Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just like anything I guess Farouk, the more it is used (abused) the higher the tolerance, just like most drugs I'd say.
@Nancy Good point! So anyway as a veteran former smoker do you think that there is any likely comparison between inhaling cigarette smoke and doing it with marijuana? or maybe there's no real comparison; apples and oranges, so to speak?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i was crossing into Egypt from Israel, and had forgotten about a gram of hash i had in a cigarette pack...they didnt even blink lol, guy just dumped it back in the pack!
Different times and different places... When and where are we now?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy Good point! So anyway as a veteran former smoker do you think that there is any likely comparison between inhaling cigarette smoke and doing it with marijuana? or maybe there's no real comparison; apples and oranges, so to speak?

I could never smoke it (if I HAD to use it) …I’d be one who ate it in gummies, or muffins haha!

@Nancy :)

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul So how do you think this thread that you started is going? as you hoped it would, maybe?
I learned a lot about marijuana that I didn't know.
As it went along I was leaning towards acceptance....now I am getting skeptical again...lol.
I don't want to be double-minded.....ugh.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I learned a lot about marijuana that I didn't know.
As it went along I was leaning towards acceptance....now I am getting skeptical again...lol.
I don't want to be double-minded.....ugh.
@Heart2Soul Glad you are satisfied with your thread's scope...So maybe it has a measure of truth on both sides of the argument...as in a lot of questions....

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My oldest already does and from what she has told me she started when she was 13....I had no idea.
PS: @Heart2Soul She's evidently a mature woman now; and so do you - as a veteran ex-smoker - get the impression that inhaling marijuana - at which she is now thoroughly experienced - for her likely provides her with any measure of therapeutic value? (I guess it's a searching question...)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you are asking here Farouk.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember back in the 70s, before paraquat, the lumber you'd get in Mexican weed. When the rest was gone, we'd try to smoke that. That stuff burnt your lungs, man!
The weed that I smoked in the 80's was grown by a mate when I lived with him, it was smooth as and the smell of it was so great. it was purple leaves and all and you did not cough at all. It crept up on you like and lasted well 10 out of 10 from everyone.
I gave up just grew out of it and don't know anyone around me who smokes or see them smoke such but for one old mate who lives 5hr away but he gave it all away for 2 years now.

The Last time I smoked such was about 30yearsago and it was rubbish high directly and then gone and then you would go below being content and pissed off that you had smoked it in the first place, just rubbish and the stuff before that was called Northern Lights that was to powerful that people would pull one cone and that was it lights were out, could hardly not lift their head up, we would run them down to get a response and all you would get back is an expletive back and the head would drop back down.

I once went out on a boat near shore low tide and shared a cone and the tide had come in, so when I went to swim bugger all to the beach boy my arms were weak as that I could of drowned and a mate one time before this had experienced the same jumping off that boat high and I was at the pub across the road and seen him staggering like a derelict back to the Pub and lay on a bench before the road. he claimed he nearly drowned, he made it to the shore and washed up on the beach like with the waves pounding over him, with people looking on ! and then he got all his strength to stagger up to were I seen him.
Another time we had a dingy and went on board that same boat and when leaving mate let the rope out, well I had no hope of pulling that rope in I was that smashed, I seen a curly bit in the cone burn like a log and I was never a big smoker.

Do I have any regret for them smoking days, not at all ! I met some really nice people. my life was a pain before that and I appreciated other people much more freely to accept them for who they were. before that I would of never talked to someone who smoked pot. I thought that such people were drug addicts. they were no more addicts than anyone who drank a beer.

Reactions: Truman

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't want to be double-minded...
There is nothing double-minded about recognizing both the benefits and the drawbacks of natural drugs (or extracts from plants) which are pain-killers. Unfortunately, there are very few who can avoid addition to any kind of drug which produces euphoria and a temporary sense of well-being. Medical marijuana has its uses and therefore should be seen in the same light as morphine and its derivatives. Marijuana should never have been criminalized to begin with, just like cigarettes and alcohol are freely available. However, there should have been corresponding higher medical costs associated with the abuse of these substances.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy My Q wasn't well phrased, but clearly you don't see a connection with smoking regular cigarettes and marijuana: apples and oranges.... There indeed probably isn't a connection.
Well, of course there is a diff brother, one is tobacco with a ton of deadly chemicals and the other is a plant with cannabis... both rolled and smoked, or cannabis ingested. Two different things. Tobacco is not cannabis and tobacco is not cannabis...?

Reactions: farouk and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My son had a very negative experience with it. He never touched it again. I won't ever touch it after hearing some of the bad experiences with it.
@Cachalot So was his context medicinal, maybe? and I guess you never actually took any of it, though before you heard about ppl's experiences maybe you were fleetingly curious about it?

I haven't had any experience of it.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People need to be taught as children how to be healthy...body, soul, and spirit.
A diseased soul can lead one to using substances, relationships, and activities to help cope with painful emotions.
We need to learn to forgive from the heart, so we can receive all God has for us.
Forgiveness is a process.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
People need to be taught as children how to be healthy...body, soul, and spirit.
A diseased soul can lead one to using substances, relationships, and activities to help cope with painful emotions.
We need to learn to forgive from the heart, so we can receive all God has for us.
Forgiveness is a process.
@Truman the Levite In the end forgiveness is a Godward matter, right?

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." (Ephesians 4.32)

Reactions: Truman

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cachalot So was his context medicinal, maybe?
No
and I guess you never actually took any of it,
That is an affirmative.
though before you heard about ppl's experiences maybe you were fleetingly curious about it?
A hard no. I have medical issues where this drug is very incompatible. I passed these medical issues onto my son. That is why his experience was terrible. I will NEVER touch the stuff. I am not curious about harmful drugs or practices. That is not how I am. Things that interest me are things that spark my curiosity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and farouk