Keeping Jesus' commanads is requirement for salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
Excuse me? I've been a Christian ever since I was a girl of twelve....I'm about to celebrate my 65th birthday.
Now you're telling me I should look into some other religion?

Yes, look to Christianity for answers not Judaism. Also, age means nothing at all.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ewq1938 said:
Yes, look to Christianity for answers not Judaism. Also, age means nothing at all.
You do know that Christianity has it's roots in Judaism, I hope?
Anyway, I have no idea at all what you're trying to tell me.

I notice on your profile that you don't reveal your age, or your gender.
On mine, nothing is hidden.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actiually our roots are in God, we took a seperate path to Christ, we went from be dogs to Children of God, we had teh better deal. Which is why I cant understand why is is scoffed at.

In All His Love

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
Anyway, I have no idea at all what you're trying to tell me.

Sure but there is a huge difference between roots and the fruits of a tree.

I notice on your profile that you don't reveal your age, or your gender.
On mine, nothing is hidden.

Totally irrelevant.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
Actiually our roots are in God, we took a seperate path to Christ, we went from be dogs to Children of God, we had teh better deal. Which is why I cant understand why is is scoffed at.

In All His Love
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ewq1938 said:
Sure but there is a huge difference between roots and the fruits of a tree.
Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with why or how I keep the Sabbath.

ewq1938 said:
Totally irrelevant.
Maybe. But I do like to have some idea of who I'm talking to.
People who hide basic info like that make me wonder if they have something to hide...

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
Which has absolutely nothing at all to do with why or how I keep the Sabbath.

Maybe. But I do like to have some idea of who I'm talking to.
People who hide basic info like that make me wonder if they have something to hide...

lol..because using "The Barrd" is basic info about you?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
And where are the roots from, God, the garden of eden.

Sheep of a different fold.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
mjrhealth said:
Revelation only comes from God....

In all His Love
Indeed, but you don't accept all Jesus' word, just convenient ones.

It is a grave sin to spread false gospel. Half gospel is false gospel because it leads people to astray.

Why do you think Christianity is chaos? It is because of false gospel being spread for over two thousands years.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
FHII said:
Folks, I'm not looking to become a participant in this thread. I have my reasons. I'm just watching how it develops and turns out. I have one question which I'm asking for clarification. I'm certain if I went back through all six pages, I'd find it. Perhaps someone can save me the trouble.

My question is what exactly are the commandments we are supposed to keep that Jesus spoke of when he said, "if you love me, keep my comnandments".

Thanks
Friend, read Jesus' word.

He explains mostly simply and clearly how to obey His commands in the four gospels.

You don't have to ask around people how to follow Jesus' teachings.

There are too many false teachings spread. Make sure your own salvation to be solid.

Jesus teachings are not hard to understand. But it is hard to follow because in order to be His follower, we have to forsake our worldly mentality to His ways. His standards are super high.

You have to keep in mind that Jesus was not sent us to give us permission or license to sin. He was sent to give us power to overcome our sins.

Learn how to be His faithful follower by reading His word directly.

blessings.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ewq1938 said:
lol..because using "The Barrd" is basic info about you?
Actually, yes, it is. I call myself "The Barrd" because I love to write...short stories, poetry, I even have a novel. The little couplet that I use as my signature is not a quote from someone else...it is my own.
The double "r" in Barrd are because of my Mom, who was Welsh, and it is also my pen name. I am "Deborah Anne Barrd" and you can find some of my stuff on Amazon under that name.
And, as I told you, basic info about me, such as my age and date of birth, and my gender, are not hidden. I am a female-type woman, and I am 64 years old, until my birthday in October when I will be 65, if God lets me live that long.
I have given a good bit of info about myself in this thread as well. For instance, I am a widow, I have seven kids, I am a grandmother and a great grandmother also, and I am celibate....and if there is anything else you'd like to know about me, just ask.
I have nothing to hide.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
And where are the roots from, God, the garden of eden.

