Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Calling the Trinity “ caveman”. Blasphemy
Are you the guy that decides who is consigned to the fire? I see your ways...judgmental, and religious, just like the ecclesiastical doctrines you are conditioned to.

Are you the trinity?

Is it blasphemy to correct you in your obvious misunderstanding?

Do as you wish...judge away. You expose yourself.

Learn instead and come out of the cave.

• Haha
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The irony! :ummm:
Is that the answer from one who is teaching about and on the higher walk?
You have no defense si you dismiss it with a snark remark!
Let's just settle where you are coming from. Okay?
In the past, you claimed to be a Binitarian, which means
The Father is God and Jesus is God but that leaves out the Holy Spirit as the third person, a crucial misunderstanding that "He" is just the power of God.

>> Correct so far?
Now I looked up this view and also found that it has an offshoot. There is a semi-Arian Binitarian view as well. They do not believe Jesus was fully God and fully man.
>> Are you one in agreement with this view? That one presents problems I will put aside for now.
A Binitarian view is certainly better than not believeing in God. Believe in Jesus, put your faith in Him and you will be saved. And so likey hundreds of millions have been saved who misunderstood lots about the nature of God - unless they blaspheme the Holy Spirit. So I am not saying that you aren't saved, just you are lacking some truth about God which would be essential to teach the truth.
Did you pray to receive the Holy Spirit? Did the Father send you "ANOTHER HELPER", that "HE" MAY ABIDE IN YOU?( Matthew 3:11)
We receive spiritual discernment from the Holy Spirit amoung a long list of things.
This is fundamental in Christianity!
A born again Christian has a relationship with the Holy Spirit, Who gives us all truth and glorifies Jesus. Jesus said, "The Father will send you another Helper", "The Comforter", "Spirit of Truth". (John 14:16, 26; 15:26)
>> Did He mean the Father will send Himself? Jesus said also that He would send you the Spirit (John 16:7-8). Why wouldn't He just say, I'll send you the Father or the Father will come upon you? Why would Jesus differentiate between the Father and Himself and the Holy Spirit.
>> JOHN 16;13-15 <<
He lives in those who have been baptized by Him. If it were only the Father and Son, then Matthew 28:19 would be misleading.
The Jehovah Witnesses believe that the Holy Spirit is the force of God too, which is why their theology is off - nice people though, I have many in my family.
The Holy Spirit is One with the Father and the Son and so any guidance, teaching, counseling, speaking, knowledge, gifting, justification, sanctification, convictions, edification, etc., comes from Him. He glorifies Jesus ... so He is not Jesus glorifying Himself. The Father glorified Jesus. Jesus said, the Father and I are one, yet is Jesus Spirit the same as the Father's Spirit? What constitutes a heavenly spirit? An entity with a mind, will and emotions, a soul, a person? Jesus, just before He died asked His Father to receive His spirit. Obviously, it wasn't the same Spirit of the Father. They communicated with eachother. JESUS did not pray to Himself.
If you don't believe a person exists, how could He have a relationship with you?
Wouldn't that be an insult, denying that a person does not exist?

You need to reconsider the Holy Spirit as a person and be baptized by Him. You will be immersed into His name! I don't see how one can be "born again", "in Christ", without the Holy Spirit dwelling in them and/or their acknowledgment of Him. (Eph. 1:13 says that one who trusts and believes in Jesus is sealed by tue Holy Spirit.)
Romans 15:30 says the Spirit loves us. Love requires a mind, will, emotions, an act of a person.

You seem to be opposed to these fundamental beliefs of the Church, arguing against them, dismissing them, while offering your brand and in response, receive lots of discord and disagreement. That alone should give you reason to questoon your beliefs? At least 97% of Christians will not be in harmony with this Binitarian view. And since you are so adament and self- righteous about your views ( that receive much opposition); why not stop swimming against the current and just go find a nice Binitarian Church and live out your years sharing your Binitarian views with eachother. The JWs do that and seem content. The Mormons do that.
>> But don't try to change our views, we are secure in our beliefs, baptized by the Holy Spirit, Whom we have a relationship with along with our Father and Jesus.

Last edited:

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only an indoctrination can be so certain of what is not found in the bible. The Jews rejected Jesus as God. But when in all the OT did the Jews think that the Spirit of God was a separate Being than God? God is Spirit. God is ONE Spirit. Read your bible to see how many Spirits are in God. Is the Spirit of Christ a separate person from Christ? Is the Spirit of God a separate person from God?

The heresy is to separate God from His Spirit.

