Medical marijuana...it's becoming accepted by old and young?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow , just before I read your post I was thinking of @bbyrd009 …our Mark. He would have lots of helpful things to say in this thread. Right. ?

One of the greatest losses on this site was the complete banning of bbyrd009 … I miss him greatly … maybe a suspension , but a ‘complete banning’… that was so badly done. :(

I totally agree Helen. Things have changed immensely since or friends left here :( I've had to get used to seeing less of you too! Do you ever see Mark on other boards?
And oh yes! He would have had a LOT of input here, lol. Really do miss him, and others too.
xo

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ddf66xh-855ec396-a8bf-4a3c-ba25-3c4349e23a06.jpg

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, if a drug is used to avoid dealing with painful emotions, then, in my opinion, the main problem here is not being healed emotionally.
Substance use repercussions are another issue. And since drugs usually have negative side-effects, pleasure-seeking can be counter-productive and may be a waste of time.
There are no simple answers to this often complex problem.
In some cases those emotions just need to be held back while we work through what's driving them.

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree Helen. Things have changed immensely since or friends left here :( I've had to get used to seeing less of you too! Do you ever see Mark on other boards?
And oh yes! He would have had a LOT of input here, lol. Really do miss him, and others too.
xo
Well you can let him know he is unbanned. :)

Reactions: Truman and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Heart2Soul On the one hand I do wonder if some of the aggressive men in pick-up trucks on the freeway have been getting highs on marijuana...

On the other, with the fabulous profits that pharmaceutical companies get, they have seemed quite content for some Christians to "moralize" against cannabis while they rake in their profits on more conventional meds...

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marijuana is all part of the great deception. The push to legalize pot was funded mostly by George S0r0s going back to the 1970's. Why do people use it? To get high. Not all, but most. It contributes to laziness, and ambivalence. It's a gateway drug and always has been.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marijuana is all part of the great deception. The push to legalize pot was funded mostly by George S0r0s going back to the 1970's. Why do people use it? To get high. Not all, but most. It contributes to laziness, and ambivalence. It's a gateway drug and always has been.
I think recreational drugs are used to get high...medical marijuana is different....i think...don't know for sure

Reactions: Ziggy and Truman

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is a place for it with medical use. Yes you use it to get high. When the chemo has destroyed your body and you have no hunger you’re pretty low. Or when your chronic pain that never leaves gnaws at you day after day, your pretty low. It has a place in this fallen world.

Now recreational smoking is another issue. I think you have to look at it as medicine or it can be sin.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes you have to love this....CBD GUMMIES....!!!
Calling it medicinal marijuana does not change anything.
Whether it is illegal marijuana or medical marijuana or legal marijuana the person that is killed because you were driving stoned is not going to tell the difference.
Most medical marijuana cards are to stoners.
Look at the lines, you can tell they are stoners and nobody that is that ill could stand in a line that long.
We are not prepared to handle all the stoned potters on the highway...you send your family out with those that are completely stoned out of their mind.
It makes physical changes in the brain that are permanent. For those that have babies and children in the home, the pot smoke can alter their future. This goes for CBD too....it makes permanent changes to the brain.

And then there is the propaganda machine....if you ask a doctor if they would prescribe marijuana or CBD, they will usually look at you like they have dog poop in their mouth...they answer with a resounding no! Then if you ask who does? They will say, quacks. The stoners know the names of the doctors that will prescribe to them. But on the internet, marijuana and CBD are golden! We have the right to smoke pot! Marijuana and CBD are the medical wonders of the century! Everyone should be stoned! I mean take pot for medicable purposes!

On the other side of the coin for those that are so horribly debilitated that they are home bound or bed ridden...who cares what they take. I don't care if it sends them to the land of OZ or Xanadu! But who is that horrible? Lets see all the hands for medical marijuana for those that are in horrible pain or disabled! Next question, how many of you drive while under the influence? And a lot of the medical marijuana, tax payers are paying for.

It is like the drunk in the bar at midnight that proclaims that he drives better drunk!

Medical marijuana users should agree to surrender their drivers license. What? A stoner is going to decide if he is good enough to drive.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether it is illegal marijuana or medical marijuana or legal marijuana the person that is killed because you were driving stoned is not going to tell the difference.
Look at the lines, you can tell they are stoners and nobody that is that ill could stand in a line that long.
We are not prepared to handle all the stoned potters on the highway...you send your family out with those that are completely stoned out of their mind.
It makes physical changes in the brain that are permanent. For those that have babies and children in the home, the pot smoke can alter their future. This goes for CBD too....it makes permanent changes to the brain.

And then there is the propaganda machine....if you ask a doctor if they would prescribe marijuana or CBD, they will usually look at you like they have dog poop in their mouth...they answer with a resounding no! Then if you ask who does? They will say, quacks. The stoners know the names of the doctors that will prescribe to them. But on the internet, marijuana and CBD are golden! We have the right to smoke pot! Marijuana and CBD are the medical wonders of the century! Everyone should be stoned! I mean take pot for medicable purposes!

On the other side of the coin for those that are so horrible debilitated that they are home bound or bed ridden...who cares what they take. I don't care if it sends them to the land of OZ or Xanadu! But who is that horrible? Lets see all the hands for medical marijuana for those that are in horrible pain or disabled! Next question, how many of you drive while under the influence? And a lot of the medical marijuana, tax payers are paying for.

It is like the drunk in the bar at midnight that proclaims that he drives better drunk!

Medical marijuana users should agree to surrender their drivers license. What? A stoner is going to decide if he is good enough to drive.
I'm just curious, do you have the same view about using painkillers, or anti-depressants?

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On the other side of the coin for those that are so horrible debilitated that they are home bound or bed ridden...who cares what they take. I don't care if it sends them to the land of OZ or Xanadu! But who is that horrible? Lets see all the hands for medical marijuana for those that are in horrible pain or disabled! Next question, how many of you drive while under the influence? And a lot of the medical marijuana, tax payers are paying for.

Give me a break. Turn in your driver’s license? Have you ever heard of responsibility? Or is every user of cannabis an irresponsible criminal? Talk about judging.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Give me a break. Turn in your driver’s license? Have you ever heard of responsibility? Or is every user of cannabis an irresponsible criminal? Talk about judging.
Turn in you driver's license? What would that accomplish! We need a final solution! Line em up against the wall and fill them full of holes! I'll drink to that!

Reactions: Mantis

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No talking about common sense. You think you have the right to kill people because you want to smoke? That everyone should except the risk because you want to smoke? There is no excuse for drugies that want to push themselves on other people.

So disabled you have to take marijuana! So much pain you have to take Marijuana! Then stay home. It is the price you pay for choosing a mind altering drug. Your choice? But do not push it on other people.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No talking about common sense. You think you have the right to kill people because you want to smoke? That everyone should except the risk because you want to smoke? There is no excuse for drugies that want to push themselves on other people.

So disabled you have to take marijuana! So much pain you have to take Marijuana! Then stay home. It is the price you pay for choosing a mind altering drug. Your choice? But do not push it on other people.

If I were you I would make sure I don’t have a beam in my eye.