Is Jesus the "third temple"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. John saw the events of Rev 19 and wrote the SMITING and TREADING in the present tense because they were happening at Armageddon but the RULE was written in the future tense because it was something that would happen after Armageddon.

Your assertion that it was wruitten long ago so it's all future tense is...well, absurd, and ignorant of Greek grammar. Not nice try though.
You are not hearing what I said in post #95.
John wrote his prophetic visions from God in 96AD (in the past). Armageddon is future tense, still.

But, as for the entirety of Revelation, for us now, NOT ALL of Rev. Is future tense. For example:
1. The saints under the altar (144k were under the OC) in Rev. 6:9-11 is past.

2. "The first resurrection", who is Jesus Himself, is in the past. However, we who are "having part" in His resurrection, is still present, ever since Pentecost.

3. The first beast, having 10 horns, rising from the sea, was the past Roman Empire, but did live, and has been subtly evolving. It shall be making its final future appearance shortly in its final state, being a Global Economic Empire.

4. The "another beast, having two horns", appeared just recently in time past, and has become "another" world ruler, telling the people of the world in 1945 (past), that THEY should make the image to the beast with 10 horns, of which they did, being that of the UN. It's coming to be, of which is now currently operative, is in the present, as is the beast with 2 horns still present., along with the beast with 10 horns, which has been incognito at the present.
The 10 Horned beast will not be known in the future until the issuance of it's "MoB", of which the UN, which is present, shall cause ALL people to receive the MoB, in order for them to buy or sell.

5. The FINAL manifestation of the BEAST (Global Economic Empire), WITH 10 horns on the beast is still future. We won't know of IT or them until the MoB is issued, which is when Jesus, not too long after, shall visibly appear from heaven.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not hearing what I said in post #95.
John wrote his prophetic visions from God in 96AD (in the past). Armageddon is future tense, still?

You are the one not hearing. Re-read my post. You are violating the grammar of the Greek language and not properly understanding the verb tenses involved. Also, Armageddon isn't "future tense" because it isn't a verb.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Impossible because the birth pangs (pre-trib) events have to happen, then the GT with the two beasts as well as the two witnesses, and at the end of the trib the two prophets are killed, resurrect and rise into heaven, that's the conclusion of the 6th trump, the 7th sounds and Christ returns, the resurrection and rapture happen and the 7 vials pour, the 6th vial being the one that allows the armies to gather at Armageddon.

Near future? Impossible.

Your chronology of events is also very wrong.

Really. Your response is couched around a Pre-trib POV. I do not hold to that theological understanding and so arrive at a very different outcome.

Oh well each to their own then.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one not hearing. Re-read my post. You are violating the grammar of the Greek language and not properly understanding the verb tenses involved. Also, Armageddon isn't "future tense" because it isn't a verb.
That's real smart, "Armageddon" isn't a verb.

Though I often disagree with Earburner, he wasn't referring to Armageddon as a verb, but only that it is about an future event.

Reactions: Earburner

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 2:19 ESV
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
Possibly, not 100%, I would have to dive back into the last few chapters of Ezekiel and compare, I recall there being some similarities.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can sum up my feelings and response to the title of this thread as...

... my CAR could be an angel! It takes me places, keeps me out of danger while traveling like its watching over me, and it shines when it gets washed! So if Lord Jesus is a temple, why can't my CAR be my guardian angel? That... is how crazy the topic of this thread is.

Is that how today's Churches are teaching brethren how to think? Just whatever idea pops into one's head, means abracadabra and it could be true???

According to God's Word, The Father and His Son are SYMBOLICALLY REPRESENTATIVE of the True Temple in Heaven. But because of man continually thinking in his fleshy carnal mind, they want to think 'literal' physical temple building.

No, The Father and His Son are NOT a literal temple building, nor a Church building. Per Revelation, in God's future Eternal Kingdom it is written there will be NO MORE TEMPLE, for The Father and The Son, They Themselves will be the replacement of the idea of a physical temple building (Rev.21).

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, 1 Cor. 2:5.
I hear the mind of Christ within me, which is not through the wisdom of men, which is why you are so focussed on "crunching words" for correct definition and grammar. All of that is according to the wisdom of OUR words, of OUR languages, and OUR MEANING. However, though God USES our words to communicate, His meaning and definitions is through the mind of Christ, and not some dictionary or biblical scholar!

MANY are placing THEIR faith in that which the Holy Spirit is telling us of where our faith should NOT BE.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Possibly, not 100%, I would have to dive back into the last few chapters of Ezekiel and compare, I recall there being some similarities.
Ref. Post #107:
Let's not forget KJV 2 John
[20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
[21] But he spake of the temple of his body.
[22] When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, 1 Cor. 2:5.
I hear the mind of Christ within me, which is not through the wisdom of men, which is why you are so focussed on "crunching words" for correct definition and grammar. All of that is according to the wisdom of OUR words, of OUR languages, and OUR MEANING. However, though God USES our words to communicate, His meaning and definitions is through the mind of Christ, and not some dictionary or biblical scholar!

MANY are placing THEIR faith in that which the Holy Spirit is telling us of where our faith should NOT BE.

