Made of Show of Them Openly

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is confronted with where that doctrine will lead him - its more than confronting for some!
Here's an example of my real answer, one of my reasons why I'm not interested in engaging with you, if you must know . . .

Just like above, you post presumptuously, and I've lately had my fill of that. Projection, presumption, I'm not interested.

You don't speak for me, no matter how much you think you. Neither do you know me. You try try to fill in my answers for me, to myself, and to others.

You are completely off base about me, and I'm not desiring to go through the perturbations to try to "set you straight".

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Question
Why wasn't Mary's sin nature passed onto Jesus? Why didn't Jesus inherit our sin nature?

Because Jesus was Created inside Mary's womb by the Holy Spirit.
She birthed what God's Seed, conceived.

God is the Seed.
God is sinless.

"In ADAM" we all became "Adamic"......Not "in EVE" we all became Adamic.

The Nature of Jesus is from God the Holy Spirit.
God is sinless.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks @Johann ....F2F said this...Jesus is representative in every way, tempted as we are, yet without sin. He crucified the flesh daily in mind,

Is there anywhere in scripture that says Jesus crucified the flesh daily in mind?......many thanks.

Myself, I can’t find this scripture anywhere..
No, Jesus did not "crucify his flesh" as if it were corrupted by sin. Blatant heresy! Jesus had control over His flesh not being corrupted. He was the Man fully controlled by the Holy Spirit, not a sinner in need of redemption.

Much love!

Reactions: Ritajanice

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The principalities and powers were the chief priests and pharisees. Jesus spoke about them in the "Parable of the Landowner." Matthew 21:33-41. Apparently the Lord was meditating on Psalm 118:22 because he quotes it in Matthew 21:34. And the Chief priests and Pharisees confess themselves to be the subject of the parable. Matthew 21:45.

Just as the vine-growers killed the son of the Landowner, the chief priests and the Pharisees killed the son of God. They had the Romans put Jesus on a cross and in this way they killed the landowner's son and demonstrated "showed openly" the evil motives of the chief priests and pharisees.

Nonetheless, the Father raised his son Jesus from the dead, "showing openly" that Jesus is indeed the son of the landowner.
I like the way you explain that, it makes a lot of sense!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are all over, hither and thither-what are you trying to prove?

You are saying Jesus had a condemned NATURE!
How on earth do you read Scriptures!
From what you are saying is that Jesus Christ had to go to the Cross to atone for His own condemned nature!-BEFORE He could atone for our sins and nature!

Show me in Scriptures Jesus has "inherited a CONDEMNED NATURE!"
So then you now understand why I'm not pursuing this.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Marks,
Maybe the "spoiling" means to make of no effect? As we now have the Holy Spirit to rebuke in Christs name?
Making a show of them "openly" ? Not so sure unless speaking of the angels still in heaven with The Father? Conundrum :eek:
Maybe, Jesus took us away from the evil rulers and authorities (man or angel), from under their power, leaving them empty-handed, so we are now free, and He did this in front of man and angel alike.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are talking ,Jesus had our sin nature, then I would call you a “ Liar”....Jesus was the Son of God,

There is no sin in God and there is no sin in Jesus.....Jesus took our sin on that cross....

That as far as this discussion goes with you, thank God I have his word, to lead me into his truth...I have never read so much rubbish in all my life,
Amen!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the garden, Jesus was Not asking God to not make him face DEATH but rather to not have every part of the " sin nature" placed upon him to carry to the cross for the ONLY SACRIFICE that would be a propitiation for OUR SIN that would justify & make us righteous before God !
Jesus asked the Father to "take this cup away", but Jesus had also told His disciples that they would in fact share His "cup". I believe the cup Jesus wanted removed was the brutality He knew He was about to endure in His torturous death.

He had come into the world to remove our sins in His death, I don't think He was asking to not have to do that. But He knew what great suffering there would be. That's how I see this.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, what you have typed here is utter nonsense-you say Jesus was prone to sinful propensities/law of sin/death-- "working in His members?"

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The law of the Spirit of life (ho nomos tou pneumatos tēs zōēs). The principle or authority exercised by the Holy Spirit which bestows life and which rests “in Christ Jesus.”
Made me free (ēleutherōsen me). First aorist active indicative of the old verb eleutheroō for which see note on Gal_5:1. Aleph B have se (thee) instead of me. It matters little. We are pardoned, we are free from the old law of sin and death (7:7-24), we are able by the help of the Holy Spirit to live the new life in Christ.

In the likeness of sinful flesh
Lit., of the flesh of sin. The choice of words is especially noteworthy. Paul does not say simply, “He came in flesh” (1Jn_4:2; 1Ti_3:16), for this would not have expressed the bond between Christ's manhood and sin. Not in the flesh of sin, which would have represented Him as partaking of sin. Not in the likeness of flesh, since He was really and entirely human; but, in the likeness of the flesh of sin: really human, conformed in appearance to the flesh whose characteristic is sin, yet sinless. “Christ appeared in a body which was like that of other men in so far as it consisted of flesh, and was unlike in so far as the flesh was not flesh of sin” (Dickson).
For sin (περὶ ἁμαρτίας)
The preposition expresses the whole relation of the mission of Christ to sin. The special relation is stated in condemned. For sin - to atone, to destroy, to save and sanctify its victims.
Condemned
Deposed from its dominion, a thing impossible to the law, which could pronounce judgment and inflict penalty, but not dethrone. Christ's holy character was a condemnation of unholiness. Construe in the flesh with condemned.
Vincent.

