• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
For God so loved the world that he Gave (Jesus), His only begotten, that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have Everlasting life.

1.) God so loved the world that He gave. Gave what? Gave us all Salvation.
Jesus is the Grace of God, the Bread of God, and the Blood of God, who came as God, to die for the sin of the world.
To be saved (born again) is to receive this redemption by faith. = "the gift of righteousness".
This is HOW = God "so loved the world".

2.) That whosoever believes in Him"""" . "Believes in Him"....>How? = Faith comes by hearing. Hearing What? The GOSPEL....... So, you Believe the Gospel. The Gospel is THE CROSS. You are accepted by God ... "faith is counted as Righteousness", you are "justified by faith".

3.). Should not perish""". This is the eternal effect of being born again. This is OSAS. This is Eternal Security.
This happens because God so loved the world that He gave Himself on a CROSS, and this offer of Salvation, once applied, (born again) becomes eternal life to the believer who is INDWELT (the permanent indwelling of the Spirit of Christ)...

4.) Have everlasting life".... This is the gift of Righteousness, as the Gift of Salvation, which eternally establishes a believer as "IN CHRIST".
To be IN CHRIST= is to be "ONE" with God and Christ.
An Heir of God
A Joint Heir with Christ.
"As Christ IS, so are the born again in this world".
And how? Because Jesus who IS Eternal life. John 14:6 Has literally become a believer's righteousness, because He has not only taken their sin and died for it all, becoming it, but has also become the believer's righteousness of God "In Christ".
The Blood Atonement is the eternally redeeming quality of the Blood of Jesus, that is always in effect regarding the born again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3.). Should not perish""". This is the eternal effect of being born again. This is OSAS. This is Eternal Security.

The word should is an iffy word.

I prefer the absolute assurance provided in a word like shall.

Such as in Mark 16:16, Romans 10:13, Luke 11:13, and Acts of the Apostles Acts 2:38.

So then, eternal security is not found in the word should, while it is found in the word shall.

Therefore I must not merely believe; I must also be baptized; or call upon His name; or ask Him to grant me the indwelling of the Holy Ghost.

Then I will have some absolute promises on my side.

Because a person can merely believe, and have it be a lukewarm, shallow, or nominal faith (such as in Luke 8:13); rather than a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14, Matthew 10:22); which is the faith that is spoken of in John 6:47....it is unto everlasting life....life that will never end. Whereas the Luke 8:13 faith can be unto falling away because of temptation. The life provided for there does indeed have an end.