Lost my best friend

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marihart

May 19, 2022
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wish I had something happier to start with. During the initial COVID lockdowns, God revealed himself to me, answered many questions I had. I fell in love with Him, looked forward to a long life spent with God only to (I think) grieve the holy spirit less than 2 years later. Nothing in life makes me happy.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Wish I had something happier to start with. During the initial COVID lockdowns, God revealed himself to me, answered many questions I had. I fell in love with Him, looked forward to a long life spent with God only to (I think) grieve the holy spirit less than 2 years later. Nothing in life makes me happy.

You need to just let that go.
That is in your head....whatever it is, that you did, that you are still carrying around like a ball and chain.

Listen to me.....God is not holding that Against you. You are FORGIVEN.
It does not matter what it is....as all SIN has been dealt with by that CROSS..........all your sin.
So, TODAY, is the new day, and you have to end the guilt trip.
God does not cause guilt trips. God does not Condemn.
Its the devil that is the "accuser"... Its God who is the MERCY that Endures forever.

So, let it go... as God does not remember it....>Its forgiven. Thats what Jesus is doing on that Cross for you.

Reactions: dhh712 and Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Marihart It's good to pursue prayer and the Scriptures daily....

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marihart I'm glad you received a testimony of God. There are a few things you can do to invite the Holy Spirit into your life.

1. Be baptized into a church and attend regular meetings in fellowship. Take the bread and wine and be prayed over to receive the Holy Spirit as a companion.
2. Obey the commandments.
3. Do works meet for repentance. (confessing the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to people, help the less fortunate, etc).
4. Spend private time with the Lord (Reading Scriptures and Praying)

These are a few things that bring us the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit and that we are blessed with the fruits of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Vanities of vanities! Said the teacher.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why do you think you grieved the Holy Spirit ?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is just a matter of repentance. If you feel this way. Pray and ask God to forgier you if you have grieved the Holy Spirit is any way. I personally do not think that you have but do it! and do it now. Welcome to CyB btw :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing in life makes me happy.
You have to go back to go forwards.
God is still where you left him. But you will only find him if you move forward.
Remember what it was that drew you to him?
Remember the questions you found answers to?
Something made you fall in love with Love.
And Love is found in Life.
If nothing in Life is making you happy, then you need to look harder.
Ask more questions, seek more answers.
Fall in Love with Love again.
Hugs

Welcome to the family
:D

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can you give us a brief outline of what you think happened? If you feel that you have grieved God's spirit somehow, can you identify when that took place? I ask because you cannot fix what you don't acknowledge.

Have you ever read the account of Manasseh in the Bible? (2 Chronicles 33:1-13) If God could forgive Manasseh, why could he not forgive you?

OTOH, can I ask if you suffer from clinical depression? This would also explain why nothing gives you joy. Perhaps it isn't anything you have done but maybe a result of years of stress with all this has and is transpiring in the world? Its all very depressing and many have suffered from this common malady. Not too many things to be happy about lately....:(

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lost my best friend

We've all been through losses; My parents are dead, and my grandparents, all my aunts and uncles, a nephew, a pal, pet dogs and cats but hey that's life..:)
You're a Christian female so lucky you, you've therefore got your own angelic hunk as a chum..:)

rel-angel-text.png

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're worried you've grieved the Holy Spirit, you haven't. Only those who don't care if they have or not may have. The Lord is merciful. As in the prodigal son story, he waits for you with open arms.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marihart, as DHH says, if the parable of the Prodigal Son is any indicator of the Father's heart (and I believe it is), He's waiting and watching for you to come back. So go on home, Prodigal Daughter.

Last edited:

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Know that God loves you and your friend is in heaven.