No More Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! Amen!
Our resurrection is a two stage process:
1. We must be born again of God's Holy Spirit now

That's a birth not a resurrection. When the body dies, then a resurrection will take place at the second coming. It is not a two stage process.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is false, there is one future second coming in fire, Revelation 20:9 in fire coming from heaven is the second coming

That isn't the second coming. It happens LONG before that timeframe, found back in Rev 19.

The enemy brings an army to try to fight Christ in Rev 19 at the second coming. It fails terribly.

The enemy brings a new army a thousand years later to try to attack Christ at Jerusalem in Rev 20 . It fails terribly.

Reactions: David in NJ

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a birth not a resurrection. When the body dies, then a resurrection will take place at the second coming. It is not a two stage process.
Could it be that you don't understand how Paul means "if ye then be risen with Christ.....", meaning not baptism by water, but by being baptized by the Holy Spirit of God.
John 11
[25] Jesus said unto her, I AM the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
To God, we are DEAD TO HIM because of sin.

Are you able to discern the words: "and now is"?
John 4
[23] But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 5
[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Have you heard the voice of the Son of God?
Are you born again of His Spirit?
Then you are blessed because you have taken part in the FIRST resurrection, who is Jesus.

Praise be to God!

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are blessed because you have taken part in the FIRST resurrection, who is Jesus.

Christ is not the "first resurrection" found in Revelation 20 but he is why it happens.

Rev 20 speaks of two groups of the dead that resurrect/live again.

The first resurrection is the resurrection of this first group of the dead because they resurrect first. The rest have to wait for their resurrection:

"the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished" (Rev 20:5)

This is the last resurrection of those who are dead. One group resurrected and "the rest" or the remaining ones did not resurrect when the others did.

This proves they partake of the second resurrection also known as the last resurrection because no one is still physically dead after they "live again". This proves without a doubt that there are two separate days of resurrections separated by a thousand years.

The first group resurrects before the thousand years begins and the second/last group resurrects after the end of the thousand years.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ewq1938 and @Earburner

Post 164 and Post 163

You are BOTH correct in your posts and i hope that you BOTH will SEE this.

#1 No one will be part of the First Resurrection unless they have been Born -Again by the Spirit = raised up from death = Eph ch2

#2 JESUS is the First Resurrection = that is how we are able to experience Revelation 20:1-4 = At His Coming

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies.
And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”

"and to await His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead—Jesus our deliverer from the coming wrath."

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God,
and the dead in Christ will Rise First."

"But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive = (future bodily resurrection)
But each in his own turn: Christ the firstfruits; then at His coming, those who belong to Him."

We only belong to Christ if we have already been raised from the dead whereby we are Born Again = Eph ch2

"And you were dead in your trespasses and sins......like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath."

But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
made us alive(resurrected spirit/soul) with Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses.

You are BOTH speaking TRUTH in Posts 163 & 164

The 1,000 years are literal and begin at HIS Second Coming = Revelation ch19 & ch20

Peace and Good Nite

Reactions: amigo de christo

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#2 JESUS is the First Resurrection

He is not the first resurrection. People such as Lazarus were resurrected before Christ and not one single time is Christ called "the first resurrection" in scripture. That is used only by Rev 20 for a group of saved Christians who are raised from the dead.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so you disagree.
How is it that you and I became born again, if it wasn't by Jesus' resurrection, who is the FIRSTborn from the dead?
Do you not now heed the words of Paul?
"If you then BE RISEN WITH Christ, seek those things that are ABOVE".

If one has NOT been spiritually RISEN WITH Christ, how then are they now PARTakers of the [His] divine nature, if they didn't have part in the FIRST resurrection who is Jesus?

And of course, for those who are not now spiritually risen with Christ, they are not a partaker of the [His,] divine nature, and therefore though they profess Christ, in reality they remain to be "none of His", because they do not HAVE the Spirit of Christ within them.

Edit: please review the parable of The Ten Virgins.
The subject surrounded interpretation of Revelation 20:4-6 (First Resurrection) and reformed eschatology falsely teaches this is partaking in the resurrection of Jesus in 33AD

The interpretation is found in the fact there are two resurrection on the last day, and the righteous will be the "First" to be resurrected

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 1,000 years are literal and begin at HIS Second Coming = Revelation ch19 & ch20

Peace and Good Nite
"False"

Jesus returns in fire and final judgment (The End)

There won't be a Millennial Kingdom on this earth following the second coming as you continue to claim

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The interpretation is found in the fact there are two resurrection on the last day, and the righteous will be the "First" to be resurrected

There is one resurrection group on the last day not two. The saved rose from the dead before the thousand years.

