• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think I will believe Jesus and not you.

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

No one in Hebrews who is rejecting Christ, is "speaking a word against God or the Holy Spirit".
So, what you just wrote, as usual, has nothing to do with the NT.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Addressing the OP,
Not so fast.

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin,

PICJAG.

Yes, i understand that you and most have been badly taught, and you need verses in the bible that talk about sinning, so that you can continue to do it.
However, I dont want you to keep living that failed Christian life, and neither does Paul.

Paul said that if you will walk in the Spirit, you will not sin.

So, you can choose to keep trying to find verses in the bible that talk about "sinning" so that you can keep doing it, and play the repent and confess game, or you can grow up, and stand up, and mature, spiritually.
Im teaching how to do it.
Just read my Threads.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I realize that I got here late; but something needs to be said here.

Indwelling sin is a reality for every person on the face of the planet.

Actually you have the "indwelling sin" issue, as you are determined to keep teaching that Christians are to sin, which means you.
Why dont you instead, study my Threads, and start using your Christianity in a viable way that does not keep making excuses for the fact that you have not yet understood how to have Victory in Christ over your sin?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nancy....the text to love God and others is mostly seen as a replacement of the 10 C's when in fact it is a reiteration of them. The first four dealing with love to God, the remaining six dealing with love to man.

The 10 commandments, if kept perfectly all your life have no power to deal with your sin.
So, there must be something better, that God has supplied.
You figure that one out.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one in Hebrews who is rejecting Christ, is "speaking a word against God or the Holy Spirit".
So, what you just wrote, as usual, has nothing to do with the NT.
I think you are not capable of understanding English. I'll be putting you on ignore.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who have gotten to know me... these words I speak to Behold may sound harsh... but I assure you his teaching is DANGEROUS.

It happens. Nothing like fresh air. Just keep in mind that Christ calls us to walk in a Spirit of love, even when chastisement is necessary. I hope you both can work through things and eventually come away closer, even if the differences in doctrine continue to persist.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It happens. Nothing like fresh air. Just keep in mind that Christ calls us to walk in a Spirit of love, even when chastisement is necessary. I hope you both can work through things and eventually come away closer, even if the differences in doctrine continue to persist.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Read what i wrote, as a response.
This has nothing to do with working through it.
This is just the devil.
Nothing new in my world.
He and i have been butting heads for a long time.

This person was out of this situation, they were free, now they have returned to their bondage and it sounds HATEFUL....
It happens.
Read my response..

B

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read what i wrote, as a response.
This has nothing to do with working through it.
This person was out of this situation, they were free, now they have returned to their bondage and it sounds HATEFUL....
It happens.
Read my response..

B

Understood. My response is the same to both of you. Walk in a Spirit of love. By this we will know you are His disciples.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, here we go..
"if we sin willfully , there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin"..
No more animal sacrifice. Before you knew about Jesus, you could bring your lamb to the temple and God would receive it, under the covenant that is "growing obsolete, and getting ready to vanish away". But then you learn about Jesus, the Gospel. Now you cannot just go back to the temple. It's Jesus or nothing.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judge ME, by what i teach... You are supposed to judge. "he that is spiritual judges all things>
I welcome it.
Because the more you really look at the Light i bring, the more the Holy Spirit will convince you that im the real deal.

We have no great quarrel on any personal level, but as per Post #18 you and I are not in agreement on this thread either.

Walk in brotherly love. Should you find yourself in error one day, your love and mercy in spite of it will have covered over a multitude of sins.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But they are also sinning saints, since no Christian is sinlessly perfect.
Except . . . It is no longer I that sin, but sin that lives in me.

I am a new creation in Christ, but there is a reason we are told to put off the old man and put on the new. @Behold is talking about not falling into the deception that "I am that old man". He is the son of Adam, of dead humanity. We are the sons of the Living God. Incarnated into the son of dead humanity.

If we identify with that person, we live according to that person's ways, according to whether we are doing right or wrong, so that we are accepted in doing right, but rejected in doing wrong, and this pushes us into the ways of the flesh, which results in sin in our lives.

But when we identify with the new creation, we are alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. You could almost think of it as flipping back and forth between two channels on the TV. On one channel is the flesh life, on the other is the Spirit life.

I think we have a tendency to flip back and forth, not really paying attention to what we are doing, just buying into the irritations, the felt needs, the desires, impatience, anxiety, whatever it is that the flesh is waving around, that we suddenly think is defining our life.

