Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I were you I would make sure I don’t have a beam in my eye.
Would that be Jim Beam or a lazer beam. Both can make it hard to see. Whereas marijuana expands your mind. I think it logical, therefore, that an expanded mind would make for a more capable driver. But then there's Cheech and Chong. I think we'd better drive sober. "It's a toothpick, man!"
hqdefault.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If I were you I would make sure I don’t have a beam in my eye.
Hi @Mantis Before the American Civil War it was widespread for women to smoke after church on Sundays.

Then came the so-called Progressive Era, with all sorts of causes, including being against smoking - especially for women - and even trying to stop black people from having children (yes, really...). Then during WW1 it became widespread for women to send lots of packs of cigarettes to the troops in Europe on the Western Front, and by the 1920s the taboo on women smoking had been lifted (except among Fundamentalists). I see something similar going on with the taboo on marijuana, as it gyrates back and forth.

I don't want to smoke, either cigarettes or marijuana. But it's interesting and maybe even instructive to look at subjects historically.

@Truman the Levite ; @Heart2Soul ; @Addy

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not rocket science.
Next time you need brain surgery, make sure you get a doctor that is stoned. Maybe he will finish the job and you will not need to buy drugs.

You have some kind of bias towards people who use marijuana so never mind. Moving on...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I knew a deer hunter out west that would take M.D.A. before heading out. It gave him energy and helped him focus. He never mentioned what the hallucinations did for him, though.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I knew a deer hunter out west that would take M.D.A. before heading out. It gave him energy and helped him focus. He never mentioned what the hallucinations did for him, though.
@Truman the Levite Sometimes Hollywood actors actresses put on superb performances on the screen; sometimes once off the screen they seem to find it hard to "switch off", as if they are on something rather strong....

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is not rocket science.
Next time you need brain surgery, make sure you get a doctor that is stoned. Maybe he will finish the job and you will not need to buy drugs.
15% of surgeons have alcohol or other drug dependency issues.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once, while having my nose rebroken and reset (I stood up for a girl's honor, he threw the sucker, by the time I was finished with him, he was sucking up), I recall waking up, just for a frantic second. Lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess being a 62 year-old Spirit-filled follower of Jesus, perhaps I shouldn't talk like that. Sorry. But I don't feel 62. I am, however, on the road...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Mantis Before the American Civil War it was widespread for women to smoke after church on Sundays.

Then came the so-called Progressive Era, with all sorts of causes, including being against smoking - especially for women - and even trying to stop black people from having children (yes, really...). Then during WW1 it became widespread for women to send lots of packs of cigarettes to the troops in Europe on the Western Front, and by the 1920s the taboo on women smoking had been lifted (except among Fundamentalists). I see something similar going on with the taboo on marijuana, as it gyrates back and forth.

I don't want to smoke, either cigarettes or marijuana. But it's interesting and maybe even instructive to look at subjects historically.

@Truman the Levite ; @Heart2Soul ; @Addy
It comes in pill form as well....this is what they give children and adults in the hospital.

Reactions: Truman

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have some kind of bias towards people who use marijuana so never mind. Moving on...
Bias! Bias! You so funny. May I remind you where you're at! Christianity is not the religion for stoners. Have you tried the Hare Krishnas? Maybe they would be more receptive.

People that are really sick do not want marijuana. They want real medicine. Ask a person that has Lugaric's disease if they have prescribed marijuana for him?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bias! Bias! You so funny. May I remind you where you're at! Christianity is not the religion for stoners. Have you tried the Hare Krishnas? Maybe they would be more receptive.

People that are really sick do not want marijuana. They want real medicine. Ask a person that has Lugaric's disease if they have prescribed marijuana for him?

Again, moving on. You can fight with yourself. All I am going to say is if you could walk a 100 yards in my shoes you would change your tune pretty quick. I have a hard time just getting through the day without crying from pain. I have spent over $25,000.00 dollars on medical tests. I live with crippling pain. Day after day after day after freaking day. I can take all of the opiate pills that I want from the doctor but I have seen what that does to people. So whatever. Good day.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, moving on. You can fight with yourself. All I am going to say is if you could walk a 100 yards in my shoes you would change your tune pretty quick. I have a hard time just getting through the day without crying from pain. I have spent over $25,000.00 dollars on medical tests. I live with crippling pain. Day after day after day after freaking day. I can take all of the opiate pills that I want from the doctor but I have seen what that does to people. So whatever. Good day.

And it just so happens that the only solution is marijuana. Sure I am going to be skeptical. The pot user's guide to medicine.
There are a lot of medications for debilitating diseases or conditions that when taken you should not drive. And this is actually the point of our disagreement. You are arguing that your pain justifies putting others at risk. If you want to justify staying at home and getting stoned, that is only between you and God. Only you know really why you do it, and on Judgment Day Christ might agree with you. But don't think you can con Christ, He is nobody's fool. So with that said, it is wrong for others to judge you. But when you get behind a wheel and put my loved ones at risk, it is between you and me.