Leaving Room for Faith - why we don't know EVERYTHING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
but there will be suffering from our lack of knowledge.

Hosea

"my people are destroyed for lack of Knowledge, because you have rejected knowledge"...

Reader, What is that? Who is that one, in the NT?

That is to have a head full of Theology and still be stumbling around in the dark, still tripping over broken Faith for 40 yrs.
That is "to have a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof".
That is to be able to speak "fluent Christianese" and " be able to proclaim boldly in a Video that """the original greek text says".... right up until they die and Jesus says to them : "depart from me i never knew you".

Who are the most confused people of all?
Its the people who just went to hell, and they were all water baptized, all went to church, and they are wondering why they are in hell.
They Have no idea., and that is why they are there. They had no idea how to NOT GO.
No idea whatsoever,= as they did what their church said. They tried be like Christ. They tried to keep all the Commandments. They were nice people. Honest people. Loved their Kids. Gave to the poor. And Just like CAIN they thought all that self effort was their golden road to heaven.

"the road to HELL is paved with good intentions, good works, commandment keeping, water baptism, and Moses Law".

There is only one eternal question that is asked by God, in eternity.

Q.) What did you do with my Son.???

Well, God, i was water baptized and confirmed.

""What did you do with my Son"

Well God, "i tried to keep all the commandments and i love the Law"

""What did you do with my Son"""

Well God, "i never missed a Sunday being in Church for 55 yrs, and sang in the Choir for 40 yrs"..

"What did you do with my Son"..

"Well God i studied all the Church Fathers, and i can quote Jerome, Augustine, and i love Mary".
"well God i argued on forums about works and enduring to the end, and losing salvation, and commandment keeping, for 2 or 3 decades".

"What did you do with my Son"

"what did you do with my SON"

"What did you do with my Son".

"well God, im not quite sure what you mean"

"Exactly,.... now depart from me, as i never knew you"

"but i kept the"...

"DEPART". !

"but i was WATER Bap"

"DEPART"!

"commandments, law, works, self effort, lifetime of good deeds, was a good person, honest, taught Sunday school, went to seminary"..

"DEPART from ME i never knew you" !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I had my own for a little while. I was high on meth and deleted them all. I wouldnt mind doing it again. Im still in early stages of recovery not for meth (3weeks this sunday) but off pot (7 days this sunday) im down right now but continue to pray.

Recovery is One day at a time.

Have you posted about all this on the "Prayer" Thread", yet?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning.

Good point. Some things we can be sure of.

Rev 21:26-27 And into the city will be brought the glory and honor of the nations. (27) But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who practices an abomination or a lie, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Rev 22:14-15 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates. (15) But outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
Hello to you,

This something that resides in my heart to stay true to the nature of what God has established with the new administration compared to old where people were placed in hell.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea

"my people are destroyed for lack of Knowledge, because you have rejected knowledge"...
I agree with you. However, many of these "nominal Christians," as I call them, were raised up in their ignorance, following religious rituals and following the 10 Commandments without knowing God very well. I personally knew God, but He did not inform me about what I was missing until Christians around me began to obey God and fulfill their ministries.

So the onus is on the ministers who *do know,* and not on those who are religiously ignorant as I was. God will have mercy on those who are ignorant, and I don't at all believe all ignorant people will go to Hell. But God will hold accountable those who have experienced New Life in Christ, and know they should put on a New Nature, and choose to live for themselves instead. I agree with that much.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Never cared to ask. People pray for others or they do not.

MatthewG,

Its very important to pray for a specific need., and if people dont know what you need, then they can't ask God for THAT in Prayer.

There is power in prayer, and when people who are joined to God, make a request for something specific, then the word says that God will do it.
So, its very important to know what to ask for, in Prayer.

Here is a verse from Matthew, that explains what im saying.

'""""That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."""""

I hope you would post on the Prayer Thread about this that you shared on this Thread, as that gives all the members a chance to see it, and become that verse for you.

I can tell you that God heals., as ive experienced it.
Ive witnessed it also.
Ive seen miracles happen in the day time, in front of me, with my eyes open.
God is The Healer, and there is Power in the Blood of Jesus.
Christ took our sin and our diseases on the Cross.
A healing is simply a manifestation of what Christ has already accomplished on the Cross, as part of our Salvation.
The born again are not just to have good health, but we are to have Divine Health.
Christ died to Save and He Died to Heal.
Jesus The Lord healed everyone who ever asked, when He was here on earth, and He raised quite a few from the dead because He was asked to do it by their family.
How do you know that God is a Healer? Because Jesus said, when you've seen ME, you've seen the Father and all Jesus did down here was Heal, Teach, Love, and finally the greatest love of all, is that He died for our sin.

Here is something i want to share with you.

