In need of help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David323

Mar 13, 2007
I’m in need of help. My son just turned 17. He has been obsessed with dragons for about two years now. My wife and I have talked to him about it several times. We have let it go this long because we haven’t been sure that there is anything wrong with it. He told his mom a couple of days ago that he believes an ancient dragon spirit is communicating with him. This just doesn’t seem right to me. I believe if dragons were real they would not have a spirit like a human. I believe the only place in the Bible a dragon is mentioned is in Revelations (Well I just found out that also probably in Job, I will have to check that out). My son thinks that satan has chosen a dragon form in Revelations but that it could have just as well been another form. He has told me he believes Jesus died for his sins and that he is going to Heaven. He says he believes that dragons are not evil. I know he gets on the internet and chats about dragons all the time and virtually nothing else. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I’m probably going to talk to him this weekend about it. I have prayed about this and believe God will answer me through the replies given here.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(David323;33435)
I’m in need of help. My son just turned 17. He has been obsessed with dragons for about two years now. My wife and I have talked to him about it several times. We have let it go this long because we haven’t been sure that there is anything wrong with it. He told his mom a couple of days ago that he believes an ancient dragon spirit is communicating with him. This just doesn’t seem right to me. I believe if dragons were real they would not have a spirit like a human. I believe the only place in the Bible a dragon is mentioned is in Revelations (Well I just found out that also probably in Job, I will have to check that out). My son thinks that satan has chosen a dragon form in Revelations but that it could have just as well been another form. He has told me he believes Jesus died for his sins and that he is going to Heaven. He says he believes that dragons are not evil. I know he gets on the internet and chats about dragons all the time and virtually nothing else. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I’m probably going to talk to him this weekend about it. I have prayed about this and believe God will answer me through the replies given here.
he may be going threw a stage.he keeps jesus thats the best thing,stay away from sunday sabbath belief..surround him with the protection of angels in jesus name everyday and have faith

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Hmm,to my understanding stages usually never last 2 years! I may be wrong some do,but when he says an ancient dragon spirit is communicating with him,that is the part to be worried,the dragon is usually a mark of the beast(devil),So if this "ancient dragon" I s Commuting with him tell him to not listen,it could possibly be the devil trying to corrupt your son!!!,Surround him with love and pray pray pray,make sure he keeps going to church,and tell him how much God loves him,and how you worry about him!!!

country_lad

Jan 27, 2008
Canada
Revelation, Chapter 12, 003: And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. Revelation, Chapter 12, 004: And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. Revelation, Chapter 12, 007: And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, Revelation, Chapter 12, 009: And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Revelation, Chapter 12, 013: And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. Revelation, Chapter 12, 016: And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. Revelation, Chapter 12, 017: And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Revelation, Chapter 13, 002: And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. Revelation, Chapter 13, 004: And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? Revelation, Chapter 13, 011: And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. Revelation, Chapter 16, 013: And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. Revelation, Chapter 20, 002: And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
Demons are sly things that pretend to be anyone or anything in order to form a "bond" with someone, who they'll then use as a 'gateway' to get into our world.Classic examples are the demons who pretend to be deceased relatives at seances and Spiritist Church meetings.After all, a demon pretending to be "dear departed uncle Albert" isn't going to admit its a demon that incites men to kill little girls is it?Likewise, if somebody is interested in dragon mythology, what could be easier than for a demon to pretend to be a 'harmless dragon' in order to bond with the person, who feels proud and special to have his very own dragon?

