No unity ever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on wheter we are talking about what "Jesus"said or the rest, you could just ask Jesus for yourself. As for "out of context" no they do it because they refuse to ask God and have no "revelation" of what they speak, and that "revelation" comes from God not reading the bible. And so again because men will not come together under "Christ" there will always be division.
Last attempt, yes or no, "Would God's word contradict Scripture?" or to put it another way, "Would God's spoken Word contradict His written Word?".

Reactions: friend of

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Last attempt, yes or no, "Would God's word contradict Scripture?" or to put it another way, "Would God's spoken Word contradict His written Word?".
Like I said God never spoke teh whole bible, if HE did than He must be teh devil,
9 And he said to Him, All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me
Did God sat that???

PS your still putting the bibel before God that makes it an Idol, you know where I stand Christ , who is His word First above all things

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said God never spoke teh whole bible, if HE did than He must be teh devil,
9 And he said to Him, All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me
Did God sat that???

PS your still putting the bibel before God that makes it an Idol, you know where I stand Christ , who is His word First above all things
So the conversation should only have been one sided?

God told us the conversation in God’s Word.

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God sat that???

You wouldn't know about Christ without His Word (only superstitions and myths).
So I take it you do not believe the Bible is fully inspired of God when you say, "...God never spoke teh whole bible..."
Scripture rather says,...

and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. (2Ti 3:15)
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; (2Ti 3:16)

But with your attitude towards the Written Word, who needs God's wriiten Word, we can all pretend we are Prophets and Apostles and receive direct revelation from God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God told us the conversation in God’s Word.
He never did not ever, He put Christ first and above all things and as you can see no one wants Christ, its always Gods word says' What ever happened to Jesus.

They worship me with there lips but there hearts are far from me. As is oft proven.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You wouldn't know about Christ without His Word (only superstitions and myths).
That is denying the power of God as men so oft do, so go ahead make God less than the pages in a book, I know Christ by Christ, men spend there whole lives studying the bible and never know Christ as can be seeing on this forum, and others And I will not deny Him as so many would have me do so you can justify your idol.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So much for a thread about unity, shouldn't we try to at least keep this thread on topic?
Well it is and have we not proven why there will never be unity, men will never come to Christ and make Him Lord, untill all men agree with Christ it will never change and religion will never allow that. Religion is form this word not God.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are being foolish. Its in the bible if you must look.
Why?
Showing how foolish it is to make statements about the Bible, that makes no sense to the majority of those who read the Bible.

God's Word is more important than your post, yet you defend your post with the Bible? Why defend your post at all? God's written Word stands just fine without any human defending.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why?
Showing how foolish it is to make statements about the Bible, that makes no sense to the majority of those who read the Bible.

God's Word is more important than your post, yet you defend your post with the Bible? Why defend your post at all? God's written Word stands just fine without any human defending.
And so division will continue because men will refuse to put Christ first. Isnt Christianity about Christ?? Apparently not.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well it is and have we not proven why there will never be unity, men will never come to Christ and make Him Lord, untill all men agree with Christ it will never change and religion will never allow that. Religion is form this word not God.

You are wrong about this one, there will be unity in Heaven when we get there.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I see it the main problem is that we major on minors like eucharist. I am and have studied the NTC church in-depth and not once has the word eucharist been mentioned.

The Eucharist is not a minor. The Trinity is not mentioned either and Christians believe it. Just as the Trinity is the name for God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit so the Holy Eucharist is the name for what Christ did in the upper room and the Apostles continued to do and St. Paul talked about. The exact name doesn't have to be in the Bible to get used by Christians.

Reactions: friend of

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Eucharist is not a minor.
Agreed. "Eucharist" means the giving of thanks, which is an integral part of the Lord's Supper, which is a major part of Christian worship. The Lord gave thanks at the Lord's Supper. Unfortunately the Catholic Eucharist goes well beyond the Lord's Supper, and makes it into the Mass, with an altar, a sacrifice, and a priest.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some forums let you start threads with certain posters. Then all congregate in private. This is an open forum. If all separated, it would not be open any more. Some humans have a tendency to talk about others in private. If most conversations were in private groups, it may lead to more distrust and less peace and unity. Unfortunately the more liberties people are given, without self control, the less freedom all have.

Well it works great at CF (Christian forums), there they have a general area where pretty everyone can get together but also Congregation areas where those in unity of doctrine can met and chill out from all the fighting and being told one is bad and wrong because of their beliefs in the General forums. I have no idea where this private idea came from because it's not you just can't tech against their doctrine and argue but you can fellowship. The way it is here now just encourages back biting, name calling, and the rest/

It is not a lot of work to do I even have a forum where it is setup that way. No one is there because we all just stopped posting or move on but it can be done effectively. Everyone says they want unity but they don't want to do the work for it which is having places to go and than coming together to discuss things in common and that is as good as it gets with humans. I have seen to many forums crash and burn because they were set up poorly and gave no quarter to those who need their own space. I hope I don't sound mean I am passionate and really know this can work.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a Catholic... a Lutheran... a Non-denominational ... and a Pentecostal all went to a soup kitchen to feed the poor... they would all have a glorious time doing the WORK of CHRIST together.

Yet they still would not be truly united

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@historyb You say the eucharist is not minor... but on this thread... the eucharist which is a Catholic practice ( as well as the few others who believe in transubstantiation).... this is a DIS-UNIFYING activity. It places the religion apart and falsely above other Christian denominations, and as we earlier discussed... this practice is not one that is invited to be shared with others ( of which I note is for good reason ).

So in light of this thread... it would seem that the ONLY unifying force that keeps us together with the label of Christianity is the Trinity as you also mentioned.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know from history that the bishop of Rome sought to be supreme among all the others because of his ambition. Thus began the divisions, which then led to the Reformation and its aftermath.

"...After the council [of Chalcedon], the Roman bishop, Leo, himself protested in three letters of the 22d May, 452; the first of which was addressed to the emperor Marcian, the second to the empress Pulcheria, the third to Anatolius, patriarch of Constantinople.515

He expressed his satisfaction with the doctrinal results of the council, but declared the elevation of the bishop of Constantinople to the patriarchal dignity to be a work of pride and ambition—the humble, modest pope!—to be an attack upon the rights of other Eastern metropolitans—the invader of the same rights in Gaul!—especially upon the rights of the Roman see guaranteed by the council of Nice—on the authority of a Roman interpolation—and to be destructive of the peace of the church—which the popes have always sacredly kept!

He would hear nothing of political considerations as the source of the authority of his chair, but pointed rather to Divine institution and the primacy of Peter. Leo speaks here with great reverence of the first ecumenical council, under the false impression that that council in its sixth canon acknowledged the primacy of Rome; but with singular indifference of the second ecumenical council, on account of its third canon, which was confirmed at Chalcedon.

He charges Anatolius with using for his own ambition a council, which had been called simply for the extermination of heresy and the establishment of the faith. But the canons of the Nicene council, inspired by the Holy Ghost, could be superseded by no synod, however great; and all that came in conflict with them was void. He exhorted Anatolius to give up his ambition, and reminded him of the words: Tene quod habes, ne alius accipiat coronam tuam.516

But this protest could not change the decree of the council nor the position of the Greek church in the matter, although, under the influence of the emperor, Anatolius wrote an humble letter to Leo. The bishops of Constantinople asserted their rank, and were sustained by the Byzantine emperors. The twenty-eighth canon of the Chalcedonian council was expressly confirmed by Justinian I., in the 131st Novelle (c. 1), and solemnly renewed by the Trullan council (can. 36), but was omitted in the Latin collections of canons by Prisca, Dionysius, Exiguus, and Isidore.

The loud contradiction of Rome gradually died away; yet she has never formally acknowledged this canon, except during the Latin empire and the Latin patriarchate at Constantinople, when the fourth Lateran council, under Innocent III., in 1215, conceded that the patriarch of Constantinople should hold the next rank after the patriarch of Rome, before those of Alexandria and Antioch.517"

Quoted from the History of the Church by Philip Schaff.

I must look into it, the problem this comes from a Protestant so it may not be unbiased. I do know both East and West had problems with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.