Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I believe that cannabis should be more available for those who need it with medical conditions. ...
I have mixed views on cannabis, I am not convinced it doesn’t affect the mental well being of some people , yet others it does honestly help.
from back...
Hi @Rita Did you see this thread recently? @Nancy and @Heart2Soul have their own take on it; do you see your own thoughts being clarified at all?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pretty much became sold to the idea when @Nancy educated me about our brain having cannabis receptors in it....God wouldn't put receptors in us if there wasn't something to be received...:Hanging:...so I suppose the ingesting of marijuana in whatever form is the transmission from our metabolism releasing cannabis into our bloodstream and the brain receives all it can. Do-do-doo wap Diddy Diddy dum Diddy do...oh yeah.:pursuit:

Food is able to modulate the CB1/CB2 receptor activation ratio as well.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cannabinoids can be found in other plants also, such as rhododendron, licorice and liverwort, and echinacea probably wouldn't be pleasant to smoke lol jk.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pretty much became sold to the idea when @Nancy educated me about our brain having cannabis receptors in it....God wouldn't put receptors in us if there wasn't something to be received...:Hanging:...so I suppose the ingesting of marijuana in whatever form is the transmission from our metabolism releasing cannabis into our bloodstream and the brain receives all it can. Do-do-doo wap Diddy Diddy dum Diddy do...oh yeah.:pursuit:
"Do-do-doo wap Diddy Diddy dum Diddy do...oh yeah."
:Laughingoutloud:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms." (James 5.13)

I guess this verse also shows that for a wholesome state of mind prayer and praise are for the believer strongly desirable pursuits. This does not also exclude the use of recognized means to alleviate health issues.

@Nancy; @Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms." (James 5.13)

I guess this verse also shows that for a wholesome state of mind prayer and praise are for the believer strongly desirable pursuits. This does not also exclude the use of recognized means to alleviate health issues.

@Nancy; @Heart2Soul
Amen...of course prayer and praise are always my first action I take.

Reactions: farouk

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Well, I think you likely know more about marijuana/CBD than I do; your thread has certainly proved to be informative, hasn't it...?
Yes it had and I researched what others have said and found it to be true...so there are benefits to it for sure

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes it had and I researched what others have said and found it to be true...so there are benefits to it for sure
@Heart2Soul A while ago I think you said you gave up cigarettes and so as regards the benefits which you perceive of marijuana it's now likely that you would rather now not start smoking again in order to receive the marijuana: I can see you would rather now - if done at all, though now it seems more likely - be someone who ingests it (via liquid, etc.) rather than be a marijuana smoking lady. (I can also see how some Christian men and women who do a moderate amount of social smoking might be perfectly comfortable with receiving its benefits via smoking it, right?)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul A while ago I think you said you gave up cigarettes and so as regards the benefits which you perceive of marijuana it's now likely that you would rather now not start smoking again in order to receive the marijuana: I can see you would rather now - if done at all, though now it seems more likely - be someone who ingests it (via liquid, etc.) rather than be a marijuana smoking lady. (I can also see how some Christian men and women who do a moderate amount of social smoking might be perfectly comfortable with receiving its benefits via smoking it, right?)
Correct

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't use medical marijuana- because I don't require it, but I don't condemn anyone who uses it responsibly, just like everything else in this world.

It can slow down MS, take away pain, gets cancer patients to eat, helps with the things you said, etc.
@LadyofFireandLace So I think you would agree with some of the recent posts on this thread.......

the first time I ever smoked Mary's iguana

I really liked that phrase, Mary's iguana! :)