Living by understanding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

When you begin to understand the in Christ position, you must see when God deals with you..he does it through the cross. In essence, he does not deal with you on an individual level - he does, but it is based on the cross now. He can deal with you based on you being his child, by the cross. Born out of his loins, so to speak and he will deal with you based on the cross. What did Paul say? Im determined to know nothing - but Christ crucified!

Was he thinking on some kind of super spiritual level..no, he knew God deals with us based on the old man being dead and the new man in us - Christ. He determined to live that knowledge and understanding that it was "no longer I that lives; but Christ that lives in me." Old 'I' crucified in Christ - new 'I' is Christ. The two become one! The old identity is out and new identity is in.

That is the crucified life.. it happened on the cross and it has nothing with you dieing to something..you are already dead, reckon it so! What can you really do to make christianity work - not much but live what you know. If you understand and know life..then that is what you are determined to live. If you do not understand living and life you will have to live according to what you do know. It will be your understanding, that you will be lead. So live what you know..and your father will use everything in this life - to bring us to life. That is the cross - and that is grace!

Reactions: FHII and marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

When you begin to understand the in Christ position, you must see when God deals with you..he does it through the cross. In essence, he does not deal with you on an individual level - he does, but it is based on the cross now. He can deal with you based on you being his child, by the cross. Born out of his loins, so to speak and he will deal with you based on the cross. What did Paul say? Im determined to know nothing - but Christ crucified!

Was he thinking on some kind of super spiritual level..no, he knew God deals with us based on the old man being dead and the new man in us - Christ. He determined to live that knowledge and understanding that it was "no longer I that lives; but Christ that lives in me." Old 'I' crucified in Christ - new 'I' is Christ. The two become one! The old identity is out and new identity is in.

That is the crucified life.. it happened on the cross and it has nothing with you dieing to something..you are already dead, reckon it so! What can you really do to make christianity work - not much but live what you know. If you understand and know life..then that is what you are determined to live. If you do not understand living and life you will have to live according to what you do know. It will be your understanding, that you will be lead. So live what you know..and your father will use everything in this life - to bring us to life. That is the cross - and that is grace!
@soul man One can indeed see how it is the Cross of Christ which ultimately defines everything the believer is and should be.... This is one reason why the Christ-centred passage in Philippians 2 is so searching and beloved.

Reactions: marks and soul man

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

soul man is very wise!!!!!!!

Reactions: marks and soul man

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like it, Soul Man! Things like knowledge and understanding that knowledge are spiritually very important. Grace through faith is important. Love is important, but so is knowledge and understanding.

Add to your faith knowledge, temperance, virtue, godliness, brotherly kindness and charity. 2 Peter 1.

Understand what the will of God is... Eph 5.

By faith we understand that the world were framed by the word of God... Heb 11....

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like it, Soul Man! Things like knowledge and understanding that knowledge are spiritually very important. Grace through faith is important. Love is important, but so is knowledge and understanding.

Add to your faith knowledge, temperance, virtue, godliness, brotherly kindness and charity. 2 Peter 1.

Understand what the will of God is... Eph 5.

By faith we understand that the world were framed by the word of God... Heb 11....

Good scriptures, thanks.

Reactions: FHII

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

All things work for the good of those who love God...

and He knows who those are

:)o_O;)

Pax et Bonum!

Reactions: soul man