Still avoiding the Greek verb tenses that prove a rule over people after Armageddon. The Holy Spirit wrote them on purpose and they should not be ignored. This is classic theological bias.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite (Aorist tense verb with PRESENT tense meaning) the nations: and he shall rule (FUTURE tense verb) them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth (PRESENT tense verb) the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Here rule/poimaino is in the FUTURE tense meaning it will happen at some point AFTER the second coming and battle of Armageddon while treadeth/pateo is written in the PRESENT tense meaning it is happening during this second coming. The treading and smiting are happening at Armageddon but not the ruling which proves mortals will be alive after Armageddon is over. This proves the Premill position because indeed there is a future rule of people who were not slain during the second coming that Christ and his saints will rule over.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough. Then why did you reference the Pre-trib in your previous post?

I said pre-trib about events that take place before the trib begins. They are known as birth pains. Saying pre-trib does not automatically mean "pretrib rapture". I clearly spoke of the rapture as being after the trib.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ref. Post #107:
Let's not forget KJV 2 John
[20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
[21] But he spake of the temple of his body.
[22] When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

The Jews were confused about what temple Christ meant. You are continuing their original confusion if you think Jesus was saying his body was the third temple.

If Jesus is the third temple, the Jews cannot go there and make sacrifices and the prophecy about the man of sin standing in the temple of God also could not happen.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I said pre-trib about events that take place before the trib begins. They are known as birth pains. Saying pre-trib does not automatically mean "pretrib rapture". I clearly spoke of the rapture as being after the trib.

I am sorry, that I did not understand that you were referring to events that will occur before the tribulation period at the end of the seventh age. Your words only created confusion for me because it did not differentiate the events prior to the tribulation from the time of the tribulation and the expectation that the pre-trib is wrongly expected to occur in the near future by many even on this forum.

Oh well. Thanks for clarifying the meaning of what you had written.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry, that I did not understand that you were referring to events that will occur before the tribulation period at the end of the seventh age. Your words only created confusion for me because it did not differentiate the events prior to the tribulation from the time of the tribulation and the expectation that the pre-trib is wrongly expected to occur in the near future by many even on this forum.

Oh well. Thanks for clarifying the meaning of what you had written.

I'll repost it. I'm sure you will understand it better now:

Impossible because the birth pangs (pre-trib) events have to happen, then the GT with the two beasts as well as the two witnesses, and at the end of the trib the two prophets are killed, resurrect and rise into heaven, that's the conclusion of the 6th trump, the 7th sounds and Christ returns, the resurrection and rapture happen and the 7 vials pour, the 6th vial being the one that allows the armies to gather at Armageddon.

You are placing Armageddon soon, before the events of the tribulation. Armageddon is spoken about a two places in Rev and they are both after the trib has ended making "soon" impossible.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are placing Armageddon soon, before the events of the tribulation. Armageddon is spoken about a two places in Rev and they are both after the trib has ended making "soon" impossible.

One of the places that Armageddon is mentioned is in Rev 16:12-16. The three frog like spirits goes out from Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet to do signs and wonders that the whole world will see so as to draw the kings of the earth to Armageddon. The signs and wonders occurred on 9/11/2001 AD, around 22 years ago but some scholars have argued that this prophecy has not even been partly fulfilled. In other words, that are pointedly saying that on part of the sixth bowl judgement has happened as yet.

It is my understanding that 9/11 was a fulfilment of the portion of the sixth bowl judgement where the three frog like spirits went out to do signs and wonders for all of the world to see.

When we see the kings of the earth at Armageddon then we will see Isaiah 24:21-22 unfolding: -

21 It shall come to pass in that day​
That the Lord will punish on high the host of exalted ones,​
And on the earth the kings of the earth.​
22 They will be gathered together,​
As prisoners are gathered in the pit,​
And will be shut up in the prison;​
After many days they will be punished.​
23 Then the moon will be disgraced​
And the sun ashamed;​
For the Lord of hosts will reign​
On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem​
And before His elders, gloriously.​

You see this as a distant future event. So be it. But we will all see the kings of the earth assembling at Armageddon within the next 20 to 25 years from now which will herald the end of the 2,300-year prophecy of the Little Horn being given armies from the nation on the earth to trample God's Sanctuary and His earthly Hosts after which, as Paul proclaims, all of Israel will be saved.

Oh well, such is the life of a prophet who brings the words of God to the attention of the people. Many false prophets will arise to bring contrary words to flood out the words of wisdom that the true prophets of God bring. Nothing much has changed, God's prophets have to contend with the rush of false words concerning the End Times.

Shalom

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews were confused about what temple Christ meant. You are continuing their original confusion if you think Jesus was saying his body was the third temple.

If Jesus is the third temple, the Jews cannot go there and make sacrifices and the prophecy about the man of sin standing in the temple of God also could not happen.
And you don't know that you have it all misunderstood, because you are doing that which the Holy Spirit through Paul, tells you exactly what you SHOULD NOT DO, and then tells you what you SHOULD DO INSTEAD.
KJV 1 Cor. 2:5

Take the time, and please go read, study and digest ALL of 1 Cor. Ch. 2. Then take in ALL of Gal. Ch. 4.

Now, not that your head should explode, you should also know that Jesus Himself IS His Father's House*, and we ourselves are the many mansions, that He is preparing a placement for, IN His Father's House, so that WHERE He IS, there we may be also.
KJV John 14:1-3

"To be IN Jesus, is to be IN the KoH.
To be IN the KoH, is to be IN Jesus." -Earburner.

*NOTE: Heb. 10
[19] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
[20] By a new and living way,
which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Last edited: