Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My oldest already does and from what she has told me she started when she was 13....I had no idea.
I don't judge anyone that uses it medicinally either....and I am happy people are experiencing positive outcomes from it.

@Heart2Soul This has been an interesting and for some even a useful thread, I reckon (and I don't get how someone thought it shouldn't even be discussed...)

Although you're personally rather skeptical, you recently mentioned ppl who experience positive outcomes from medical mj. Do you reckon this at times might have included your daughter in the experiencing of positive outcomes?

(Threads like these can be useful in looking at a subject from various angles.)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’ve smoked it before but it never did much for me. For me it made pain worse…heightened or maybe it was my awareness of the pain it heightened. I didn’t like it but that is only my experience. I get more benefits from a glass of wine.
@VictoryinJesus I guess that even though now mj has been widely legalized in various accessible forms you still prefer wine to it?

(Sometimes also the combination of wine and nicotine can be regarded as rather strong, anyway.)

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Medical marijuana has been around forever, but very hard to get prescribed and strictly regulated by the Federal government.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul There's also the way of baking cookies and putting the resin into them. (But I wouldn't recommend that either, myself.)
It comes in many forms now....liquid, edibles, pills, drops...the gummies are real popular right now.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’ve smoked it before but it never did much for me... I get more benefits from a glass of wine.
@VictoryinJesus So you would still say that you are more accustomed to wine and cigarettes?

I think that @Heart2Soul was thinking particularly about medicinal uses for marijuana, about which I think she is still somewhat skeptical, as you also seem to be.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus So you would still say that you are more accustomed to wine and cigarettes?

I think that @Heart2Soul was thinking particularly about medicinal uses for marijuana, about which I think she is still somewhat skeptical, as you also seem to be.
I smoked a bowl the other day and for about 4 hrs all my joint pains subsided.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It comes in many forms now....liquid, edibles, pills, drops...the gummies are real popular right now.
@Heart2Soul So are you finding the answers to the thread you started helpful?

I think for some ppl who vape it seems to be an opportunity sometimes to put in some MJ instead of nicotine (I'm not sure about this myself, BTW).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul So are you finding the answers to the thread you started helpful?

I think for some ppl who vape it seems to be an opportunity sometimes to put in some MJ instead of nicotine (I'm not sure about this myself, BTW).
Yes I believe the majority of people are accepting of it's medicinal use for certain. Recreational use not as acceptable.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes I believe the majority of people are accepting of it's medicinal use for certain. Recreational use not as acceptable.
@Heart2Soul I think if over the years more money had been spent by the pharmaceuticals on testing MJ, then maybe the cost of meds would now be significantly less.

Do your family benefit from MJ? I think this was part of the background reason you started the thread originally, unless I'm mistaken.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul I think if over the years more money had been spent by the pharmaceuticals on testing MJ, then maybe the cost of meds would now be significantly less.

Do your family benefit from MJ? I think this was part of the background reason you started the thread originally, unless I'm mistaken.
They say it helps them tremendously...as I stated before one member had uncontrollable high blood pressure and now she is off BP meds and her BP stays normal.

Reactions: farouk