No unity ever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 For I bear record to them that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they, being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.

We are supposed to be under God.

Yes. According to knowledge. We are subject to God, and that means being subject to His Word. Can we claim to be submitted to God, but bristle against His Word?

Much love!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes. According to knowledge. We are subject to God, and that means being subject to His Word. Can we claim to be submitted to God, but bristle against His Word?

Much love!
Are we talking about "His word" or the "bible". There are many on here quote the bible and stand in opposition to God,question is "who or what is your God.??

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we talking about "His word" or the "bible". There are many on here quote the bible and stand in opposition to God,question is "who or what is your God.??

The Creator is God, and the Bible is His Word.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. And maybe easier than banning someone completely

That's for sure!!! I do not like when that happens...we all fall short and, we are redeemable with God so...why not on here? The ignore feature is there for a reason, I don't really like to use it but...there are times I will just to maintain my own peace, as well as NOT coming back at someone in kind. There is no room in true Christianity for nastiness and arrogance but...it's all over the place. I've prayed for years for discernment and looking back, I can SEE how He worked in me...it "feels" as though those curve balls God lobbed at me, were missed by me, one after the other. But now I look at it totally differently. He has taught me to listen to red flags where as before, I did not know if it was God or satan directing me to do something for someone that I should never have...3x! Well, so I'm a slow learner, lol.

As far as unity...I just do not ever seeing that happen in this world. Denominations are all basically cliques IMHO...My guess is that a good 90 percent of Church attending Christians never, ever question their pastors or open the Word to make sure as to what the pastor was saying. It's just swallowed whole as TRUTH.
One day we will all be united in a way we could never be at this time. JMO :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So denominationalism is a Babylon of religious aspirations. Nothing to glory in. And none of this even approaches life in the Spirit. Church takes on a life of it's own...as a human corporation.
Indeed, in the group with where I spent the better part of the last 30 years it was common to call all the rest of Christendom, Babylon. Most of them excluded themselves, but they were wrong according to what I saw. They also for the most part were part of Babylon... that is to say, part of confusion. Hey, I was confused too, [am I still confused?], but I guess the best thing that I did was to work on controlling my tongue so as not to unnecessarily offend. I asked for God's help in that... but can we or should we remain silent forever?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

From Catholicism, to Oneness, to my last group which calls itself the 'Body of Christ'. I was around the final one for about 30 years minus a 10 year lapse.

Supposedly anyone was allowed to speak out his/her own beliefs or understanding no matter how radical, but they too had some lines drawn but the ink was invisible. To cross them was to at the very least to walk into trouble, and at the very worst, to cast yourself out to the outside. They did not prevent people from coming in who had become unwelcome, but they had ways of letting certain one know that they were not a part. My friend who died 3-1-2020 was one of the worst cases. God used him to teach me. Now my friend is gone.

I was learning and cautious until my last few years there. I had wanted to be a part [maybe we all have some of that], but finally I realized that I did not... want to be a part. Why?

Over those years I was slowly moving from silent to speaking often from my heart, hopefully from the Lord's heart, but as I discovered even some who had accepted me quiet, could not tolerate my voice when I really began to speak. As the need to speak increased I stood with one old man, my last pastor, who was also wrong in places [but who is not?], but I believe that his heart was the Lord's most of the time.

Finally I had to walk out, but if I had not I would have found myself absorbed into Babylon also. It'll be 2 years completely out in a few months. I have had a couple of phone calls from within, but no one that really misses me has called. So where is Babylon now? Where is this confusion? Where is God?

To understand one place to begin is by reading about Babylon and Babel in the OT. Are 'Christians' confused today? What do the numbers, 30 to 40 thousand denominations say to us? Do you suppose there were that many people building that tower up to heaven?

You see the Catholics are generally right about us, but usually like everyone else miss their own sinking into Babylon. Where is God? Where is Jesus? Where is the Holy Ghost?

When @Episkopos tries to explain it all, to many people it probably seems like he is speaking in an unknown tongue without an i
interpreter. Where is the Interpreter? Who is able to hear anything that he is saying with understanding?

But who is relying ONLY on the Lord in ALL things? Compared with that all other considerations are just vanities.

The above may also sound like another uninterpreted message or like the way many do not understand our friend @bbyrd009 ... that is to say for some.... not at all.

"Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." Matt 13:9-16

And some people say that Jesus never spoke in tongues!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Creator is God, and the Bible is His Word.
His word is Spirit it is that what proceedeth out of the mouth of God, it is what divides men, and Christ is His word that came to this earth in the Flesh. And now you can see why there is division, men will not come together under Christ.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It would be so nice if we could just set aside our beliefs and just open our eyes to what others are saying. Instead of being offended they have the nerve to say something we do not agree with.

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,

it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things

Lord, help us to bear with one another!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with @Heart2Soul it would be nice (I was not fast enough to post on that thread) but sadly, after visiting chatrooms for many years, I do not see it happening unless the mods really crack down.
It will take more than the moderators. Did Jesus establish unity when he walked a man on planet Earth 2,000 years ago?

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." Luke 12:51-53

But then...

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" Eph 4:11-14

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed, in the group with where I spent the better part of the last 30 years it was common to call all the rest of Christendom, Babylon. Most of them excluded themselves, but they were wrong according to what I saw. They also for the most part were part of Babylon... that is to say, part of confusion. Hey, I was confused too, [am I still confused?], but I guess the best thing that I did was to work on controlling my tongue so as not to unnecessarily offend. I asked for God's help in that... but can we or should we remain silent forever?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

From Catholicism, to Oneness, to my last group which calls itself the 'Body of Christ'. I was around the final one for about 30 years minus a 10 year lapse.