Sheep of a different fold.
No, Mjrhealth...Jesus was Jewish, as were most of His Apostles. Paul began as Saul, who was a Pharisee.
We are not "sheep of a different fold"...we are "grafted in"...we were strangers, but God has graciously adopted into His family.
Paul warned:
"Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee."
Do you understand? The root...that is Judaism....bears you...not the other way around.
You really do need to read your Bible, Mjrhealth.
You keep talking about love...but you aren't showing a whole lot of it...

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Joyful said:
Friend, read Jesus' word.

He explains mostly simply and clearly how to obey His commands in the four gospels.

You don't have to ask around people how to follow Jesus' teachings.

There are too many false teachings spread. Make sure your own salvation to be solid.

Jesus teachings are not hard to understand. But it is hard to follow because in order to be His follower, we have to forsake our worldly mentality to His ways. His standards are super high.

You have to keep in mind that Jesus was not sent us to give us permission or license to sin. He was sent to give us power to overcome our sins.

Learn how to be His faithful follower by reading His word directly.

blessings.
Joyful, that was absolutely beautiful.
I've never heard it put so perfectly.
Thank you.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I wonder if anyone has cut off their right hand, or perhaps plucked out their eye...these commands were directed to all...

Then again the Ten Commandments are apportioned to the Law so if this is the requirement someone needs to start animal sacrifice again.

Can you say covet?

Yet if it is Christ's righteousness coupled with cooperation in sanctification then I would say I agree...

Looking in Scripture John is the author that focuses on Jesus' commands...

Believe in the Name of Jesus Christ, love one another...
Love the Lord your God, love others as yourself.

Yes faith without works is dead, yet in context James is speaking of love, compassion, mercy...this is the "work".

Shalom

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
Actually, yes, it is. I call myself "The Barrd" because I love to write...short stories, poetry, I even have a novel. The little couplet that I use as my signature is not a quote from someone else...it is my own.
The double "r" in Barrd are because of my Mom, who was Welsh, and it is also my pen name. I am "Deborah Anne Barrd" and you can find some of my stuff on Amazon under that name.
And, as I told you, basic info about me, such as my age and date of birth, and my gender, are not hidden. I am a female-type woman, and I am 64 years old, until my birthday in October when I will be 65, if God lets me live that long.
I have given a good bit of info about myself in this thread as well. For instance, I am a widow, I have seven kids, I am a grandmother and a great grandmother also, and I am celibate....and if there is anything else you'd like to know about me, just ask.
I have nothing to hide.

Be careful how much you share online because some people look for this to help them in identity theft or other types of scams.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ewq1938 said:
Be careful how much you share online because some people look for this to help them in identity theft or other types of scams.
Do you have any idea how many widows named Deborah will turn 65 in October, or even on October 14?
I'm seriously not very worried about it.
Besides, I honestly haven't much of any real value to steal...and that's the truth. And experience has taught me that the $50 WalMart gift card doesn't exist... :(

I have not posted my address, or my telephone number, and certainly not my ssn, or given any bank information.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
justaname said:
Well I wonder if anyone has cut off their right hand, or perhaps plucked out their eye...these commands were directed to all...
Jesus did many hyperbole His teachings to make a point.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
justaname said:
Do you really think you'd have to go to such an extreme to keep from sinning?

justaname said:
Then again the Ten Commandments are apportioned to the Law so if this is the requirement someone needs to start animal sacrifice again.
Your thinking of the Old Covenant, which included the book of the law written by Moses. The New Covenant contains God's law...that is the law that He wrote Himself on tablets of stone to show their permanence.

justaname said:
Can you say covet?
I'm guessing that "covet" is probably the hardest sin to avoid.

justaname said:
Yet if it is Christ's righteousness coupled with cooperation in sanctification then I would say I agree...
That's all that is being said, my friend.

justaname said:
Looking in Scripture John is the author that focuses on Jesus' commands...

Believe in the Name of Jesus Christ, love one another...
Love the Lord your God, love others as yours
Yes, John, the Beloved Disciple, focuses on walking as his Lord walked.
In love, and in obedience.
We are to walk the same way...
justaname said:
Yes faith without works is dead, yet in context James is speaking of love, compassion, mercy...this is the "work".

Shalom
Exactly so.

But I'm wondering...what was your point in all of this?
Do you somehow think that you have proven that the Ten Commandments have gone away?
I do not see it...

Shalom back atcha!