Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’ve smoked it before but it never did much for me. For me it made pain worse…heightened or maybe it was my awareness of the pain it heightened. I didn’t like it but that is only my experience. I get more benefits from a glass of wine.
@VictoryinJesus So in your experience smoking marijuana never did much for you.

Re. a glass of wine, I think some ppl find a glass of wine in combination with a regular cigarette is an option they prefer; I expect you have your own experience and conclusions there.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus So in your experience smoking marijuana never did much for you.

Re. a glass of wine, I think some ppl find a glass of wine in combination with a regular cigarette is an option they prefer; I expect you have your own experience and conclusions there.

i have a lot of anxiety, even when I was a child. It has always been an wrestling act between antidepressants/Xanax/cigarettes/wine. the help I found always to be temporary, but yea they all have gotten me through some panic attacks. Even cigarettes, they satisfy for a few minutes but then the craving comes back. I was off all medicine for over a year and it was great. But I did still smoke. It was great to not be dependent on this or that. But it was short lived and I’m pretty much there again….adding another pill today plus smoking. Would I recommend it to anyone else…no. But life is tough.

I’ve heard medical marijuana helps with pain. I may have shared already that it didn’t help with pain for me, but instead heightened it along with adding to my anxious feelings. Not a good combination.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i have a lot of anxiety, even when I was a child. It has always been an wrestling act between antidepressants/Xanax/cigarettes/wine. the help I found always to be temporary, but yea they all have gotten me through some panic attacks. Even cigarettes, they satisfy for a few minutes but then the craving comes back. I was off all medicine for over a year and it was great. But I did still smoke. It was great to not be dependent on this or that. But it was short lived and I’m pretty much there again….adding another pill today plus smoking. Would I recommend it to anyone else…no. But life is tough.
@VictoryinJesus Do you think that for example instead of the med. a cigarette in combination with a glass of wine might work better? (like that, yu'd be off the meds.)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Do you think that for example instead of the med. a cigarette in combination with a glass of wine might work better? (like that, yu'd be off the meds.)

I wish. Right now its the heart racing and stuttering at every little whim. I need something stronger than a glass of wine. Maybe the whole bottle. But I don’t want to go there either.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk, it kind of goes against scriptures yea “be you anxious for nothing.”
@VictoryinJesus Oh this is important to keep looking to the Lord, prayerfully, day by day (Hebrews 12.2).

I guess the whole area of social smoking is part of the bigger picture.

To a large extent it's cultural. Apparently before the American Civil War in some areas it was rather widespread for women to smoke after church services. (In fact, it apparently could even be considered a bit rude if one talked with women after a church service and didn't smoke with them.)

So I always say, If you can quit, do so, but don't beat yourself up.

Reactions: dev553344

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Oh this is important to keep looking to the Lord, prayerfully, day by day (Hebrews 12.2).

I guess the whole area of social smoking is part of the bigger picture.

To a large extent it's cultural. Apparently before the American Civil War in some areas it was rather widespread for women to smoke after church services. (In fact, it apparently could even be considered a bit rude if one talked with women after a church service and didn't smoke with them.)

So I always say, If you can quit, do so, but don't beat yourself up.

Actually hemp was one the largest crops in Colonial America and the American Revolutionary War and it was probably popular during the Civil War. And sure they smoked it....but everything was made out of it, clothes, sails, blankets, rope....etc. And sure it probably hurt if they fell off their horse....but there is a big difference between that and having a head on with a family because they are stoned.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure how I feel about medical marijuana but I have 3 family members (age 24-78) all of which suffered some kind of chronic disease....one of them was taking 5 blood pressure medications and they still couldn't get her blood pressure under control.
She has been taking medical marijuana in a liquid form and her blood pressure has been normal for.the past 8 months......
The other 2 members suffered chronic fibromyalgia and neuropathy......and had to stay on strong pain medication in order to just get around the house.
Now both are off the pain meds and strictly take medical marijuana in gummie form.

I asked God how can something like marijuana cure or treat so many ailments....yet cause so many problems?

Now I am not advocating for anyone to start using it...I am just so naive about it and would like some input.
H2S. Must be a reason our brains have cannabis receptors.
It is not in and of itself either addicting nor a bad thing in and of itself. Now, if you mix it with alcohol...you will be whacked so...I say ban alcohol!!! Well, cept wine :Broadly:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol @Nancy
I agree.
I'm of this mind, I'll let the Lord tell me through the Holy Spirit what he wants me to quit or not quit doing, in ALL things in my life.I SELDOM SMOKE, but my daughter uses it for anxiety.

Doubt it will happen in Alabama, middle of bible belt, same as the lottery [ two horrible devils here ].

It took me a really long time to stop passing judgment myself. Then I had to learn to reject it from others. I serve the Lord who GAVE himself for MY sins, I don't owe anyone anything except love !

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alcohol is bad mmmmkay? It’s addicting, deadly, toxic. Plus it makes a good amount of people turn into piles of wife beating crap. Drunk driving. And it’s legal. Don’t get me started on cigarettes.

Cannabis is about the opposite of all that. Straight up medicine. The government sure has done a good job of demonizing it. People still think it is bad which I think is laughable. It has pretty much saved me from a life of addiction.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2S. Must be a reason our brains have cannabis receptors.
It is not in and of itself either addicting nor a bad thing in and of itself. Now, if you mix it with alcohol...you will be whacked so...I say ban alcohol!!! Well, cept wine :Broadly:
Yeah that's what I heard that alcohol makes it too intense. We have cannabis receptors? I never learned that in nursing school.:eek:

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alcohol has it's place in the bible. People would say otherwise and do. But it is in the bible. Maybe if the bible was made in south america that might include cannibus. But it doesn't.

Cannibus is bad for people with mental illness so I steer clear of it. It makes me incredibly paranoid and hurts my mental state.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried marijuana for sleep but it didn't work out too well so I stopped.

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that wasn't the case. What does your comment about laughing mean?
Duno?
Pot is known to cause massive laughing fits.

Alcohol is bad mmmmkay? It’s addicting, deadly, toxic. Plus it makes a good amount of people turn into piles of wife beating crap. Drunk driving. And it’s legal. Don’t get me started on cigarettes.

Cannabis is about the opposite of all that. Straight up medicine. The government sure has done a good job of demonizing it. People still think it is bad which I think is laughable. It has pretty much saved me from a life of addiction.
Hilarious-out-of-weed-meme-image.jpg

Last edited: