Is there a difference in " FALSE " teaching & error in teaching ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still do not know His Name???
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO KNOW THE NAME OF GOD .
read john chapter seventeen . read it real good .
JESUS IS SAYING SOMETHING HUGE in this .
Wait till ya see verse six , verse eleven and twelve .
THERE IS BUT ONE WAY TO EVEN BE KEPT in THE NAME OF GOD .
YET who keeps us in GOD . JESUS DOES . JESUS DOES .
I kept them IN YOUR NAME
I have manifested YOUR NAME unto the men ..........
OH YEAH before abraham was I AM . You better believe it .
THERE IS but ONE WAY TO GOD . THE WORD OF GOD , AND GOD IS HIS WORD and HIS WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID .
Read john seventeen . Folks are attacking and blaspheming the VERY WORD OF GOD , attacking the diety of CHRIST .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus had a word he gave a long , long time ago . I HAVE GIVEN THEM YOUR NAME . Ponder on
the beauty of that for a bit . I have shewed them YOUR NAME . YOUR NAME .
Yet how .............
PHILLIP if ya have seen me YE HAVE SEEN the FATHER .
You are not even fifty years old and YOU have SEEN abraham .
Now watch the beauty of HIS REPSONSE . HE DIDNT say , WELL Yeah i have seen abraham .
HE said something much , much deeper than just that . HE said before abraham was I AM .
NOW WHY DID THE JEWS SUDDENLY PICK UP STONES TO STONE HIM .
WHAT was JESUS saying that bothered them so very much .
BEFORE abraham was , I AM . Examine the last two words for THE ANSWER .
GOD IS HIS WORD and HIS WORD IS HE . PRAISE THE KING and never let them convince you otherwise .
That's RIGHT = "YOUR NAME" the Name above all names, to which every knee shall bow and every tongue confess = LORD Jesus Christ.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, [e]as I said to you. 27My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30I and My Father are one.”

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO KNOW THE NAME OF GOD .
read john chapter seventeen . read it real good .
JESUS IS SAYING SOMETHING HUGE in this .
Wait till ya see verse six , verse eleven and twelve .
THERE IS BUT ONE WAY TO EVEN BE KEPT in THE NAME OF GOD .
YET who keeps us in GOD . JESUS DOES . JESUS DOES .
I kept them IN YOUR NAME
I have manifested YOUR NAME unto the men ..........
OH YEAH before abraham was I AM . You better believe it .
THERE IS but ONE WAY TO GOD . THE WORD OF GOD , AND GOD IS HIS WORD and HIS WORD WILL NOT RETURN VOID .
Read john seventeen . Folks are attacking and blaspheming the VERY WORD OF GOD , attacking the diety of CHRIST .
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me.
26But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.
27My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
29My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.
30I and My Father are One.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For thus says the Lord,
Who created the heavens,
Who is God,
Who formed the earth and made it,
Who has established it,
Who did not create it in vain,
Who formed it to be inhabited:
“I am the Lord, and there is no other.
“Look to Me, and be saved,

All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.

I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath.

Have you bowed the knee and confessed with your heart and tongue that JESUS CHRIST is LORD and SAVIOR?
One of the first things you learn about someone is their name. Names are very important to God, and His name occurs in the Bible more than any other name, in fact one has to call upon His name for salvation. I would be glad to share His name with you, simply ask if you are interested.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the first things you learn about someone is their name. Names are very important to God, and His name occurs in the Bible more than any other name, in fact one has to call upon His name for salvation. I would be glad to share His name with you, simply ask if you are interested.
LORD Savior Messiah said: "I have given them Your Name".

Read the Gospel = the only LORD is JESUS and the only FATHER is the FATHER of our LORD Savior = Jesus the Christ.

God is a Unified ONE that has been revealed in Genesis, the Psalms, the Prophets as FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT.

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

LORD (YHWH) will only accept you if you bow your knee and confess with your tongue that JESUS CHRIST is LORD(YHWH).

Anyone who refuses to do this yet claims to know Him is an imposter.

You need a Savior and HIS NAME is JESUS the CHRIST = this is the NAME given to you from the FATHER in order that you may be SAVED.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read the Gospel = the only LORD is JESUS and the only FATHER is the FATHER of our LORD Savior = Jesus the Christ.

God is a Unified ONE that has been revealed in Genesis, the Psalms, the Prophets as FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT.

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

LORD (YHWH) will only accept you if you bow your knee and confess with your tongue that JESUS CHRIST is LORD(YHWH).