God is ONE Spirit in TWO Persons, Father and Son.

That was the apostolic teaching until 325 AD when Constantine forced a compromise on the bishops who were present on the council. They settled for the trinity for 2 main reasons. To refute Arianism. And to maintain control of men over the church based on reducing the Holy Spirit to being in name only ...NOT IN POWER...(Which no man can control) Ever since then we rarely see an outbreak of actual resurrection life based on the empowering of the Spirit of God. Instead we have settled for a Babylon of captivity to religious dogmas and ideologies that don't bring life.

Ecclesiastical hierarchies bring religion not life.
False and heresy

Reactions: ChristisGod

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be opposed to these fundamental beliefs of the Church, arguing against them, dismissing them, while offering your brand and in response, receive lots of discord and disagreement. That alone should give you reason ti questoon your beliefs? At least 97% of Christians will not be in harmony with this Binitarian view. And since are so adament and self- righteous about your views ( that receive much opposition); why not stop swimming against the current and just go find a nice Binitarian Church and live out your years sharing your Bibitarian views with eachother. The JWs do that and seem content. The Mormons do that.
>> But don't try to change our views, we are secure in our beliefs, baptized by the Holy Spirit, Whom we have a relationship with along with our Father and Jesus.
Note: "Mormons" baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Those are 3 different persons, united as 1 God.

-An actual "Mormon"

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that the answer from one who is teaching about and on the higher walk?
You have no defense si you dismiss it with a snark remark!
Let's just settle where you are coming from. Okay?
In the past, you claimed to be a Binitarian, which means
The Father is God and Jesus is God but that leaves out the Holy Spirit as the third person, a crucial misunderstanding that "He" is just the power of God.

>> Correct so far?
Now I looked up this view and also found that it has an offshoot. There is a semi-Arian Binitarian view as well. They do not believe Jesus was fully God and fully man.
>> Are you one in agreement with this view? That one presents problems I will put aside for now.
A Binitarian view is certainly better than not believeing in God. Believe in Jesus, put your faith in Him and you will be saved. And so likey hundreds of millions have been saved who misunderstood lots about the nature of God - unless they blaspheme the Holy Spirit. So I am not saying that you aren't saved, just you are lacking some truth about God which would be essential to teach the truth.
Did you pray to receive the Holy Spirit? Did the Father send you "ANOTHER HELPER", that "HE" MAY ABIDE IN YOU?( Matthew 3:11)
We receive spiritual discernment from the Holy Spirit amoung a long list of things.
This is fundamental in Christianity!
A born again Christian has a relationship with the Holy Spirit, Who gives us all truth and glorifies Jesus. Jesus said, "The Father will send you another Helper", "The Comforter", "Spirit of Truth". (John 14:16, 26; 15:26
>> Did He mean the Father will send Himself? Jesus said also that He would send you the Spirit (John 16:7-8). Why wouldn't He just say, I'll send you the Father or the Father will come upon you? Why would Jesus differentiate between the Father and Himself and the Holy Spirit.
>> JOHN 16;13-15 <<
He lives in those who have been baptized by Him. If it were only the Father and Son, then Matthew 28:19 would be misleading.
The Jehovah Witnesses believe that the Holy Spirit is the force of God too, which is why their theology is off - nice people though, I have many in my family.
The Holy Spirit is One with the Father and the Son and so any guidance, teaching, counseling, speaking, knowledge, gifting, justification, sanctification, convictions, edification, etc., comes from Him. He glorifies Jesus ... so He is not Jesus glorifying Himself. The Father glorified Jesus. Jesus said, the Father and I are one, yet is Jesus Spirit the same as the Father's Spirit? What constitutes a heavenly spirit? An entity with a mind, will and emotions, a soul, a person? Jesus, just before He died asked His Father to receive His spirit. Obviously, it wasn't the same Spirit of the Father. They communicated with eachother. JESUS did not pray to Himself.
If you don't believe a person exists, how could He have a relationship with you?
Wouldn't that be an insult, denying that a person does not exist?

You need to reconsider the Holy Spirit as a person and be baptized by Him. You will be immersed into His name! I don't see how one can be "born again", "in Christ", without the Holy Spirit dwelling in them and/or their acknowledgment of Him. (Eph. 1:13 says that one who trusts and believes in Jesus is sealed by tue Holy Spirit.)
Romans 15:30 says the Spirit loves us. Love requires a mind, will, emotions, an act of a person.