Supposedly anyone was allowed to speak out his/her own beliefs or understanding no matter how radical, but they too had some lines drawn but the ink was invisible. To cross them was to at the very least to walk into trouble, and at the very worst, to cast yourself out to the outside. They did not prevent people from coming in who had become unwelcome, but they had ways of letting certain one know that they were not a part. My friend who died 3-1-2020 was one of the worst cases. God used him to teach me. Now my friend is gone.

I was learning and cautious until my last few years there. I had wanted to be a part [maybe we all have some of that], but finally I realized that I did not... want to be a part. Why?

Over those years I was slowly moving from silent to speaking often from my heart, hopefully from the Lord's heart, but as I discovered even some who had accepted me quiet, could not tolerate my voice when I really began to speak. As the need to speak increased I stood with one old man, my last pastor, who was also wrong in places [but who is not?], but I believe that his heart was the Lord's most of the time.

Finally I had to walk out, but if I had not I would have found myself absorbed into Babylon also. It'll be 2 years completely out in a few months. I have had a couple of phone calls from within, but no one that really misses me has called. So where is Babylon now? Where is this confusion? Where is God?

To understand one place to begin is by reading about Babylon and Babel in the OT. Are 'Christians' confused today? What do the numbers, 30 to 40 thousand denominations say to us? Do you suppose there were that many people building that tower up to heaven?

You see the Catholics are generally right about us, but usually like everyone else miss their own sinking into Babylon. Where is God? Where is Jesus? Where is the Holy Ghost?

When @Episkopos tries to explain it all, to many people it probably seems like he is speaking in an unknown tongue without an i
interpreter. Where is the Interpreter? Who is able to hear anything that he is saying with understanding?

The above may also sound like another uninterpreted message or like the way many do not understand our friend @bbyrd009 ... that is to say for some.... not at all.

"Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." Matt 13:9-16

And some people say that Jesus never spoke in tongues!
And God called Israel out of Egypt, but they complained , and potetsted lest they might die. and God today still calling men out of Egypt but who will come out to serve Him.

Come out of her My people...... Lest you be a partaker of her plauges.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's for sure!!! I do not like when that happens...we all fall short and, we are redeemable with God so...why not on here? The ignore feature is there for a reason, I don't really like to use it but...there are times I will just to maintain my own peace, as well as NOT coming back at someone in kind. There is no room in true Christianity for nastiness and arrogance but...it's all over the place. I've prayed for years for discernment and looking back, I can SEE how He worked in me...it "feels" as though those curve balls God lobbed at me, were missed by me, one after the other. But now I look at it totally differently. He has taught me to listen to red flags where as before, I did not know if it was God or satan directing me to do something for someone that I should never have...3x! Well, so I'm a slow learner, lol.

As far as unity...I just do not ever seeing that happen in this world. Denominations are all basically cliques IMHO...My guess is that a good 90 percent of Church attending Christians never, ever question their pastors or open the Word to make sure as to what the pastor was saying. It's just swallowed whole as TRUTH.
One day we will all be united in a way we could never be at this time. JMO :)
This place does allow something not allowed at all in most church buildings. Yes, they often go to the other extreme here, but in those buildings they usually allow you only to keep your mouth shut. Is that what God always wants from us?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will take more than the moderators. Did Jesus establish unity when he walked a man on planet Earth 2,000 years ago?

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." Luke 12:51-53

But then...

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" Eph 4:11-14
True but we are just talking about this particular chatroom I believe

Reactions: amadeus and marks

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet men quote it and contradict God.
That didn't answer the question. Men may contradict it by quoting out of context like the devil did in the Temptation, but my question was...
"Would one (His Word/the Bible) contradict the other?"

Reactions: marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This place does allow something not allowed at all in most church buildings. Yes, they often go to the other extreme here, but in those buildings they usually allowed only to keep your mouth shut. Is that what God always wants from us?

No sir! I believe God desires us to know His truth and we know that:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 Say's:
"16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Are the leaders of the Church exempt from this verse or something??! The reproof, correction, instruction and the rest of it, is for the whole body, IMO.

The body should have the LOUDEST voice!

Reactions: marks

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That didn't answer the question. Men may contradict it by quoting out of context l ike the devil did in the Temptation, but my question was...
"Would one (His Word/the Bible) contradict the other?"
Depends on wheter we are talking about what "Jesus"said or the rest, you could just ask Jesus for yourself. As for "out of context" no they do it because they refuse to ask God and have no "revelation" of what they speak, and that "revelation" comes from God not reading the bible. And so again because men will not come together under "Christ" there will always be division.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it's so much a question of understanding. I know some don't take the time to find out what a person believes, I do. Others do also. It's a matter of agreement.

There are people who I feel are in very serious error. and the question is, how we achieve unity regardless?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on wheter we are talking about what "Jesus"said or the rest, you could just ask Jesus for yourself. As for "out of context" no they do it because they refuse to ask God and have no "revelation" of what they speak, and that "revelation" comes from God not reading the bible. And so again because men will not come together under "Christ" there will always be division.
How do you know you have the right ideas about God? How do you know you aren't somehow deeply mistaken? I'm not sayin you are or you are not, I'm asking, how do you know?

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.