome mssAccording to Augustine mssAccording to Pelagius mssAccording to Maximus

ἀναστησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] D* itar itb itd itdem (ite) itf(text) itm (ito) itx itz(vid) vg MarcionAccording to Adamantius(lat) Tertullian Jacob-Nisibis Ambrosiaster Hilary Gregory-Elvira Ambrose Rufinus Pelagius AugustineSpeculum Quodvultdeus John-Damascus Latin mssAccording to Pelagius Latin mssAccording to Augustine

κοιμηθησόμεθα, πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] l1443

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now that you are asking, here it is. there are 4 major variants for 1 Cor 15:51

1 οὐ κοιμηθησόμεθα, πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα, which has the greater majority of textual evidence, Greek and Latin, including Jerome

2. οὐ κοιμηθησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα, which has the sole support of the Papyri P46 Greek mss

3. κοιμηθησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα, which has the support of Origen in the Greek, and mostly Latin, including Jerome

4. ἀναστησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα, almost only Latin support

This is the right one.
Ecce mysterium vobis dico: omnes quidem resurgemus, sed non omnes immutabimur.

1904 Greek Fathers. Close.
ἰδοὺ μυστήριον ὑμῖν λέγω· πάντες μὲν οὐ κοιμηθησόμεθα, πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα,

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
οὐ κοιμηθησόμεθα, πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] B D2 K L P Ψ 048 075 0150 0243 6 81 88 104 181 256 263 326 330 365 424 436 451 459 614 629 630 1175 1319 1573 1852 1877 1881 1912 1962 1984 1985 2127 2200 2464 2492 2495 Byz Lect syrp syrh copsa copbo goth eth geo2 slav (Origen1/2) (Adamantius) Theodore-Heraclea Acacius Caesarius-Nazianzus Ephraem (Titus-Bostra) Apollinaris Diodore Gregory-Nyssa Ps-Justin Chrysostom Chrysostom Theodore (Cyril1/2) Ps-Jerome Euthalius Theodoret Theodoret Cosmas Andrew John-Damascus (mssAccording to Didymus) Greek mssAccording to Pelagius Greek mssAccording to Jerome Greek mssAccording to Maximus mssAccording to Rufinus ς WH

οὐ κοιμηθησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] p46 Ac Adamantiusmss

κοιμηθησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] ‭à (A* οἱ πάντες) C F (G οὖν) 0243* 33 1241 1739 itf(mg) itg arm geo1 Origengr(1/2) Origenlat AcaciusAccording to Jerome Aphraates Didymus Jerome Cyril1/2 mssAccording to Jerome mssAccording to Augustine mssAccording to Pelagius mssAccording to Maximus

ἀναστησόμεθα, οὐ πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] D* itar itb itd itdem (ite) itf(text) itm (ito) itx itz(vid) vg MarcionAccording to Adamantius(lat) Tertullian Jacob-Nisibis Ambrosiaster Hilary Gregory-Elvira Ambrose Rufinus Pelagius AugustineSpeculum Quodvultdeus John-Damascus Latin mssAccording to Pelagius Latin mssAccording to Augustine

κοιμηθησόμεθα, πάντες δὲ ἀλλαγησόμεθα] l1443

I appreciate that. But what I was actually after was the link to your source to use in my own reference work. This appears copied and pasted, so I am assuming you have a link somewhere you could provide, yes?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerome went with a different word. Why? The letters were better in Latin.
He saw a difference and picked one over the other.
Why would Saint Paul write to Romans in Greek when he could speak any language he wanted.
Why did Jerome pick the Latin over the Greek here in this place.

If you were referring to this post here, I'm just reading it now.

I would agree with your other responses that Greek was still the primary language of the Hellenized world at the time the NT was written, not Latin.

As to why Jerome chose to write in Latin, he was writing 300 years after the fact.

What do you mean, "How so?" LoL. If Jerome's reading of 1st Corinthians 15:51 is entirely different than that of virtually the entirety of the texts that have survived to this day and Jerome himself did not supply us with a complete New Testament himself, don't you think that leaves the church a little in doubt as to if anything accurate at all has been handed down?

Heavens, Lol.

Reactions: amigo de christo

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were referring to this post here, I'm just reading it now.

I would agree with your other responses that Greek was still the primary language of the Hellenized world at the time the NT was written, not Latin.

As to why Jerome chose to write in Latin, he was writing 300 years after the fact.

What do you mean, "How so?" LoL. If Jerome's reading of 1st Corinthians 15:51 is entirely different than that of virtually the entirety of the texts that have survived to this day and Jerome himself did not supply us with a complete New Testament himself, don't you think that leaves the church a little in doubt as to if anything accurate at all has been handed down?

Heavens, Lol.

What language did Romans primary speak? It's so simple. I bet you never knew Corinth was a Roman town...
Focus, why would Saint Paul write in Greek to a town made up of mostly Romans?
So simple.
Did he not speak any language? Why only Greek?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What language did Romans primary speak? It's so simple. I bet you never knew Corinth was a Roman town...
Focus, why would Saint Paul write in Greek to a town made up of mostly Romans?
So simple.
Did he not speak any language? Why only Greek?

God the Holy Spirit, Who Inspired the Writers of the New Testamant, chose Greek as the language for the New Testament, and not Latin, even though Latin was spoken at this time!