Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all you badmouthing a man being saved ONCE and forever...

You have OMMITTED, revealing your own personal experience...

How MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN SAVED?

I've asked you before, and you didn't answer.
Does that mean...."in other words"
YOU Don't KNOW?
I'll let you know when I'm in Heaven.

The Bible says that I am BEING saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).
It ALSO says that I WILL BE saved (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).

It's a process - not a one-time, slam-dunk event . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was Catholic I never felt saved ! "maybe 2 min. after the confession"
nothing about being a Christian........ I would have said the same
when I was young...... Teaching was so much about being Catholic.........
That's because Salvation is a process - not a one-time event (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15, 1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).

Once you understand what Scripture has to say about it - you shouldn't be confused or frustrated.
Oh, that's right - you never read the Bible as a Catholic . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A young teen boy, a friend of my sons was at our house one day. I asked him if he was a Christian....and no kidding; he piped right up and said no, "I'm Catholic"!
I asked how he became a Catholic...he said, he was born a Catholic!
Crazy teaching!!
God Bless,
Taken
It's not a crazy teaching.
Like YOU - your friend was ignorant.

Nobody is "born" Catholic.
We become Catholic at Baptism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.
Casting out a demon, or healing the sick are simply examples of miracles BY THE POWER OF GOD.
There are other miracles effected by the POWER of God....
A good example is in Exodus 7....
Aaron threw down his staff before Pharaoh, and BY THE POWER of God, it became a serpent.
Pharaoh called in his sorcerers, who threw down their staffs before Aaron, and BY THE POWER OF God, they became serpents.
There IS NO POWER, but of God. Rom 13:1You are the one in error, like your are repeatedly.

You simply did not learn the lesson. And then embarrass yourself, by spouting off without understanding.
ALL power comes from God, regardless of WHO is doing WHAT.
A man WHO is submitted unto the Lord, HAS CALLED on the Lords Name, and confessed heartfelt belief in Him.
And such a man who IS SAVED and USES Gods Power to do His Will shall be rewards.
And a man who IS NOT SAVED shall have his Words devoured and destroyed.
Oh ya, AND Arron's Serpent...devoured the Pharaoh's sorcerers serpents!
You are without understanding.
More ignorance . . .
Rom. 13:1
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no
AUTHORITY except that which God has established.

And NOWHERE does Exod. 7 say that Pharoah's magicians turned their staffs into snakes by the power of God.
Jesus "COULDN'T" ?
Wow.
Yup - the Bible says He COULD NOT perform miracles in Nazareth because of the lack of faith:

Mark 6:5-6

He COULD NOT do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.
He was amazed at their lack of faith. Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village.

You REALLY need to study the Scriptures . . .
Well personally I think

Actually - you don't . . .
healing the sick is a pretty awesome miracle, which Jesus DID do in Nazareth, and the people who saw were Astonished!
So what do YOU mean...
"Jesus couldn't "EVEN" perform miracles in His own home town of Nazareth" ?
As I educated you above - the verse says that he "COULD NOT DO ANY MIRACLES" there.
If you wanna argue wit the Word of God - be my guest . . .
Oh good grief, here we go again...Talking about being SAVED, and you change the subject to FAITH.
Can't you stay on TOPIC?
Good grief....not a newsflash, UNSAVED MEN can HAVE faith and fall away from faith, so what?
You said they were SAVED, and then fell away, which is FALSE!
And, as I've had to school you several times now - Salvation is a process (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15, 1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk in a complete thought.
"Them" ? "WHAT is "them"
Are you really this dense - or is this just an acts??
YOU said: "The Lord accomplished MANY things on the Cross."
The "them" are the "many things" that YOU spoke about, Einstein . . ..
And? Not a mind reader. Am I supposed to guess what YOU define "cooperating with His Grace" to mean?
Cooperating with his grace is obedience, Einstein.
Yipes, you actually acknowledged, my own claim!
Awe, then you add in your words and try to vomit them on me. Eat your own words, they are your words, not mine.
Hey - you're the one inventing a different "god" than the God of the Bible - not me.

YOUR
man-made god drags people into heaven against their will.
The God of Scripture gives us the choice . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was Catholic I never felt saved ! "maybe 2 min. after the confession"
nothing about being a Christian........ I would have said the same
when I was young...... Teaching was so much about being Catholic.........

I have asked two different practicing Catholics on this forum...without an answer.

WHAT the it method of a Catholic becoming saved and born again?

Thanks,
God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU said: "The Lord accomplished MANY things on the Cross."
The "them" are the "many things" that YOU spoke about, Einstein . . ..

Your post had no reference.

Cooperating
with his grace is obedience, Einstein.

Obedience to WHAT?

Hey - you're the one inventing a different "god" than the God of the Bible - not me.

Hey that's just your unfounded FALSE accusation.

Like all the rest of your FALSE accusations...they are FALSE!!

man-made god drags people into heaven against their will.

Your ignorant thoughts, Your ignorant words, be a big boy and be responsible for your own words.

The God of Scripture gives us the choice . . .

WOW, like that has not been already said and discussed at length.

Ding, ding, ding.....What do you think a man is doing when He CALLS on the Name of the Lord......"calling dominos?...LOL

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a crazy teaching.
Like YOU - your friend was ignorant.

Nobody is "born" Catholic.
We become Catholic at Baptism.

My sons friend was "CATHOLIC"...born catholic according to him.

So again, How many times have you been SAVED?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yup. And that God is named satan.

Isaiah 5 20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
Even in ignorance.
Just wait for the end of all things...and let God have the final word.