Siskim

Jan 29, 2008
David, This is a real concern. It's not a joke. Dragons and dungeons ring a bell? I feel for you, and believe you need help. Talking may not do it, but at best you can start to suggest some ideas to the boy...like let's remember who God is, what his Spirit is about, how He speaks, what he says, in what ways He leads us, etc.... The boy will not likely instantly listen or believe you if he is in a stronghold, but he still has a choice! Give him suggesstions of things to think about...that may make in all the way into his conscience!And you will surely need to pray continually for guidance and for God's power to intervene. If you have a wife pray together...more power...with 2 or more...and especially with families...A very brief summary of a recent happenning in my life that relates....Even being a mature 46 mentally, emotionally, in life and God, I was overtaken by great deception...woman minister/prophet/missionary...who over a years time of constant long distance contact, I was not the same person anymore! When someone is obsessed with something...not a good sign! I was obsessed. We were determined to get to Africa for this great mission call, and this woman knows alot of people here and there, who actually believe in her. Long story. Has a large international christian website. She took me in...indeed! right away. I became a loyal follower and listener to all her...God said this and that. Meanwhile my husband all the time trying to tell me the truth I could not/would not see. At one point I flew from MI to Fla...what a trip! Left kids and husband home and mom and dad...all crying and going crazy. I was now on missing persons list. This is not me! Never was. One night my husband laying over the side of tub, sobbing his soul out! Pleading, begging God. He is 65 and me 46...this was all a little much for him or any man. He knew I was going to leave; the man loves me with his life, our later life kids are 5 and 11. I am a Nurse and long time Jesus girl with ministry callings. It aint the first time satan's tried to sift me and he doesn't like your boy any better.And I was praying alot during this! I was getting sense of power...to walk this path! Stupid me thought it was God. Husband said my eyes looked stone cold...evil! this woman saying, "Anyone who gets in the way of this call, God will bury." She believed this! She had me believing it. I tried to beg my husband to cooperate. He absolutely Refused to let her come here at all my requests! No! she can't...ever!!!Keep in mind...all the following happened "After" my Phil lost it and prayed so hard...He told me later it was like he had exhausted EVERY human resource to save me and us and our family, and he was a broken man and pleading his soul out to God.He went one day to pray...at a rest stop in his truck. A guy tapped on his window later to wake him up. He came home and told me of dream or vision. A room...me and him and kids on one side and this woman on the other with line drawn on floor between us and white figure standing in middle! When I walked over line to her and became connected to her, the white figure took Phil and kids up another path. (I thought later...no white figure was with me or us)I didn't want to get it (major point...will). Some time later when I was near taking steps to go to her in Fla. ....one night Phil came in, after weeks of health suddenly declining fast. He looked so so bad. (has Histroy of 2 heart attacks but has been fine). Weak, very, and slightly unsteady and almost slightly disoriented. Very unusual. I really thought his end was coming just as this woman "Mother" had said. She always said God was going to take him home and me and her going to Africa.I put him on couch, and truly expecting him to go. Let me tell you now that God spoke some words to me once..."spiritual woe" when another time he sent me warning not to mess with this other woman preacher and I heeded that time and "Saw" the truth "ONLY" After I prayed and agreed to listen to God even if what he said wasn't what I wanted! Major point! If I had not, god would not have shown me!For one hour my Phil lay there, too weak to move a muscle, talking to me like a dying person. (I've been with alot of dying...Nurse in Nursing Home 10 years). As if he was half here and half gone, eyes glazy, telling me how much he loved and loves me and "You hyave to stop!" He was so concerned! I "Knew" more than him was talking to me. Weeks prior I got a call from Pastor/Prophet in Africa, I knew very little, who gave me words and scriptures to match..."God was going to again deliver zion" "As God told Sarah in Genesis..."I will visit byou as I have said and do unto you as I have said." He just said God said he was going to deliver me. Also of interest...all would later seem as a dream. It surely does!!!Stay with me...there is a point for you!I have always had a heart to surrender to God even under hard temptation, well atleast my heart wanted to. I tried. I had prayed God dont let me do the wrong thing...even though I was in stronghold and Wanted what I wanted. Phil started now saying