When we leave our peace and rest to take matters into our own hands.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy....the text to love God and others is mostly seen as a replacement of the 10 C's when in fact it is a reiteration of them. The first four dealing with love to God, the remaining six dealing with love to man.
Hi quietthinker,

I've come to think that the commandment to love goes way beyond the 10 commandments.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never been a sinner. Like ever. Had this halo on my head since I was three.

@Behold: No offense, but I would agree with Episkopos here. Our righteousness in Christ is not supposed to be "by faith." It is supposed to be tangible and real.

God bless,
Hidden
It IS tangible and real, but it's received in Christ, by faith. We don't build it ourselves.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not yet understood how to have Victory in Christ over your sin?
This can be a very difficult thing to understand for some, I think, along the lines of imagining a new color. It's an entirely different way of living.

I've thought very much about how to express this to people. It's simply faith.

I can pray, asking, "God, please give me victory over this sin!" And I believe God is pleased with that prayer, in that it shows at least some level of desire to be free, or at least the recognition that this is sin. And I believe God will answer that pray in training me to live a life of faith.

But that prayer is still living according to flesh, as if I did not have power over the sin, as if I were the old man. I can pray and ask God for freedom, knowing that He is able to free me, Or,

I can believe that freedom, and live that freedom, in simply turning my mind to Jesus, Look full in His Wonderful face, and the things of earth, they grow strangely dim. And there's just Jesus.

Having come to know that all sin is forgiven.
Having come to know that as a new creation, I do not sin.
Having come to know that as I'm not under law, God treats me not as a subject but as a son.
Having come to know that I'm not required to give God anything, that He gives everything to me.
Having come to know that nothing will ever separate me from God's love,

There is no hindrance in our unity with God, because I'm not the sinner, I'm His son. And in His power, I control the sinner, to use his body to do my good works, the ones that God prepared for me.

I find that this power is simply there in my life as I trust Jesus this way.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For the sake of this new home I have just found... I am going to ADDRESS you just ONCE @Behold ... You know me as Addy from another forum site... I allowed you to teach me for a period of about 2 weeks... until which time I told you I was FULL and TIRED and needed to rest. You then began to quickly change your "TEACHING" tone into an accusing one and this is WHEN the perversion of what you teach began to leak out.

YOU TEACH FALSE DOCTRINE... your teaching is no different than what a legalist teaches... the very ones you claim are apostates.

I am SO GRATEFUL that this site has seen you for what you are ... A WOLF... who goes from forum site to forum site causing strife and feeding poison.

For those who have gotten to know me... these words I speak to Behold may sound harsh... but I assure you his teaching is DANGEROUS.

There must be heresies among us so that they who are approved by God can be noticed. Behold is just one of the many heresies warned about by both Paul and John....and Jesus. Taking the words from the bible...then twisting them and turning them inside out so that they mean the very opposite of what God intended.

There are many ways to avoid the cross...and some of them can get quite creative and clever. But the devil was always a crafty one. Many spirits have gone forth out of the spiritual realm...we are to test the spirits. A spirit that makes sin not sin must be rejected. A grace that takes away the power of God to free us from sin...the real salvation...must be rejected.

We are to choose life and truth. Peace brother <><

Reactions: amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There must be heresies among us so that they who are approved by God can be noticed. Behold is just one of the many heresies warned about by both Paul and John....and Jesus. Taking the words from the bible...then twisting them and turning them inside out so that they mean the very opposite of what God intended.

There are many ways to avoid the cross...and some of them can get quite creative and clever. But the devil was always a crafty one. Many spirits have gone forth out of the spiritual realm...we are to test the spirits. A spirit that makes sin not sin must be rejected. A grace that takes away the power of God to free us from sin...the real salvation...must be rejected.

We are to choose life and truth. Peace brother <><

I'm a sister... LOL

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Except . . . It is no longer I that sin, but sin that lives in me.
Don't let that statement became an excuse for sinning.

There is a lot of unnecessary confusion about this matter. But it is all resolved in Galatians chapter 5, which clearly shows that if Christians do not walk in the Spirit, then they will walk "in the flesh" (which means that they will sin). So if anyone claims that they cannot or do not sin, they are simply deceiving themselves. And "the flesh" is still you, behaving according to your old nature.

Reactions: Jim B

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, i understand that you and most have been badly taught, and you need verses in the bible that talk about sinning, so that you can continue to do it.
However, I dont want you to keep living that failed Christian life, and neither does Paul.

Paul said that if you will walk in the Spirit, you will not sin.

So, you can choose to keep trying to find verses in the bible that talk about "sinning" so that you can keep doing it, and play the repent and confess game, or you can grow up, and stand up, and mature, spiritually.
Im teaching how to do it.
Just read my Threads.
so you don't sin? yes or no

I'll be looking for your reply.

PICJAG.