You need a Savior and HIS NAME is JESUS the CHRIST = this is the NAME given to you from the FATHER in order that you may be SAVED.
This generation no longer even wants to believe one has to beleive on Christ , let alone that he is the WORD of GOD
and that GOD is His word . All most want to hear is a fable about how all paths , all religoins are okay .
Believing folks like satans right hand lady oprhah wimphrey
who is delusional and tries to say It dont matter what one calls GOD , a buddist might call him this
or mulsim this . but that they are all following the same GOD . What a LIE from HELL that one is .
ONLY JESUS can reveal GOD unto US . And as for names , ALL them other names be false .
ONLY JESUS is the NAME that saveth . BUT they dont want to belive that one has to confess that name any more .
THEY want so badly to believe this fairy tale that all is well , all roads lead to GOD . ONLY I Aint gonna let
their conscious have any rest in a lie . BY grace i will continue to POINT TO CHRIST ALONE and TO HE ALONE PEROID .
REMINDING ALL that ONE MUST BELEIVE IN HIM TO BE SAVED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And i am fast becoming the enemy of this generation cause i constantly remind them OF THAT TRUTH
that one must beleive .
Have i become your enemy because i tell you the simple truth . apparently so to this generation .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is God's Name?

Much love!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting topic, thanks. I'm late to the party but want to respond to the OP.
I really have no input but was musing over how divided our Christian world is.
Yes, very divided.
Although I don't think we should view differences in doctrinal opinion as division in the negative sense.
Meaning, differences in opinion don't necessarily amount to division, in my view.
Better to seek to understand each other than to invest ourselves in "correcting" those with different opinions.
One states this is "what it says "while another states but this is "what it means".
Should be room for both. The questions are MORE important than the answers to me.
Even Jesus asked...

Luke 10:26 NIV
“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
I do believe we all have some aspects of indoctrination in our thinking upon the word of God.
Our individual religious upbringing leaves us with a lot of spiritual baggage.
However we should all be given to " swift to hear, slow to speak" in our addressing of others.
AMEN
Does anyone care to share your insights, battles against, or just what you've found to be  true in this questioning......
I was raised evangelical. Consider myself to be in recovery. Evaluating everything.
I'm on deconstruction mode. Eat the meat, spit out the bones.

Current standing is Theistic Agnostic. I believe in God, but I have a LOT of questions.
In my religious upbringing, skepticism was viewed as unbelief. We memorized Apologetics as answers to EVERY question.
I eventually found this to be lacking and disingenuous. The answers only rang true in the echo chamber of evangelicalism.

When a family situation left me to grapple with the question of a forever burning hell... that was the end for me.
No longer could I fully support the team that support that shameful doctrine.

I still attend church with my wife. It is more evangelical than I would like. But I can't expect them to accommodate me.
I say AMEN when I agree, and keep my mouth shut when I don't. - LOL

Reactions: amadeus

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting topic, thanks. I'm late to the party but want to respond to the OP.

Yes, very divided.
Although I don't think we should view differences in doctrinal opinion as division in the negative sense.
Meaning, differences in opinion don't necessarily amount to division, in my view.
Better to seek to understand each other than to invest ourselves in "correcting" those with different opinions.

Should be room for both. The questions are MORE important than the answers to me.
Even Jesus asked...

Luke 10:26 NIV
“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

Our individual religious upbringing leaves us with a lot of spiritual baggage.

AMEN

I was raised evangelical. Consider myself to be in recovery. Evaluating everything.
I'm on deconstruction mode. Eat the meat, spit out the bones.

Current standing is Theistic Agnostic. I believe in God, but I have a LOT of questions.
In my religious upbringing, skepticism was viewed as unbelief. We memorized Apologetics as answers to EVERY question.
I eventually found this to be lacking and disingenuous. The answers only rang true in the echo chamber of evangelicalism.

When a family situation left me to grapple with the question of a forever burning hell... that was the end for me.
No longer could I fully support the team that support that shameful doctrine.

I still attend church with my wife. It is more evangelical than I would like. But I can't expect them to accommodate me.
I say AMEN when I agree, and keep my mouth shut when I don't. - LOL
Wikipedia
Agnosticism is the view or belief that the existence of God, of the divine or the supernatural is unknown or unknowable.[1][2][3] It can be categorized as an indifference or absence of firm beliefs in theistic religions and atheism on that basis.[3] Another definition provided is the view that "human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist."[2]

Is this your current mindset?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wikipedia
Agnosticism is the view or belief that the existence of God, of the divine or the supernatural is unknown or unknowable.[1][2][3] It can be categorized as an indifference or absence of firm beliefs in theistic religions and atheism on that basis.[3] Another definition provided is the view that "human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist."[2]

Is this your current mindset?
Good question, thanks.
Christians are upset with the word agnostic.

I add the word Theistic in front of Agnostic.
As I wrote, "I believe in God, but I have a LOT of questions."
Thanks for allowing me to clarify.

My questions revolve around the institutions of Christian religion and the origins of the Bible.
I don't question WHETHER there is a God, but WHETHER we really understand Him.
Which is a question even Christians disagree on.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Although the Bible states there are many Lords, to God's people Lord is a title that applies to
Jehovah: Gen 15:2 And Abram said, O Lord Jehovah, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and he that shall be possessor of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?
As well as to Jesus: Luk 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is God's Name?

Much love!
Thanks for asking Marks, in English it is Jehovah. Many versions include it at Psalms 83:18: That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. KJV

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for asking Marks, in English it is Jehovah. Many versions include it at Psalms 83:18: That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. KJV
Is there really only one answer to that question about God's name? What about Yahweh?

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there really only one answer to that question about God's name? What about Yahweh?
let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”