My Life Was Just a Loaf of Bread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Contrary to popular opinion, God has a pretty thick skin and a good sense of humor. "Prayer" can take the form of screaming from the top of your lungs about how f****d up this world is and what a s**t show humans have made of it. It really doesn't matter what you say. The important thing is the dialog, since that opens the door. I would posit the mere fact that you are posting here is a sign that part of you is already hearing God's call.
That's not prayer you A'hole! Huh? Great insight there. Humble is not swaring your head off to God in prayer (Like whatever you said) See? Am I being humble in humility now? Yeah???!?!?!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Kill me kill me kill me! Put 12 bullets in my brain! Then throw me in the woods that I may be eaten by (I don't know) Kangaroo's? Nah, that don't make sense.

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not prayer you A'hole! Huh? Great insight there. Humble is not swaring your head off to God in prayer (Like whatever you said) See? Am I being humble in humility now? Yeah???!?!?!

All publicity is good publicity, as they say. ;-D

In all seriousness, any dialog with God is good since God will use that dialog according to his will, not yours. There is no one way to be a Christian. Many believers struggle in their relationship with God. The important fact is they have a relationship.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
All publicity is good publicity, as they say. ;-D

In all seriousness, any dialog with God is good since God will use that dialog according to his will, not yours. There is no one way to be a Christian. Many believers struggle in their relationship with God. The important fact is they have a relationship.
Eve also believed it was a good thing when she assumed that knowledge would give her wisdom like God.

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@I.O.U On your profile page you wrote, "I like the Bible, but I don't like what Christian's believe about the Bible." This was a while ago but I assume it's still relevant. Perhaps we can pursue this idea? I'll start:

I like the NT message of diminishment, specifically the words of Jesus. For example:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and
hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for
those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is
in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and
sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who
love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do
the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing
than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?"
Matthew 5:43-47 ESV​

The above quote demonstrates Christian mercy and forgiveness. It demonstrates how to respond to unfair treatment. It shows how to behave towards those with whom we disagree. The message is not about "me, me, me" but rather "God, God, God" -- something we all do well to remember.

I don't like the trend among Christians to focus on salvation in the next life at the exclusion of charity in this life. Too often I see Christians boast about how they are saved, setting themselves above those they perceive as unsaved. It's an elitist position and reminiscent of how the Pharisees treated the Jewish masses. Jewish Law could not save the Pharisees. Denominational quibbles will not save modern Christians either.

Reactions: dhh712

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
@I.O.U On your profile page you wrote, "I like the Bible, but I don't like what Christian's believe about the Bible." This was a while ago but I assume it's still relevant. Perhaps we can pursue this idea? I'll start:

I like the NT message of diminishment, specifically the words of Jesus. For example:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and
hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for
those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is
in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and
sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who
love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do
the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing
than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?"
Matthew 5:43-47 ESV​

The above quote demonstrates Christian mercy and forgiveness. It demonstrates how to respond to unfair treatment. It shows how to behave towards those with whom we disagree. The message is not about "me, me, me" but rather "God, God, God" -- something we all do well to remember.

I don't like the trend among Christians to focus on salvation in the next life at the exclusion of charity in this life. Too often I see Christians boast about how they are saved, setting themselves above those they perceive as unsaved. It's an elitist position and reminiscent of how the Pharisees treated the Jewish masses. Jewish Law could not save the Pharisees. Denominational quibbles will not save modern Christians either.
I don't know. What are you trying to do? Yupo.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What way is that?

The "Jesus" way..:)
"Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:2-6)

Jesus is the only one who can get us off this planet, just like the Adrien Brody character in Predators-

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The "Jesus" way..:)
"Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:2-6)

Jesus is the only one who can get us off this planet, just like the Adrien Brody character in Predators-

You people have no idea how my head burns with rage whenever I hear your neverending belief stories.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You people have no idea how my head burns with rage whenever I hear your neverending belief stories.

Mate, what is it about Jesus you don't like, are you jewish or what?

JEWISH HIGH PRIEST- "Jesus of Nazareth alias the Messiah, the Christ and the Son of God, you stand accused of upsetting us real bad, how do you plead?"
JESUS- "On yer bike Jack!"
jesus-point.jpg

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
We can talk about whatever you like -- life, death, things you like about the Bible, how much Christians annoy you -- anything and everything. Or we can just sit here, say nothing, and enjoy each other's company.
How are we going to sit here and enjoy each other's company?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Born in the year 1973. I have had many years of reflection. I have found nothing that could explain this reality, and I find no comfort in the explanations humans find comfort in. God is no comfort. Therefore I agonize over what I really am in this reality that any God threw me in without warning. At my age life has lost is taste, it's texture, it's excitement. It's all become dull and a grind that can not be remedied by some sales person, or whatever. I don't want to say anymore.

If your life was just a loaf of bread all I can say is...crumbs

Reactions: Dropship

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are we going to sit here and enjoy each other's company?

How about this? The next time I notice you are online, I will think about replying to this thread but change my mind instead. When you see me online, imagine that I am sitting nearby, staring out the veranda, gazing upon the wallabies.