I have 3 Brothers.
One is deceased since 2017.
The other younger brother, is currently living outside of The Ukraine, as He and His family are Missionaries to The Ukraine for 25+ yrs.
He isnt able to stay in the Ukraine much for the last Year, as the war is not allowing that, so, He and His wife Andrea brings refugees out and back in also.
He's sort of a Transporter, while He waits for the war to settle down, so that He can go back in and rebuild the Ministry that includes 2 Churches He built.

My other older brother, now deceased......is 12 yrs older than me. He was a drug addict, and heavy drinker, until 1986, when He was living at the bottom of life. He decided to get some help, as he was in a mess. He was so hooked on Drugs that he'd go to the ER and fake pain, fake issues, so that He could get high off the pain shots.
He did this for years, when he could not afford to buy the drugs.

He was so Addicted, at about 36 yrs old...and didnt want to live, broken marriage, so depressed.
He found this little country church, one morning, very early. He was up all night the night before with Drink and Drugs, and was riding around early AM the next morning , looking for help. He didnt know where to go to get any.
He saw this little country church, so he parked, and tried the door, and it was open.
The Pastor was in there, and God was waiting.

My Brother and this Pastor had a long chat and He finally told my Brother that he was at the end, and only God could Help Him.
So, they both got on their knees together, on the floor, in the Pastor's office, and prayed together.
When my Brother William got up off His knees, Jesus was living inside Him. He was born again.
He told me later, that when he walked outside and looked at the trees that were surrounding the parking lot......He said. "they looked different". "the sky looked different". "the world looked different" .

MatthewG, have you ever heard the term...>"Radically Saved"?
Well,, God saved my Brother, He was a NEW Creation.
It was a night and day change.
In less than 5 yrs from His Salvation morning... His marriage was restored, and He had His own church....He was the Pastor.
He pastored for years and years.
He went from constantly using Drugs and Alcohol for many years, to the Pulpit, preaching from the word.

God is GOOD, MatthewG ....and He always wants to help us.
He's our Heavenly Father and He is always ready to heal us and deliver us.

Believe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MatthewG,

Its very important to pray for a specific need., and if people dont know what you need, then they can't ask God for THAT in Prayer.

There is power in prayer, and when people who are joined to God, make a request for something specific, then the word says that God will do it.
So, its very important to know what to ask for, in Prayer.

Here is a verse from Matthew, that explains what im saying.

'""""That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."""""

I hope you would post on the Prayer Thread about this that you shared on this Thread, as that gives all the members a chance to see it, and become that verse for you.

I can tell you that God heals., as ive experienced it.
Ive witnessed it also.
Ive seen miracles happen in the day time, in front of me, with my eyes open.
God is The Healer, and there is Power in the Blood of Jesus.
Christ took our sin and our diseases on the Cross.
A healing is simply a manifestation of what Christ has already accomplished on the Cross, as part of our Salvation.
The born again are not just to have good health, but we are to have Divine Health.
Christ died to Save and He Died to Heal.
Jesus The Lord healed everyone who ever asked, when He was here on earth, and He raised quite a few from the dead because He was asked to do it by their family.
How do you know that God is a Healer? Because Jesus said, when you've seen ME, you've seen the Father and all Jesus did down here was Heal, Teach, Love, and finally the greatest love of all, is that He died for our sin.

Here is something i want to share with you.

I have 3 Brothers.
One is deceased since 2017.
The other younger brother, is currently living outside of The Ukraine, as He and His family are Missionaries to The Ukraine for 25+ yrs.
He isnt able to stay in the Ukraine much for the last Year, as the war is not allowing that, so, He and His wife Andrea brings refugees out and back in also.
He's sort of a Transporter, while He waits for the war to settle down, so that He can go back in and rebuild the Ministry that includes 2 Churches He built.

My other older brother, now deceased......is 12 yrs older than me. He was a drug addict, and heavy drinker, until 1986, when He was living at the bottom of life. He decided to get some help, as he was in a mess. He was so hooked on Drugs that he'd go to the ER and fake pain, fake issues, so that He could get high off the pain shots.
He did this for years, when he could not afford to buy the drugs.
sorry for your loss.

I wish some people I knew would stop using but they choose what they wanna do... even if you encourage, all I know is to pray for everyone.

Some are delivered some - choose to stay in addiction and escape their issues.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what Paul told timothy to do,

Pray for All People​

2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man[a] Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

That is why I said - People know me here, @Behold - they will pray for me if they want.

I will pray for them if I want.

I dont have to address the need for prayer... we should do it anyway.

From what I understand even Jesus told his apostles to pray in secret. Of course I am not against praying with others.

Matthew 6:But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

In General - to all individuals:
ITS THE FATHER IN HEAVEN WHO HELPS US

SURE ITS ENCOURAGING TO KNOW PEOPLE PRAY FOR YOU BUT ARE YOU GOING TO GOD YOURSELF?

