Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Olivia Newton John passed away recently. She had battled breast cancer on and off for 30 years.

Three years ago it returned and then metastasized all throughout her body. After initially presenting in her back.

Her dear friend Jane Seymour said she had been in excruciating pain but never felt sorry for herself.

Part of her pain management regime at home was the medical marijuana her husband cultivated for her.

I've known people who suffer cancer. If marijuana helps them, thank God.
Amen!

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Olivia Newton John passed away recently. She had battled breast cancer on and off for 30 years.

Three years ago it returned and then metastasized all throughout her body. After initially presenting in her back.

Her dear friend Jane Seymour said she had been in excruciating pain but never felt sorry for herself.

Part of her pain management regime at home was the medical marijuana her husband cultivated for her.

I've known people who suffer cancer. If marijuana helps them, thank God.
Yep ! Even years ago and Someone is dying and lets say one offers marijuana to help them out somewhat ? Then you get some clown claim, Oh no ! Marijuana running about in circles crying out heaven forbid. That person could become a addict :rolleyes:

Marijuana never killed anyone nor did it make anyone truly addicted in fact and smoking fags are easy 100 times more addictive by far, In Australia one fag cost over $1.00 now in Australia and some are about $1.50 each now.

My mum smokes easy 12 fags a day taking it easy, it was 20 to 30 a day. but as to smoking Marijuana she would have a fit and claim one joint makes one a full on drug addict, so such as they and their are many, would be happy as to destroy a persons life in a heartbeat to get one busted ! So your job prospects would be very limited for life. and not to mention you would get back, I saved your life !

I was in a Cab once and the driver was ranting about Marijuana being the number one bad drug of all by far, it does baby deformity's etc etc you name it ! but the fact is that the idiots who are bad drug addicts all say that they smoke Dope, why ? well because it looks better to say that than all the other rubbish they take, not to mention some take Trips LSD etc when having a child, and I think such as that even a one off could damage the baby for sure.

A mate he smoked only Dope but I never seen his wife do dope ever, but his wife did a Trip at a party, why I do not know ! I said why the hell would she do that for. I think it was just her Maori relations who were into that nonsense, she never smoked anything or drank. I think it's the nightclub culture at the time 1990's her generation were into strobe lights nonsense and all that. but I know twice of she took that stuff and 2ed time I remember her hubby smashed a Maori guitar over another mates head.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure how I feel about medical marijuana but I have 3 family members (age 24-78) all of which suffered some kind of chronic disease....one of them was taking 5 blood pressure medications and they still couldn't get her blood pressure under control.
She has been taking medical marijuana in a liquid form and her blood pressure has been normal for.the past 8 months......
The other 2 members suffered chronic fibromyalgia and neuropathy......and had to stay on strong pain medication in order to just get around the house.
Now both are off the pain meds and strictly take medical marijuana in gummie form.

I asked God how can something like marijuana cure or treat so many ailments....yet cause so many problems?

Now I am not advocating for anyone to start using it...I am just so naive about it and would like some input.
A little alcohol for belly issues isn't looked down upon in scripture

Reactions: Heart2Soul

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CBD oil has quite afew medical properties. It helps a sluggish thyroid I've been off of synthetic thyroid hormones for years. That stuff is bad news supplementing your body with thyroid hormones will cause the thyroid to stop producing the hormones over time.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
CBD oil has quite afew medical properties. It helps a sluggish thyroid I've been off of synthetic thyroid hormones for years. That stuff is bad news supplementing your body with thyroid hormones will cause the thyroid to stop producing the hormones over time.
@BeyondET So do you smoke/vape CBD or ingest it some other way, usually?

Reactions: BeyondET

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding "medical marijuana" does it have to be smoked or injected or taken in a pill or what?
As a nonsmoker I'd rather die than smoke the stuff..:)

Reactions: BeyondET

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive read kids with severe epilepsy using the liquid form cuts down on the episodes by around 90% that's quite alot.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little alcohol for belly issues isn't looked down upon in scripture
I pretty much became sold to the idea when @Nancy educated me about our brain having cannabis receptors in it....God wouldn't put receptors in us if there wasn't something to be received...:Hanging:...so I suppose the ingesting of marijuana in whatever form is the transmission from our metabolism releasing cannabis into our bloodstream and the brain receives all it can. Do-do-doo wap Diddy Diddy dum Diddy do...oh yeah.:pursuit:

Reactions: Nancy and BeyondET

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Reggie Belafonte Good she managed to cut down; and maybe good if she manages to cut down more. (But I don't buy the idea that it's somehow not ladylike.)

cc @VictoryinJesus
In her era as from 16yo and married smoking made one someone, from TV shows I would suppose peddled such grandeur, to kick off young ones to smoke. I remember her having them long plastic black pipes with white end that you put the fag into the end, to make one look cool. it was all about the trend ! that was promoted. Making one like a glorified ashtray or at least smell that way.
I never dated anyone who smoked, to me such lacked class.