Need help quitting coffee

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It calculates the measured charge radius of the proton and proposes a dipole charge radii for the neutron. And proposes a charge radius for the electron. Calculates the magnetic moments for the electron, proton and neutron. It calculates the gravitation for those particles as well. It establishes a new idea for the strong force. It proposes that charge is a hill of space-time while the strong force and gravitation are valleys of space-time. Charge is also a temperature equivalence principle where to radiating heat sources push each other apart. But charge has a sign that allows it to operate 180 degrees from it's natural pushing operation.

That's about as layman as I can get. And good morning Lambano.
I remember..taking physics courses in college.
- 1970's.
---
Some theories are interesting.
- Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Nuclear Physics theory, etc..

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys thanks for your prayers. I'm improved this morning and lowered my dose in half.
I remember..taking physics courses in college.
- 1970's.
---
Some theories are interesting.
- Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Nuclear Physics theory, etc..
Pathfinder7. I had no idea I was having 600mg of caffeine 3 times a day. I'm down to 300mg 3 times a day and it's already working. I took my crazy sisters advice on how to make my instant coffee cause I had never used instant coffee before and never checked to see how much different it was from normal coffee. I'm dumb or something, I should have known. And now I'm a little more tired but doing OK.

Physics has been fun for me, but it took 6 years of study to learn everything which would be impossible if I had to work thru those 6 years. But I've been disabled for some time now. I studied some thermodynamics and particle theory mostly. I also studied some quantum mechanics and nuclear. But just enough to form an alternate theory to standard accepted theory. I had to match measured values in my theory to be a good alternate theory.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said, "Caffeine doesn't give you energy. It gives you stress." It produces stress hormones. No wonder the adrenal fatigue mentioned by (I think) @Ferris Bueller.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel really uptight and stressed, but it's not nearly as bad as trying to go cold turkey yesterday.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I got older.....I started noticing the number of young people that were saying they were tired and during that time frame energy drinks started to become popular....so I was thinking that this was something that was happening all over.

Some people blamed it on fast food or drugs.

I have never had a fatigue issue.....I have drank coffee and chewed tobacco since I was six years old.
Now I probably drink more than two pots a day. Since I have drunk so much of it for so long....I can finish two pots a go to bed and sleep like a log. The only thing that makes me anxious is metformin and Benadryl.....the day after I take it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, wow, my little rant about sugar just reminded me about the link between blood sugar and brain health. Going out on a limb here but maybe lowering your blood sugar can help with the schizophrenia. Scroll through this list and watch a couple of videos if you have time: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpTTF6wMDLR4o5YrlOF71wkMW4hhddCef

I've learned tons about the effects of sugar on the body and the brain from this guy.
Sugar is NOT our friend! But, it still wants to be my friend so, don't want to be rude! Lol...for real though, you are so right Barny, sugar wreaks havoc on our bodies and minds..

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I got older.....I started noticing the number of young people that were saying they were tired and during that time frame energy drinks started to become popular....so I was thinking that this was something that was happening all over.

Some people blamed it on fast food or drugs.

I have never had a fatigue issue.....I have drank coffee and chewed tobacco since I was six years old.
Now I probably drink more than two pots a day. Since I have drunk so much of it for so long....I can finish two pots a go to bed and sleep like a log. The only thing that makes me anxious is metformin and Benadryl.....the day after I take it.
Junk food, socially acceptable drugs, but I also think its a lack of self discipline, emotional regulation, and it messes up our executive functioning.

I'm a millennial. Our generation is emotionally driven, not so much of a focus on logic. We are hardwired for screens. We tend to not get enough sleep, and we take also lot of pride and celebration in not really using our minds or bodies... so much that we make very important memes about it.

R.f977ac223ad742a5b3b94fbf5ee442c3

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Junk food, socially acceptable drugs, but I also think its a lack of self discipline, emotional regulation, and it messes up our executive functioning.

I'm a millennial. Our generation is emotionally driven, not so much of a focus on logic. We are hardwired for screens. We tend to not get enough sleep, and we take also lot of pride and celebration in not really using our minds or bodies... so much that we make very important memes about it.

R.f977ac223ad742a5b3b94fbf5ee442c3
LOL:D

Reactions: DuckieLady

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quite but just about! I have been stuck on infinite loops.

Lol but thank you!
If that stuck you than you should definitely enjoy recursion programming. I used loops and recursion for game programming. Once you get the hang of it it gets easier. Keep on with it and you'll be OK.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK a little update. I read the FDA says one rounded teaspoon of instant coffee contains 57mg of caffeine so I was only taking in 6 of those a day which is 360 mg of caffeine. I'm going to have to quit the caffeine all together it seems to see if the stomach problems subside. Thanks for your guys support!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol I don't know, but I've seen it as a method for Swedish egg coffee.

I tried it when I was younger. Just a bit smoother and it removes the bitterness, but it will make the caffeine stronger.

Sounds really familiar.. Lol, me too. I've had quite a few crashes.

I remember watching that documentary That Sugar Film. He loaded up on sugar to see what it did to him. I remember it being a really fun watch when I was researching the same thing.

One of those things we know we should quit but sooooo hard to do
Sugar is my weakness. And homemade bread. and store bought bread and real butter.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have stomach problems and have had them for over 5 years now. I have to take immodium just to travel anywhere. I've been drinking about 6 small cups of coffee a day with one teaspoon of instant coffee per cup. I started drinking them because I was forced to take sedating medications for my schizophrenia. And once I started I haven't been able to lighten up or stop. I had two times that I didn't drink coffee for an amount of time and each time my stomach problems went away, the last was this last week. I'm now sure the problems are caused from caffeine. Therefore I would like to quit and slow down first so I don't have too bad of withdrawals. Please pray for me to do this. I'm already finding it difficult. And I just started today.
Just pray and keep praying. I was addicted to snacks.

For many years I've had a problem with diabetes and the more medication I was given the worse it seemed to get. Last summer I prayed to ask God to help me stop snacking as I would eat three or four packets of crisps (chips) in one go. I read a lot and couldn't get out of the habit of snacking whilst I read.

My prayers were answered and suddenly I didn't want anything between meals and only ate when I was hungry, Then I ended up in hospital twice during the summer with stroke scares, which weren't strokes at all, and each time I learned a bit more about how my pancreas works in two 5 minutes chats to diabetic nurses. I learned more about managing my diabetes in those few minutes than I had in the previous 25 years. God is good and I believe he allowed me to go into hospital for that reason. And praise his name I don't snack any more and the diabetes is almost reversed in less than six months.