The only ones resurrecting on the last day come from hell, death and the sea....not heaven.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't the second coming. It happens LONG before that timeframe, found back in Rev 19.

The enemy brings an army to try to fight Christ in Rev 19 at the second coming. It fails terribly.

The enemy brings a new army a thousand years later to try to attack Christ at Jerusalem in Rev 20 . It fails terribly.
Revelation chapters 16, 19, 20, very same battle in parallel teachings

The book of Revelation is written in parallel teachings of same events, not chronological as dispensationalism falsely teaches

• Love

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is not the first resurrection. People such as Lazarus were resurrected before Christ and not one single time is Christ called "the first resurrection" in scripture. That is used only by Rev 20 for a group of saved Christians who are raised from the dead.
Indeed the Scripture does call Christ the First Resurrection.

In the beginning was the WORD
the WORD was with GOD
the WORD was GOD = Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

the WORD became flesh = HE humbled Himself
JESUS = before Abraham IAM
JESUS = IAM the Resurrection and the LIFE

JESUS is the only begotten Son of God, HE became a Man, the FIRST Man to be Resurrected and His Body Transformed into Glorification
"But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the Firstfruits = of those who have fallen asleep"

CHRIST is the Firstfruits of the First Resurrection for HE is the FIRST Resurrection
"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven."

Without CHRIST there is no first resurrection and there are no firstfruits of men unto God.
"God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus."

Genesis = "Let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness."
Just as Eve came out of Adam so do we come out of Christ for HE is the FIRST Resurrection

"And the dead in Christ will rise first."

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was One like the Son of Man, dressed in a long robe, with a golden sash around His chest. The hair of His head was white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes were like a blazing fire. His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the roar of many waters.
He held in His right hand seven stars
, and a sharp double-edged sword came from His mouth.
His face was like the sun shining at its brightest.

PEACE my Brother

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed the Scripture does call Christ the First Resurrection.

It doesn't which is why you provided nothing that says it. The words only appear in Rev 20 which refer to a group of people, and a variation of the Greek words also referring to the same people, "the dead in Christ RISE FIRST". Jesus is not called "the first resurrection" in the bible.

• Haha

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's wrong. The battle of Armageddon in chp 19 is not the same battle of Jerusalem in chp 20.
"Yes" They Are The Very Same Gathering And Battle In Parallel Teachings, Example Below Chapters 16 & 20

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Revelation) 16:12-14 & (Revelation) 20:7-8 Same Deception In Gathering The Nations To The Very Same Final Battle In "Parallel" Teachings Of The Same Event

(Revelation) 16:12-17KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says "IAM the Resurrection"

Jesus is the Firstfruits = Plural

No one gets to the First Resurrection unless they go thru the Door = Jesus is the Door

Since Jesus says we must enter thru Him, He is the Door

Likewise Jesus says IAM the Resurrection = we only are part of the First Resurrection if we are in Jesus

These Two are Echad and they cannot be separated from Each Other.

John 6:35-40
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but at that time Lazarus was only resucitated. It was impossible for Christ to have given him a new and glorious Immortal body.
The blood of Christ had not been shed yet by Jesus, who only was to be the firstborn from the dead, until He returns from Heaven.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yes" They Are The Very Same Gathering And Battle In Parallel Teachings

No, they aren't. They don't involve the same armies or same location or same method of death or timeframe. Nothing matches.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but at that time Lazarus was only resucitated.

No, he was resurrected from the dead and he wasn't the only one before Christ resurrected.

It was impossible for Christ to have given him a new and glorious Immortal body.

I didn't say he was resurrected in an immortal body but he was resurrected from the dead.

The blood of Christ had not been shed yet by Jesus, who only was to be the the firstborn from the dead, until He returns from Heaven.

Fine but the bible never says Jesus is "the first resurrection" because he isn't.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but at that time Lazarus was only resucitated. It was impossible for Christ to have given him a new and glorious Immortal body.
The blood of Christ had not been shed yet by Jesus, who only was to be the the firstborn from the dead, until He returns from Heaven.
Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world. But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.” These things He said, and after that He said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.”

Then His disciples said, “Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.” However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.

Then Jesus said to them plainly, “Lazarus is dead. And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, that you may believe. Nevertheless let us go to him.”

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he was resurrected from the dead and he wasn't the only one before Christ resurrected.

I didn't say he was resurrected in an immortal body but he was resurrected from the dead.

Fine but the bible never says Jesus is "the first resurrection" because he isn't.
If Jesus is not the First Resurrection then He is not the Resurrection at all = HE cannot be separated from who HE IS.

There is no such thing as a "first resurrection" apart from JESUS