over and over, "Look, he's there," while trying to lift a very weak hand and finger to point to who he was seeing in room behind me. I tell you, what I saw in Phil's eyes and face I have never seen! A glow, eyes of pure love. Who he saw he knew! It was as if he was seeing someone heknew, loved greatly, hadn't seen in a long time, and was with complete joy and peace to see. amazing!The he started saying, "I have to sleep awhile." over and over. You know what I thought? I was telling him it's Ok, I'll see you in awhile. I did love him still even though I was so lost and taken. We have talked plenty about a time he goes home and I have to remain and I have cried a million tears. Then to my surprise he says, "No you have it wrong, I have to sleep awhile because He's gotta do some things in me." Hmmm. He did finally sleep....for 45 minutes. I was standing in kitchen, just feet away in wide open view, turned around for some reason, and saw him standing and laughing with kids! wow! He appeared like he did months ago...strong and normal. I have no idea how the old video of when kids were babies got into the player! all this with my back turned a few feet away. My kids don't have what it takes to even think of searching for that video let alone find it! And Phil would not have at that time and I heard nothing!since then Phil no longer takes Nitro tabs which he has for years regularly!Next...I'm still not surrendered. One day I ask him again to go get "Mother." this poor servant was stranded in a motel with money gone and no one to rescue her. Last (but not hardly first) people she stayed with droppped her and her stuff at the motel. Granddaughter and 2 year old come with the package! Phil left within hours, to go 24 hrs to Fla. with his mothers car! she actually let him borrow it. We were in bankruptsy now due to everything and only had his small truck now. I wish I could tell of all the fun we had catering to these sappers for 2 months! Lucky to finally get them out. It didn't take me long now to start "seeing."Phil says he went because God told him it was the only way I was going to see. I believe that. We are very restored now and continue to "see" God's hand. Phil hardly remembers his healing night; but I saw it all. He does know it happened and he was quite affected....came out with such a love in his eyes and glow on his face and New intimacy in conversation about Jesus.Moral of the Story....Phil heard words after all this one day or night..... "You must be Forever Vigilant."Later I remembered the scripture..."Vigilant because your enemy, the devil, as a roaring lion, goes about seeking whom he may devour." I asked Phil what these words meant to him and he said......... "When we get in trouble, we dont hesitate, but go right to our dad for help. God is a Father, and he wants us to come to him right away whenever we have any problems" Phil did pray all that year, but he didn't Really pray until that time over the tub. After that things started to happen....after a whole year! You better believe that today I do not wait to go to God when I see any trouble approaching! The longer we wait the worse things get. during this story there was a time when I couldn't even think a wrong thought or Phil would...the very same or next day, say....I heard words or had a dream about you heading toward trouble again....I feel it he'd say. We are not alone. God see all. "We are encompassed about with a great cloud of witnesses." This man God has made my protector...I knew that long ago. He has asked how long he would be with me a few times. He heard during this..."you will be with her as long as she needs you." I wasn't needing him anymore and he was literally dying. Spritual woe means spiritual death. I thought I was being led by God and I was dead! If god had not intervened Phil would have died, if I had made it to Africa I would probably have died...i believe that...and more of this story would tell why. And my kids?Man, you have got to get your boy out of this. Who knows how deep he is, but atleast he is obsessed and it's not good. God does not have shades of mysticism, secretivism, and he does not build human powers in us! In the way that I felt and likely, possibly your boy. He is light, and there is no darkness in Him. He doesn't say anything about good Dragons in His word, and he is not giving "New" words to His written Word today or changing meanings. I would most of all start praying against the powers and for God to intervene. Next I would not overwhelm the bou with alot of talk and reason, but would drop signifigant suggestions into his heart regarding who God is, how he relates to us, you know....things to give the boy a clue as to the difference in the true God and this dark dragon experience. God will use His word right? Put the word of Light in him. Be a guide. Be loving, not overbearing, as I'm sure you already are, don't let a wall come between you, but don't give in to believing any of the stuff he might say, like...it's no big deal.Boy do I hate this. will pray for you and him...what's his name? Let us know will you? love Sis kim