Judaizers! They Live!!!! They walk among us!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews have a big problem, they haven’t had anything to atone for their sins for two thousand years.

You are right, but also the Jewish-Christians were watching their promised salvation being given to the Pagans, without adherence to the Law.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh.. Jews jealous, Gentiles saved and in fellowship with God...and they are not under the law of moses.

Well! this may be a surprise to you and many others, Today in the land of Israel many people of many nations are making the Pilgrimage up to Israel, to keep the Feast's, and from what I have been told, by men that live there, the Religious Leaders, Rabbis [ Pharisees ] are having quiet the fit about this! they are seeing Gentile's do and keep what was, as far as they are concerned- just for the Jew's.
One other thing- If a Gentile convert's to Judaism, they will be instructed to keep only the Noahide Laws, 7 laws, for the people of Judaism, are the ones that keep the 10, the Sabbath being the most important, See they really do not want Gentiles included!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a new testament verse and no reference to Levites, imagine that?

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Yes, a reference to the Law with no mention of Levites. Does that mean that in keeping the Law you keep the entire Law, or only those parts you've choosen?

The Law requires tithes to Levites, and when the offering is eaten, at the place God said, to include your Levites. Do you do that? I don't think anyone CAN do that. Maybe in Israel. Not around here.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By being committed to your wellbeing just like God is to mine.

By making myself #2 to anyone I meet. By making sure that you have everything that's good for you to have, to know everything that's good for you to know, to be encouraged in all things good.

If there is one sandwich, and we're both hungry, I give it to you, and that's love.

In any offense, I ignore the wrong, not holding anything against you, or anyone, and that's love.

Much love!
So you apply a subjective view based on your feelings?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a reference to the Law with no mention of Levites. Does that mean that in keeping the Law you keep the entire Law, or only those parts you've choosen?

The Law requires tithes to Levites, and when the offering is eaten, at the place God said, to include your Levites. Do you do that? I don't think anyone CAN do that. Maybe in Israel. Not around here.
Law existed before Israel was a nation.
Law exists after Israel's theocracy has ended.
The ten commandments are still in effect.
Why do you suggest the NT. Church. Has to be under Mosaic law?
Paul says we are under law to Christ,not Moses.
This is a diversion to avoid the fact that we are law keepers.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 7:6, the letter is contrasted with the spirit. Since the letter is referring to the letter of the law, I assume that the spirit there is referring to the spirit of the law. We do not obey in the oldness of the letter but in newness of spirit.
What if you were to look at this as, we don't serve according to what is written, but to what is spirit.

Romans 7
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Take the example from marriage. Upon death, marriage ends. It doesn't morph into a "spiritual marriage", rather, it's over. And in it being Over, you become free to be another's.

A completely new arrangement, not based on the previous arrangement.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Law existed before Israel was a nation.
Law exists after Israel's theocracy has ended.
The ten commandments are still in effect.
Why do you suggest the NT. Church. Has to be under Mosaic law?
Paul says we are under law to Christ,not Moses.
This is a diversion to avoid the fact that we are law keepers.
Just to clarify . . .

What law do you keep?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you apply a subjective view based on your feelings?

No, usually it is the Judaizers that are motivated by feelings with no rational connection to the scriptures. It makes them feel holy for them to give lip service to up holding the Mosaic Law, but have no intention of really following the 613 Mosaic Laws. If anything they want to gut the Law and follow the first ten laws and that is sacrilegious to anything written in the scriptures. Paul referred to the Mosaic Law as the ministry of death.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to clarify . . .

What law do you keep?
In the Ot. The ten commandments were obeyed as explained by Moses in Deuteronomy.
Their were ceremonial and judicial laws in effect at that time....animal sacrifice, feast days, etc.
Those were completed by Jesus at the cross.
In the Nt. The ten commandments are now kept as explained by Jesus.
The ceremonial laws have been completed. We are all believer priests now,
Portions of the OT law are directly quoted in the NT. As valid for the church.

Take a piece of paper. Look at Leviticus 19-21...
See how many of those commands are repeated in the epistles

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, usually it is the Judaizers that are motivated by feelings with no rational connection to the scriptures. It makes them feel holy for them to give lip service to up holding the Mosaic Law, but have no intention of really following the 613 Mosaic Laws. If anything they want to gut the Law and follow the first ten laws and that is sacrilegious to anything written in the scriptures. Paul referred to the Mosaic Law as the ministry of death.
You fail to address any portion of what I offered.
You cannot
Calling names is childish and very ignorant.
If you cannot respond...I know you cannot,then you really have nothing to offer do you?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fail to address any portion of what I offered.
You cannot
Calling names is childish and very ignorant.
If you cannot respond...I know you cannot,then you really have nothing to offer do you?

Why would I address that when there is overall truth....No Mosaic Laws in Christianity. You are trying to draw me into useless debate.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well! this may be a surprise to you and many others, Today in the land of Israel many people of many nations are making the Pilgrimage up to Israel, to keep the Feast's, and from what I have been told, by men that live there, the Religious Leaders, Rabbis [ Pharisees ] are having quiet the fit about this! they are seeing Gentile's do and keep what was, as far as they are concerned- just for the Jew's.
One other thing- If a Gentile convert's to Judaism, they will be instructed to keep only the Noahide Laws, 7 laws, for the people of Judaism, are the ones that keep the 10, the Sabbath being the most important, See they really do not want Gentiles included!!
I am not surprised nor ignorant of what is happening with Israel. God spoke to me a year ago and told me to keep my eyes on Israel.....and there is much to see! Prophesy being fulfilled rapidly ....Jerusalem being restored to this nation was huge!
Gentiles are not required to convert to Judaism because the have been converted to Christ.
And as far as what I said about God will provoke them to jealousy by the salvation of the Gentiles...it is written in His Word.
At the time the Apostles were preaching the Gospel of Jesus the Jewish people were provoked to jealousy because the Gentiles were uncircumcised and under Jewish law uncircumcised carried the meaning of unclean.
But Paul corrects them and assures them neither circumcision nor uncircumcision mattered....it was believing on Jesus is what must be the main point.
We also can read through various scriptures and see that there are more than one kind of circumcision....the heart, the mind and the spiritm

Reactions: Grailhunter

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Ot. The ten commandments were obeyed as explained by Moses in Deuteronomy.
Their were ceremonial and judicial laws in effect at that time....animal sacrifice, feast days, etc.
Those were completed by Jesus at the cross.
In the Nt. The ten commandments are now kept as explained by Jesus.
The ceremonial laws have been completed. We are all believer priests now,
Portions of the OT law are directly quoted in the NT. As valid for the church.

Take a piece of paper. Look at Leviticus 19-21...
See how many of those commands are repeated in the epistles
I'm not sure I found an answer in there. Do you keep the Mosaic Law? Do you keep a portion of the Mosiac Law?

Is it that you've matched up OT verses with NT verses and written a list of Law that way?

Hoping for a clear answer.

Much love!