Life’s most important question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hi Life’s most important question, is “Are you saved”.This question, is important, because it will determine where you will spend eternity;Oh, by the way, the source of all this information, is the Holy Bible(God's Word), so it can be trusted!The first thing that you must understand, is that "you are a sinner" : Now before you get mad, let me explain, that I am a sinner also; The Bible says in Romans 3:23 etc., that we are all sinners, in need of forgiveness. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" (Romans 3:23) Until you face this fact, you can't go any further. All that, "being a sinner" means, is that some time in your life, you have sinned! We must be honest with ourselves about this, or we will die and go to Hell.Next, you must understand, that "God knows, that you are a sinner": And as a result, you have already been judged as guilty before Him. The Bible says in Romans 6:23 etc., that sinners, will have to face eternal death, if they don't get their sins forgiven:Secondly, you must be motivated to be saved(God won't save you, unless you really want to be saved). This brings us to our next Scripture:"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23)The "Death" being talked about here, is Eternal death in a lake of fire; This is pretty serious business. Rather than debating, weather or not God is right, for sending unbelievers to hell, you aught to first make sure that you aren't gong there. Hell is real, and after you get saved and start studying the Bible and going to Church, you will quickly learn that God is right, in sending people there.Also notice, that the second line in this verse, gives us a clue, about the true way of salvation, "but the gift of God is eternal life": God has set things up, so that the only way to get our sins forgiven and be saved, is to accept it, as "a gift": That is, we can't work our way to heaven, by doing good things: We must receive Salvation, as a gift!Now, you are ready, for the good news: The one fact about the meaning of life, that makes all the difference: The fact, that makes Christianity different, from every other religion on earth: And that is the fact, that our Savior died in our place, so that we wouldn't have to. The Bible says, in Romans 5:8, that God, demonstrated his love for us, by sending His Son, to die for us: "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8) This verse is from the Bible; and that means that every word of it, is important.This word "commendeth", simply means "Demonstrated"; But the really good part about this verse, is where it says, "while we were yet sinners". This means, that in order to get saved, we can't be helping God to save us; We must be sinners, in need of His Salvation! Until you realize that your are a sinner, and need God's Salvation, you can not be saved.One more important point about salvation, is that our Savior Jesus Christ, not only died for us on the cross, but was buried and spent three days in hell, and then rose from the grave, to prove that He was God: "And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" (1 Corinthians 15:4) This is important, because it reminds us, that our Savior conquered death, and that by Him, we will also gain a victory over death. This is the eternal life, that is promised to every one that gets saved.The last thing that I have to say to you is......if right now, you realize that you are a sinner: and You believe that God knows about it, and has judged you guilty: and You also believe that God loved you enough, to send His only Son to earth, to die on the cross for you, and then to rise again, three days later: Than you are ready to get saved, right now!The Bible says, in Romans 10:13, that real salvation, is as simple as, asking Jesus to save you:"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)If right now, you are convinced in your heart, that you are a sinner, and that you need to get saved, then you are ready for salvation, at this very moment!You don't have to wait until Sunday, you can get saved right now, by asking Jesus to save you. He promised in the Bible(John 6:37), that He will never say no, to anyone!So right now, you can get saved, by simply talking to Jesus in prayer and asking Him to save you:"Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I believe that you died and rose again, to save me; please save me now, and help me to live for you!" Amen-That's it!-If you understood this message, and believed the Bible truth that is contained in it, and asked Jesus to save you, than you are saved, and I will see you in heaven, one of these days! And from now on, you will be praying to your Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ name.P.S. If you have gotten saved, you need to find a Bible believing Church, and join it by water baptism; So you can learn of all the other wonderful truth's, that the Bible has to offer!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(bigape;50152)
. . .So right now, you can get saved, by simply talking to Jesus in prayer and asking Him to save you:"Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I believe that you died and rose again, to save me; please save me now, and help me to live for you!" Amen-That's it!-
The apostles never told unsaved people that!They told and showed people the living Lord Jesus through the signs following and scripture, those that believed were told to repent, be baptised and receive God's Spirit, whereby He saves (Titus 3:5-6)It is known precisely when people receive that, NOT because we say we believe ("the heart of man is deceitful above all things" - Jer. 17:9) - God himself gbares independamt witness with his sign of speaking in tongues - see Acts 2:4, 33; 10:44-46, 11:14-18, 15:8-9, Romans 8:15-16, Gal.4:6, John 3:8.

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hi tallman The reason we tell people, that they have to pray to get saved, is because, how else, would they ask for salvation. And then their's Romans 10:13