Jehovah's Witness Bible -Is it different?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
Like most people in the West I have experienced the evangelizing of Jehovah's Witnesses.I am always polite and have on occasion invited them into my home to discuss their beliefs. As a result of one of these meetings I was given a JW Bible. I have many versions of the Bible (A mini collection). As absolute authority I use the KJV and an NIV study bible on a daily basis. I could read the JW bible I was given from end to end to see if there are any major variations from scripture but I do not have the time. At the back of the JW bible there are appendices that illustrate their doctrinal differences and beliefs which differ with mainstream Christianity.My question is: Is the JW bible substantially different from the KJV or NIV translations and interpretations?If so what are they?Thanks - WH

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
New World Translation is from Satan.Look at John 1:1 NWT - In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.Source: [url="http://www.watchtower.org/bible/joh/chapter_001.htm]http://www.watchtower.org/bible/joh/chapter_001.htm[/url]The correct reading is this...John 1:1 KJV - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.That is already the spirits of the antichrist.I got no respect for Satan who is the author of the confusions. I got no respect for modern bibles. I hate politically correct bibles.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
Thanks SJWow! the NWT is substantially different in translation/meaning to other versions.I cross referenced with KJV, NIV, AV and CEV and, although wordage is different they do seem to convey the same message.I was brought up with the KJV and comfortable with it but I do sometimes find it difficult to fully understand.I do not know how PC, modern versions are. If it makes it easier (but keeping the true meaning) for people to understand the message in a language they understand - I don not have a problem.Obviously, if the true meaning is obfuscated by the desire to simplify the understanding of Gods word then I would question its validity.Thanks SJ:bible:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wise Haven;20655)
Thanks SJWow! the NWT is substantially different in translation/meaning to other versions.I cross referenced with KJV, NIV, AV and CEV and, although wordage is different they do seem to convey the same message.I was brought up with the KJV and comfortable with it but I do sometimes find it difficult to fully understand.I do not know how PC, modern versions are. If it makes it easier (but keeping the true meaning) for people to understand the message in a language they understand - I don not have a problem.Obviously, if the true meaning is obfuscated by the desire to simplify the understanding of Gods word then I would question its validity.Thanks SJ:bible:
You knows what's funny. Every modern bible says that "it is easier to read" or "the KJV is oudated"We are commanded to examine the fruits to know whether it is of God or not. (Matthew 7:16-20)Have you read my topic yet Wise Haven? If not, click the link in my sig. I have lighten the lamp, and I care about every single soul on this planet and told truth. If I have not told the truth to you, then I HATED you, because I didn't love your soul.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
True SuperJagI have seen your thread and gone back several times since you posted.I would like to spend the time to go and study the original Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek to confirm for myself the translations and meanings for myself but I am not able to, so I have to rely on people like yourself to point out the inconsistencies.I think the multitude of versions do have validity because - with good spiritual guidance by teachers - they can progress by truthful inquiry of the scriptures they have read.I think the versions introduce the word of God in their own language but confirmation is solidified by their pastors.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wise Haven;20662)
True SuperJagI have seen your thread and gone back several times since you posted.I would like to spend the time to go and study the original Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek to confirm for myself the translations and meanings for myself but I am not able to, so I have to rely on people like yourself to point out the inconsistencies.I think the multitude of versions do have validity because - with good spiritual guidance by teachers - they can progress by truthful inquiry of the scriptures they have read.I think the versions introduce the word of God in their own language but confirmation is solidified by their pastors.
That's what I do, I take a look on what the Hebrew and Greek words say which I use Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and the KJV to do.
smile.gif
I have no desire to to take a broken sword with me, the sword I carry can not be lift up without the Holy Ghost teaching me truth. As the Body should work together, but not many cares to tell truth.No desire to commit fornication with the *****. (Babylon) I rather stay a virgin and wait for my Husband to come.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.