No unity ever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True but we are just talking about this particular chatroom I believe
Well the way to get unity in the things of God here would be the same as anywhere else. It does not happen because of people... and the obstacle in the way is Not unbelievers, at least not any who call themselves unbelievers.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But that does not mean that God will ever contradict His Word.
God cant contradict His word, the bible is another matter. If God never spoke it, it is not Gods word is it, or do you insist on putting words into Gods mouth as so many do.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God cant contradict His word, the bible is another matter. If God never spoke it, it is not Gods word is it, or do you insist on putting words into Gods mouth as so many do.
So confirming here . . . the Bible is not the Word of God, this is your view?

Much love!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know you have the right ideas about God? How do you know you aren't somehow deeply mistaken? I'm not sayin you are or you are not, I'm asking, how do you know?

Much love!
Its called faith. If a voice told me to murder someone im pretty sure that would not be from God, but if a voice prompted me to give some money to a poor man im pretty sure that would be from God. This forum exists because people refuse to put Christ and teh Spirit of God first above all things, even you yourself is wanting to put teh bible above God

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it's so much a question of understanding. I know some don't take the time to find out what a person believes, I do. Others do also. It's a matter of agreement.

There are people who I feel are in very serious error. and the question is, how we achieve unity regardless?

Much love!
Unity will only be found among God's people when they all continuously surrender to Him. Jesus is the Head, but how many really look to see which Way the Head is going and when known go that way without question? How often does your left foot go north when your right foot is going south? Do we need someone to help us remove our head in favor of His? Is that what happened with John the Baptist?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir! I believe God desires us to know His truth and we know that:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 Say's:
"16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Are the leaders of the Church exempt from this verse or something??! The reproof, correction, instruction and the rest of it, is for the whole body, IMO.

The body should have the LOUDEST voice!
"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward." I Tim 5:17-18

If the elder/minister of God is doing his job as he should be then we are to honor him, but if he is not...? How does one know that it is wrong? How about getting tuned into the voice of God and staying there? Does not God always know? Would He withhold things from us that are necessary for us to walk closer to Him?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and the question is, how we achieve unity regardless?

Hi marks,

Great question! I suggest:

addressing one another (in) psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and playing to the Lord in your hearts,

giving thanks always and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.

Be subordinate to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its called faith. If a voice told me to murder someone im pretty sure that would not be from God, but if a voice prompted me to give some money to a poor man im pretty sure that would be from God.

That one is simple . . .

even you yourself is wanting to put teh bible above God

Of course that isn't true. But believe it if you wish.

Reactions: Josho

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's like asking, when you breathe, do you inhale, or exhale?

God spoke, and the Bible is His Word.
Your dodging teh question, Should i repeat it. So when satan spoke in teh bible
that was God speaking

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your dodging teh question, Should i repeat it.
Your question is silly!

I wrote this post. Do I agree with it? Or does it agree with me?

I wrote it. It's not a question of agreement. It expresses me, at least, to the extent that I am capable of making that so.

Reactions: friend of

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So than should teh bible agree with God or should God agree with the bible??
This isn't the way I think of the Bible at all.

It is God's communication to man, and so it expresses what God chooses to express of Himself. Does it agree with Him? I'd say yes! Does He agree with it? I'd say yes! He wrote it. Of course He would agree with it.

Reactions: friend of

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ANd now seeing the usual discussion we can see why theer is so much division. not even God Himself is put first in mens lives.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This isn't the way I think of the Bible at all.

It is God's communication to man, and so it expresses what God chooses to express of Himself. Does it agree with Him? I'd say yes! Does He agree with it? I'd say yes! He wrote it. Of course He would agree with it.
He never wrote it men did, He wrote the ten commandments on tablets teh first time, He inscribed a few words on a wall in teh ot to bring judgment on a king, the bible He never wrote, as I said now you see why there is so much division, Every man reads teh bible and every man gets a diffrent understaning and religions will never agree

Status
Not open for further replies.