If, as you suggest, the "law of sin and death working in His own members" then why the need to "atone for the sins of the whole world?"

Who is Yeshua to you? Man, Son of man, ο υιος του θεου-God? Just answer me this question.

Bereshis (in the Beginning) was the Dvar Hashem [YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIS 1:1], and the Dvar Hashem was agav (along with) Hashem [MISHLE 8:30; 30:4], and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! [Psa 56:11(10); Yn 17:5; Rev. 19:13]

You see that? Messiah is, by nature, God!
He claims Jesus had the corruption of sin in His flesh, and that is imo blasphemy.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4th time now, show me scriptures where Messiah "inherited a condemned nature"
WHEN-
Question
Why wasn't Mary's sin nature passed onto Jesus? Why didn't Jesus inherit our sin nature?
He was the spotless Lamb of God.

These things are so easily dispelled with Scripture.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He claims Jesus had the corruption of sin in His flesh, and that is imo blasphemy.
Do you know, that came into my mind as well,” blasphemy” as soon as I read his post...you and Johann have just confirmed it to me....” blasphemy “ imo as well.

Reactions: Johann and marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

Why?

For the law of the Spirit of lifeihas set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, Romans 8:1-3

Also,

There is John 3:36 that says that God's Wrath is on the unbeliever.
They are condemned to GO, to end up, where The unbelievers end up, after they Die.
They are Condemned to go there, as the result of never being born again, as that is their "Damnation"..

The Born again, are not under this condemnation, as the forgiveness found "in Christ" has rescued us from not only being condemned, but also from the eternal consequences of the condemnation.

"lake of fire"
"2nd Death".

We, the born again, """""""have PASSED from that "death", to Life."""""
We are not only made alive, born again our of our spiritual separation from God. but we are Born again INTO The Kingdom of God, and that is where we exist right now, which shows us we can KNOW that after we die, we wont be going To Hell.
We will go, after we die, to the eternal place we exist already by being "In Christ", and "one with God". "seated in Heavenly Places".
Where THEY are, is where we are right now.
Where THEY are, is were will go after we die, or are Raptured.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Son of Man - fully representing man in every respect - nature and all!
Born of a woman - inheriting a sin prone nature
Born under the Law - It cursed him! and all those who could not fulfill it!
Incorrect-

Luk_1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

And in reply, the malach said to her, The Ruach Hakodesh will come upon you and the gevurah of HaElyon will overshadow you.
Therefore, also, the one being born will be called HaKadosh (The Holy One), Ben HaElohim.

You are in serious error, and you wail to @marks I use "secondary resources!" There's a reason for what I am doing and accountability is Imperative.
End of discussion.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Did Jesus secure eternal redemption for himself or only for those he came to save?

Christ didn't sin, so he didn't need redemption.

The Cross is where the innocent (sinless) blood of God, makes the guilty sinner clean.

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted as we are,Yet without sin
ASV
For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, Yet without sin.
AMP
For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize and understand our weaknesses and temptations, but One who has been tempted [knowing exactly how it feels to be human] in every respect as we are, yet without committing any sin.
AMPC
For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are,yet without committing any sin..

Reactions: Nancy

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ didn't sin, so he didn't need redemption.

The Cross is where the innocent (sinless) blood of God, makes the guilty sinner clean.

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted as we are,Yet without sin
ASV
For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, Yet without sin.
AMP
For we do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize and understand our weaknesses and temptations, but One who has been tempted [knowing exactly how it feels to be human] in every respect as we are, yet without committing any sin.
AMPC
For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are,yet without committing any sin..
Behold, maybe you have come in late - everyone here agrees emphatically that Jesus was without sin which makes your post redundant.

Did Jesus require saving because his nature was condemned to die!

The answer is yes.

In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. Heb 5:7

Lets check this for accuracy!

Is the context right? "In the days of his flesh"
Did he fear death? "with loud cries and tears, to him (Yahweh) who was able to save him from death,"

If I were you, I would be looking for verses that show me Jesus' nature and whether it was the same as yours.

Therefore he (Jesus) had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. Hebrew 2:17

You understand why Paul goes to such lengths to express Jesus being like you in every respect?

Why do you think he does this time and time again?

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Incorrect-

Luk_1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

And in reply, the malach said to her, The Ruach Hakodesh will come upon you and the gevurah of HaElyon will overshadow you.
Therefore, also, the one being born will be called HaKadosh (The Holy One), Ben HaElohim.

You are in serious error, and you wail to @marks I use "secondary resources!" There's a reason for what I am doing and accountability is Imperative.
End of discussion.
Where does it speak of his nature Johann?
We all know Jesus "shall" be called the Son of God but also the Son of Man!
We already established from Romans 1 this took place when he was appointed so!

1st concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh
2nd and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness BY his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Couldn't be clearer Johann?

I'm curious why it is you stay away from all those verses that speak to his nature?

I need more time to think on this.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Much love!
It's crude the way you frame it Marks.
Jesus had a nature which was corrupting, the same as yours - that's the whole point of him being born of a woman born under the Law.
How can we prove Jesus had a nature which was dying naturally while alive, and could corrupt when dead?
Can you think of any verses to prove this?
F2F

Status
Not open for further replies.