You seem to be opposed to these fundamental beliefs of the Church, arguing against them, dismissing them, while offering your brand and in response, receive lots of discord and disagreement. That alone should give you reason ti questoon your beliefs? At least 97% of Christians will not be in harmony with this Binitarian view. And since are so adament and self- righteous about your views ( that receive much opposition); why not stop swimming against the current and just go find a nice Binitarian Church and live out your years sharing your Bibitarian views with eachother. The JWs do that and seem content. The Mormons do that.
Well stated

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m not admin....just a warning to all...the thread will be closed if we keep talking about the trinity.talking about the trinity is not allowed on this forum as admin will confirm @Nancy

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How could a mere man take the sin of all mankind on his body?
Please explain what you are talking about here?

Are you talking about Jesus?

1 Peter 2:24
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

New Living Translation
He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.

English Standard Version
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Berean Standard Bible
He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. “By His stripes you are healed.”

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explained it in detail, many times to you in the past.
See, Verses dont help you, as you twist them against the Cross.

Listen,

The reason that Jesus uses "branches" is because this is symbolic of having a ROOT.

A real branch is become a part of the root, and spiritually speaking... that means "born again"., as that is how you abide IN JESUS , Spiritually.

So, Jesus is teaching that any branch that is not a part of the root, is a religious faker, never born again..

Also, in Heaven, no Believer who has died.... has the New Body yet, other than Jesus, so How are "men" gathering other people to cast them into outer darkness?

YOU HAVE TO THINK...

Do you also not understand that you can't see the born again Spirit?

Try picking one up and "casting it into outer darkness".

Give that a shot, LEGALIST.....

Listen..
These will be told to "depart, i never knew you".. you were never a part of ME......I was never the ROOT of Jesse, who is the Messiah,
= joined to you.
Behold, you would rather ignore Scripture than admit you are wrong. John 15:2 "Every branch IN ME that does not bear fruit He takes away" clearly shows that even a born again Christian can lose their salvation. 1 John 5:18 shows our responsibility to KEEP OURSELVES.

The real reason why "Jesus never knew them" is because Jesus is looking at the future and that person is not there. You may say you don't believe in OSAS, but you still preach the same heresy as Calvinists. Revelation 21:8. Stop being a coward and liar. Start asking God questions as to HOW a born again Christian can wind up in hell. 2 Peter 1:9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

Reactions: amadeus

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, you would rather ignore Scripture than admit you are wrong. John 15:2 "Every branch IN ME that does not bear fruit He takes away" clearly shows that even a born again Christian can lose their salvation. 1 John 5:18 shows our responsibility to KEEP OURSELVES.

The real reason why "Jesus never knew them" is because Jesus is looking at the future and that person is not there. You may say you don't believe in OSAS, but you still preach the same heresy as Calvinists. Revelation 21:8. Stop being a coward and liar. Start asking God questions as to HOW a born again Christian can wind up in hell. 2 Peter 1:9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
This is about bearing fruit

Not losing salvation.

God does not go back on his promises

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Behold, you would rather ignore Scripture than admit you are wrong. John 15:2 "Every branch IN ME that does not bear fruit He takes away" clearly shows that even a born again Christian can lose their salvation. 1 John 5:18 shows our responsibility to KEEP OURSELVES
Sis, how can you get thrown into the fire when you have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

Do you know that you have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

Therefore how can you lose salvation...as the seed liveth and abideth forever....surly you know the seed is the Holy Spirit?..that he liveth and abideth in our heart/ spirit forever?

Look at this Sis?

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand

The sheep are the Born Again imo.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think there is such a thing as higher walks for believers in Christ..... but there is this....

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is about bearing fruit

Not losing salvation.

God does not go back on his promises
Yes, I know. There are two types of sin. The greater one unto death are about the Laws of God. We are then born again of the Spirit.

The other type of sin is the lesser of the two which as you said is maturing the fruit of the Spirit. Both types of sin requires abiding in Jesus. Those who do not KEEP abiding in Jesus, and walking in the Spirit are now walking on sand, not firm foundation.

Reactions: amadeus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I know. There are two types of sin. The greater one unto death are about the Laws of God. We are then born again of the Spirit.

The other type of sin is the lesser of the two which as you said is maturing the fruit of the Spirit. Both types of sin requires abiding in Jesus. Those who do not KEEP abiding in Jesus, and walking in the Spirit are now walking on sand, not firm foundation.
Sis, how can there be two types of sin, if you have been Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

for all have sinned and fall short

The wage of sin is death.

There are not two types of sin./

Status
Not open for further replies.