ARE YOU LOOKING IN THE MIRROR AND QUESTIONING YOURSELF AND WHY YOU DO THINGS YOU DO BEFORE GOD ?

Then should rejoice come with the individual brings forth the good news of what is going on in their life to praise God for his help.

Galatians 6:5 Context​

2Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5For every man shall bear his own burden. 6Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. 7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

The most useful thing on the planet to renew the mind is to read the bible - but some people cant read... they need someone to do it for them.... if they are willingly to sit and listen.

God bless, @Behold. And sorry again for your loss. I have suffered with drug addiction off and on for 16 years. I am use what I have done, and looked at myself in the mirror enough times to know it's God who is needed, and the spirit of Christ to give strenght to hold back my flesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And sometimes, one should consider if they pray for something to be taken away by God, and if it is not taken away,

that shouldn't give a person less hope, they should be accepting of their issue and try to continue to work out their salvation with fear and trembling - to continue to have faith despite the effects of what comes upon us and our bodies that are meant to eventually die.

Cause God is going to help us by the spirit, to continue to have love, and hope, with faith. Seeking and looking to go and be with God for having lived a life for him, despite what may come up against one...

(Consider Jesus/Yeshua). He had a really rough life, and so did all the prophets that came before him, for the most part, - they were killed, even were the Apostles.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you the concern and suggestive prayer, @Lambano.

Been trying to take these types of suggestions better so therefore that is all i cna really say…

Im so uncomfortable with compliments or suggestive language like

“I care about you”
“I want what is best for you”,

They are still abnormal to hear. Must be the deprived lifestyle lived that maked it strange. Only thing that make sense @Lambano.

Reactions: Lambano

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
At one time I was bothered by the fact that we don't really have ALL the answers.
There was always a loose end somewhere.

I chased the apologetics in every direction, but always came up short somewhere.
And frankly, I don't remember the specifics, only the moment of my release from the tyranny I had inflicted myself with.

I finally realized that I needed to leave some room for faith.
To live with some mystery. To admit that I didn't have ALL the answers.
[...]
I agree with your sentiment!

I used to be caught up on falling behind, then I realised I can confess, then I realised I can just confess "enough" and what's more, I can be bolder too.

Your repentance does not need to be complete, if your witness remains bold!

Excellent topic.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think what is insightful actually, is that when we go to be with the Lord: the entire faith, is a mystery.
Veiled in mystery.

A veil between us and the spiritual realm.

A veil between us and the afterlife.

A bride remains veiled until the vows are completed, symbolically unveiling herself to her husband.

A veil covered Moses face to keep from frightening the Israelites with the glow after meeting with God.

The veil that remains over their eyes when the law is read.

A veil separated the most holy place in the Temple.

That veil was torn from top to bottom when Christ was crucified.

The torn veil gives us access to a holy place, to God.

Seated in the heavenly realms with Him.

Yet a veil remains.

Veiled in mystery.

Thus leaving room for faith.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But God will hold accountable those who have experienced New Life in Christ, and know they should put on a New Nature, and choose to live for themselves instead. I agree with that much.
Could a person actually experience "New Life in Christ" without putting on a "New Nature"?
Or are you referring to those who walked away? The reprobate?

The good shepherd leaves the ninety-nine to go after the one.
He doesn't stop until He finds them, and carries them back to the fold.
I think that even in reprobation, it is God's decision, not ours. IMHO

Basically, this is the principle that I see in this.
We cannot undo, by an act of our own will, what only God could do in the first place.

I believe that everyone is already saved due to the finished work of Christ in the atonement.
But we each come into a relationship with God when he initiates it. Jesus said...

John 12:32 NIV
And I, when I am lifted up[a] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I agree with you. However, many of these "nominal Christians," as I call them,

"depart from me i never knew you" is not a verse that is talking about a Born Again Believer.

Its talking to religious people whose idea of Christianity is Legalism.
They are probably a water baptized church member., but are not born again, tho they believe they are saved.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He I have suffered with drug addiction off and on for 16 years. I am use what I have done, and looked at myself in the mirror enough times to know it's God who is needed, and the spirit of Christ to give strenght to hold back my flesh.

Whatever is causing you to use, has to be resolved.
Your suppliers have to be blocked.
And the desire for the drugs has to be removed.

God can do that for you, and would like to do it for you.
Its what He does. See, God is in the repair and restoration business.
We all came to God, as broken.... needing repair and restoration.
We all have to go to the Throne of Grace at times for some updating and restoration.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"depart from me i never knew you" is not a verse that is talking about a Born Again Believer.

“But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.” (Matthew 25:12)

This was to the born again virgins who had no oil in there lamps.

Also described as those born again servants who buried their Lord’s money and didn’t work for him.

Its talking to religious people whose idea of Christianity is Legalism.

So then Anarchism is the way to go?

:IDK: