Let's All Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's face it, we can't all be right.
If we think we are, then that's proof we're not.
So let's discuss how we feel about Jesus Christ.
That will either Bring us together or separate us.
It will show our prejudices and unwillingness to bend for fellowship's sake, or it will teach us to except each other's differences.
It will teach us what doctrines are important for salvation and which ones are only good for argument's sake.
No reason to bring up Calvin or Luther or church fathers here unless it is what caused you to be saved.
Whether you believe in being born again or not is a good subject to discuss here as I believe that would directly affect your relationship with Jesus.
Lots of room for debate and lots of room to show your Christianity to others.

So whether catholic or protestant or mormon or jehovah's witnesses or anything else, how do you feel about Jesus?

May the power of the Holy spirit keep you on track in this discussion.
Amen

I was 34 years old when I got saved
I cried out to Jesus, believing in my heart he was God, and I got saved.
My life changed and I realized it was giving my life to Jesus that would make a difference for me.
Today I pray to him daily for myself and others.
I feel safe in his presence.
I've learned that a true Christian doesn't necessarily live by a set of rules, but by his relationship with Jesus.
I know next to nothing of church fathers, but I know all about Jesus.
I know what the Bible says.
God speaks to me about it when I ask him.
All these different groups no longer mean anything to me anymore.
All that matters is Jesus.
I love Jesus.
I'm bananas about Jesus.
Glory to the Lord Jesus.
And when people put their religious rules first and never talk about their relationship with Jesus, I debate them.
Whether I convey myself well to you or not, this is how I feel and believe.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's face it, we can't all be right. If we think we are, then that's proof we're not.
It will show our prejudices and unwillingness to bend for fellowship's sake, or it will teach us to except each other's differences.
It will teach us what doctrines are important for salvation and which ones are only good for argument's sake

Amen true.

Except for the virgin birth
God's verbal recognition of Jesus being the Son of God.
His sending of the Holy Spirit in His place...
His sinless death on the cross
His resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the throne.

..all the rest 'for me' are not a beach to die on. I have opinions. Some are strong opinions. Never the less,opinions they are.
As for all the bluster about " show me your proof scripture" Phftt
That is nothing more than- "You show me yours and I will show you mine"

People always INSIST that "they" interpret the scripture verse correctly.
And that obviously the other person does not.
It's all silly hot air and bluster to me.
Dog and his tail just circular arguments with no conclusion at the end.

But hey, fun though...and once in a while someone posts a gem which speaks to the heart. Or something that we have not heard before...
...that makes it all worth while..

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God and Savior rely knows the state of mind I was in on that day about a month before, I had my first encounter with Yeshua [Jesus].
I have come to call it a Divine Appointment, I truly had my destiny planed out, then Our LORD sent a soul, with their own problems to the very place I was going to. we knew of each other but didn't know each other. This person put aside their own problems and offered to pray for me, Latter I found out that the Lord asked this person to interceded and pray for me, thank God they obeyed! At that moment my destiny went out the window, now I can not say that I have walked a straight path from then until now, but as my Avatar is, I am still walking, not toward people, But toward the Mountain, Without Jesus [Yeshua] I HAVE NOTHING!! I think that is where I stand with My Savior, Him or nothing at all!

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have always been saved since i was young. i tried finding out why others who were drunks, murderers, prostitutes, and accepted Christ and had radical life changes. i thought why does that not happen to me who is a christian all their life and yet these sinners have an encounter with God and they are on fire for God. it made me envious. as i grew up i started trying to live a sinners lifestyle thinking this may help me understand what was going on before the people who were sinner had their lives changed so suddenly by God. well as you can probably figure out it did not work out for me all i got was greatly convicted but no life changing moment came to me. finally found a guy who told me that being a christian from the beginning was better than those that had a change of heart later on in life. great i thought now i am on to something but i still did not understand why being a christian from birth was better than the radical changes i was still seeing in others who had a heart change later in life. then one day God revealed to me that being born a christian makes it easier to fulfill the conditions of the bible. i don't have to worry about all the bad habits that those with sinner backgrounds who found the Jesus had to deal with. it was like i already had a head start on them. once i found that out i grew by leaps and bounds because i had finally broken what it was that was holding me back.

that is basically my story. i am finding out that practicing the presence of God all the time keeps you in a state where God's presence never leaves you. by practicing the presence of God i never have to worry about things. it is like when you are a kid and you and your parents are going somewhere together you never worried anything would happen but if something did your parents took care of it for you. it does not matter if i am in the supernatural or just at home doing dishes. there is a love and joy that permeates and it feels great :) . hope this helps.

God bless

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will teach us what doctrines are important for salvation and which ones are only good for argument's sake.
No reason to bring up Calvin or Luther or church fathers here unless it is what caused you to be saved.
Whether you believe in being born again or not is a good subject to discuss here as I believe that would directly affect your relationship with Jesus.

So whether catholic or protestant or mormon or jehovah's witnesses or anything else, how do you feel about Jesus?

Amen

My life changed and I realized it was giving my life to Jesus that would make a difference for me.
I've learned that a true Christian doesn't necessarily live by a set of rules, but by his relationship with Jesus.
I love Jesus.
I'm bananas about Jesus.
Glory to the Lord Jesus.
And when people put their religious rules first and never talk about their relationship with Jesus, I debate them.
Amen
I love Jesus.
I'm bananas about Jesus.
Glory to the Lord Jesus.

Wow Rollo...awesome post-I am with you on all of this 100%. Yes, bananas for Jesus. Keith Green used to say that! Again, great post.

Attachments

• banana.gif
    banana.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 0

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have always been saved since i was young. i tried finding out why others who were drunks, murderers, prostitutes, and accepted Christ and had radical life changes. i thought why does that not happen to me who is a christian all their life and yet these sinners have an encounter with God and they are on fire for God. it made me envious. as i grew up i started trying to live a sinners lifestyle thinking this may help me understand what was going on before the people who were sinner had their lives changed so suddenly by God. well as you can probably figure out it did not work out for me all i got was greatly convicted but no life changing moment came to me. finally found a guy who told me that being a christian from the beginning was better than those that had a change of heart later on in life. great i thought now i am on to something but i still did not understand why being a christian from birth was better than the radical changes i was still seeing in others who had a heart change later in life. then one day God revealed to me that being born a christian makes it easier to fulfill the conditions of the bible. i don't have to worry about all the bad habits that those with sinner backgrounds who found the Jesus had to deal with. it was like i already had a head start on them. once i found that out i grew by leaps and bounds because i had finally broken what it was that was holding me back.

that is basically my story. i am finding out that practicing the presence of God all the time keeps you in a state where God's presence never leaves you. by practicing the presence of God i never have to worry about things. it is like when you are a kid and you and your parents are going somewhere together you never worried anything would happen but if something did your parents took care of it for you. it does not matter if i am in the supernatural or just at home doing dishes. there is a love and joy that permeates and it feels great :) . hope this helps.

God bless

I believe that the only thing you missed out on was- Being addicted which allowed you to make a fool of yourself with other fools.
spending valuable time searching for the Stuff you would be Addicted to.
Becoming Paranoid about every one! and then harming them with outbreaks of Anger!
Fits of Rage!
destroying relationships.
Loosing every thing you owned to buy whatever?
And the Most Important of All- After finding Salvation, you realize how much time you wasted not expressing to others About the Wonderful Love Of God, and living with the Regrets from your PAST!!!! GOD FORGIVES but as long as we live we will always remember the rock that we crawled out from under, and then we were able to Stand on THE ROCK, What a Blessing !

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless
And may Jesus bless you/

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a little girl I remember I used to LOVE this children's Bible I had. Mom had to pry me away from it. I loved Jesus and loved reading about Him, but I just didn't understand about sin and salvation until years later. We went to church every once in awhile, mainly holidays, and mom took me to vbs every summer. I have remembered some of those songs and lessons from 7/8 years old. But I was taught salvation was asking Jesus into my heart, so I prayed that prayer and loved Jesus, but had no idea what that meant.

When I was 15 though, my mom, dad, and me moved into this little house across the street from a church. My mom and dad started fighting quite a bit and I really just walked over there to get away.

And it was like I heard about Jesus Christ for the first time in my life and recognized my need for a Savior. That I not only believed Jesus died on the cross for my sins, but that asking Jesus into my heart actually meant admitting that I was a sinner in my heart and that I needed Christ Jesus in my life. I love my heavenly Father and grateful for His a son dying on the cross for me. I am grateful to have a risen Savior that conquered sin and death. I prayed to God when I got home that day and fully received Him in this way.

We are like ants in God's hand, and He could just squash us if He wanted too. But He loves us and calls us His children. I am in awe of His love and power and have seen Him working in my life and in the lives of those around me.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen true.

Except for the virgin birth
God's verbal recognition of Jesus being the Son of God.
His sending of the Holy Spirit in His place...
His sinless death on the cross
His resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the throne.

..all the rest 'for me' are not a beach to die on. I have opinions. Some are strong opinions. Never the less,opinions they are.
As for all the bluster about " show me your proof scripture" Phftt
That is nothing more than- "You show me yours and I will show you mine"

People always INSIST that "they" interpret the scripture verse correctly.
And that obviously the other person does not.
It's all silly hot air and bluster to me.
Dog and his tail just circular arguments with no conclusion at the end.

But hey, fun though...and once in a while someone posts a gem which speaks to the heart. Or something that we have not heard before...
...that makes it all worth while..

Hey, most human siblings have their times of quarreling at one time or another...IMO. So, why not SPIRITUAL siblings, lol....we are not yet as we will be! =perfected in him in eternity! ♥

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a little girl I remember I used to LOVE this children's Bible I had. Mom had to pry me away from it. I loved Jesus and loved reading about Him, but I just didn't understand about sin and salvation until years later. We went to church every once in awhile, mainly holidays, and mom took me to vbs every summer. I have remembered some of those songs and lessons from 7/8 years old. But I was taught salvation was asking Jesus into my heart, so I prayed that prayer and loved Jesus, but had no idea what that meant.

When I was 15 though, my mom, dad, and me moved into this little house across the street from a church. My mom and dad started fighting quite a bit and I really just walked over there to get away.

And it was like I heard about Jesus Christ for the first time in my life and recognized my need for a Savior. That I not only believed Jesus died on the cross for my sins, but that asking Jesus into my heart actually meant admitting that I was a sinner in my heart and that I needed Christ Jesus in my life. I love my heavenly Father and grateful for His a son dying on the cross for me. I am grateful to have a risen Savior that conquered sin and death. I prayed to God when I got home that day and fully received Him in this way.

We are like ants in God's hand, and He could just squash us if He wanted too. But He loves us and calls us His children. I am in awe of His love and power and have seen Him working in my life and in the lives of those around me.

You heard Him at a very young age...he NEVER stops calling His own ♥

Reactions: Mayflower

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, back on topic here...:oops:
How do I feel ABOUT Jesus? Hard to describe! GRATEFUL, Joyful, Truth, safe, GRATEFUL-was that already mentioned?? Gracefulness, GRATEFUL, LOVE, UN-changing, my ROCK....

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love Jesus.
I'm bananas about Jesus.
Glory to the Lord Jesus.

I like this post. You know, as emotionally-oriented as I am, you would think I would have a similar love-centered relationship with my Lord. I recall I did to a large extent when I first came to Christ. That didn't so much as change, more like it morphed into seeing Him as a God of Power who was calling me to great things. He became a General to me; a Commander of the armies of God, both in Heaven and on earth. I began to take orders, and lately those orders have not been so pleasant. Yet through them I have learned obedience in the midst of suffering, as one standing his ground on the battlefield as I must.

Jesus to me is the Ultimate Warrior, the Ultimate Conqueror, my Leader who is empowering me to go forth in His power to accomplish the works of God, accomplish His will in this life, and put the enemy under my feet. We are "more than conquerors" because He is more than a Conqueror, and I am in Him.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this is possibly the best question ever!

Answering for me (an LDS Christian), Jesus Christ is my Savior and King! The source of my joy and celebration. He is the almighty Son of God, who died for my sins and rose from the tomb so that I may live again. Obviously He did so for each of you too, but also for me. He's not just some generic name, but.... I can't find the words here to describe my love.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this is possibly the best question ever!

Answering for me (an LDS Christian), Jesus Christ is my Savior and King! The source of my joy and celebration. He is the almighty Son of God, who died for my sins and rose from the tomb so that I may live again. Obviously He did so for each of you too, but also for me. He's not just some generic name, but.... I can't find the words here to describe my love.

You say He, Jesus, is not just a generic name. So Who is He?

Was, and is, Jesus God? Was He both God and man, the God/Man?

Do Mormons consider themselves 'Christian'?

Stranger

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say He, Jesus, is not just a generic name. So Who is He?

Was, and is, Jesus God? Was He both God and man, the God/Man?

Do Mormons consider themselves 'Christian'?

Stranger

why not, WHY NOT, JUST SHOOT FIERY DARTS.
She tried to express her Heart, and all you can do is try to disrespect what she said???????????????????????????????????.
Now that's the LOVE of JESUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why not, WHY NOT, JUST SHOOT FIERY DARTS.
She tried to express her Heart, and all you can do is try to disrespect what she said???????????????????????????????????.
Now that's the LOVE of JESUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy big fella. I am not as easy to invite as you.

And my concerns are all about Jesus Christ. As yours should be.

Stranger

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy big fella. I am not as easy to invite as you.

And my concerns are all about Jesus Christ. As yours should be.

Stranger

Look, I lived in a LDS community and for the most part they were very KIND peoples, willing to help, willing to be Gracious, and willing to listen, So Grinding your boot in their face is not the way to invite people. You may not be easily invited, but how would our Savior respond??????????????????????? I think with a Loving way. Do not the dogs eat from the crumbs that fall from the Kings table. Some times a simple feeding is better than cramming something down their neck! If the Love Of God is not in you, then God is not in you!