MRSA, another strand

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
Its never been known to kill in hospitals until this year a marine a few weeks from training died after scratching himself during a training activity in a wood, his thoughtr death was caused by this type of mrsa. Mrsa forms from a bacteria that naturally lives on your skin it keeps your skin healthy although some of these can be harmful if they get into the skin and they are considered mrsa if they are immune to the antibiotic mencillin i think that is the correct spelling. This is a problem as it cannot be protected against in hospitals, people carry it on the skin it is not affective on the skin and healthy people one in four naturally carry it on their skin, albeit i would think this to be the usual strand but this one is a little different. Usually it attacks the elderly and those with a weak immune system. This strand does not it can kill healthy people in as little as twenty four hours. So far their have been only a few cases. The first of the marine in march it is thought a nurse who later died after emergency srgery could have come into contact with the bacteria then, a few house mates also esting positive. The bacteria can enter through an opening in the skin pimple, scratch incision. it can cause boils or absesses. The bacteria it's self attacks the white blood cells the dog soldiers of our immune system consequently the patients can die of conditions such as blood poisoning or pnemonia. There have been about eight cases reported by the media, although this strand is rare about 2% of all the bacteria i thought it would be good to pray that it does not continue to grow and for support of those families and those who have died of this infection, as well as all thosse who are working to cure or get rid of these infections.