Reactions: Taken and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whatever.....
Seems not many are concerned with speaking blasphemy against Jesus or even the Holy Spirit....that does trouble me somewhat....I know we have been brought up with rights to opinions, but when it comes to God, our opinions mean little...Rather then people speaking these things, against Him, I do believe they need to take a little care before they blurt out some of the things they come out with...One day they will stand before Him, looking into His eyes....I wonder what they will see then ?

Reactions: Helen

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
This verse is speaking about SALVATION - and NOT redemption.

Same thing Bread... I found great synonyms for "redemption" on the new Thesaurus.com!

Salvation and redemption are both in Christ and what He did on the cross, not what we do. The ransom has been paid in full. This is why salvation is a gift.

Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem (lutroó) us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

1 Pet 1:18-23 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed (lutroó) from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God. 22Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. 23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

lutroó: to release by paying a ransom, to redeem
Original Word: λυτρόω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: lutroó
Phonetic Spelling: (loo-tro'-o)
Short Definition: I ransom, liberate, deliver
Definition: I release on receipt of ransom; mid: I redeem, release by paying ransom, liberate.

Rom 8:22-25 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption (apolutrósis) of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption (apolutrósis) through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption (apolutrósis) of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption (apolutrósis).

Col 1:12-14 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption (apolutrósis), the forgiveness of sins.

Heb 9:14-15 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! 15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom (apolutrósis) to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

apolutrósis: a release effected by payment of ransom
Original Word: ἀπολύτρωσις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apolutrósis
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-ol-oo'-tro-sis)
Short Definition: redemption, deliverance
Definition: release effected by payment of ransom; redemption, deliverance.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll let you know when I'm in Heaven.

The Bible says that I am BEING saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).
It ALSO says that I WILL BE saved (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).

It's a process - not a one-time, slam-dunk event . . .

Learning ABOUT the Lord is a process...
Already talked about at length.
A short recap for the ignorant.

First one HEARS the name of the Lord.

Then one LEARNS ABOUT Jesus.

The one WHO IS LEARNING ABOUT Jesus.
....is being given faith.

Once the man HAS RECEIVED enough FAITH
...that man is PREPARED to CALL on the Lord and CONFESS his Heartful Belief in the Lord.

NOW the man DECIDES;
Call on the Lord.....OR NOT.

It's not a flippant decision.
It IS A ONE TIME decision of the man using his own FREEWILL to Choose the Lord or NOT.

A man WHO, does not Choose the Lord...
Chooses to NOT Believe, (walks away from learning ABOUT the Lord)
That man Falls from (receiving) Faith from God.
That man HAS LOST His (opportunity to receive) Salvation.

( Some people are ignorant, NOT KNOWING, Salvation was provided FOR ALL. A man who DOES NOT RECEIVE HIS SALVATION, LOSES IT.
Some people are ignorant, NOT KNOWING, Faith from God is given to ALL, WHO Keep following and Trusting in the Word of God, and those who STOP following, STOP trusting His Word IS TRUE, FALL AWAY from receiving faith from God).

A man WHO, DOES CHOOSE the Lord;
CALLS ON THE Lord;
TO CONFESS his Heartfelt BELIEF.
IS whollly Forgiven; By Jesus' Blood.
IS wholly Saved/Healed; By Jesus' Stripes.
IS bodily Dead; By Crucifixion with Jesus.
IS bodily Cleansed; IN Jesus' Blood.
IS wholly Sanctified; By Christ's Authority
IS wholly Justified; By Christ's Authority
IS born again; By Christ, the Seed of God.
IS MADE Wholly, holy, WHOLE,
.....By Christ WHO IS, the Power of God.

IS FOREVER with the Lord.
SHALL be raised to the clouds IN a Glorified Body.
SHALL "SEE" His Lord, His God, AS HE IS.

A man WHO has "Completed" the "PROCESS";
"IS" Saved, ONCE and "FOREVER".

A man WHO IS STILL "IN THE PROCESS" ...HAS NOT CALLED ON the Lord with heartful belief...

AND...

IS in Danger of LOSING Salvation....
DUH!! Because the Dude NEVER called on the Lord TO CONFESS his Belief "IN" the Lord.

BOL, Since you are STILL "in the Process"...
No wonder you Challenge your being Saved.
You Should.
And No wonder WHY, your understanding of Scripture is a FAIL.

Many of the adults on this FORUM "HAVE competed the Process"....Their Salvation IS Already Accomplished and Kept, "BY" the Indwelling POWER of the Lord, WHO is with them FOREVER.

"THEY" Already HAVE direct ACCESS to be given the Lords Understaning OF His own Word.

"THEY" (unlike you), are ALEADY, preparED TO serve the Lord, ACCORDING TO HIS WAY, (unlike you, unprepared, and think you are serving the Lord with the understanding of your carnal mind, which IS YOUR WAY, and a FAIL.)

Rom 8:7
BECAUSE the carnal mind is AGAINST God...

You should STOP trying to pretend you ARE the teacher, and BE THE STUDENT, and learn the Truth, and become Saved and Born Again.

It's embarrassing to watch you day after day tout yourself as A teacher, while you yourself wonder IF you ARE saved.

You SHOULD go learn WHO the TEACHER IS!
Because it is NOT YOU.
It IS the Lord Jesus Himself!

And IF you go LEARN the TRUTH, you would ALSO Learn WHO, the TRUE HOLY FATHER is...
Cause it AIN'T some earthly man elected By earthly men!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More ignorance . . .

Yes you are ignorant.

Rom. 13:1
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no
AUTHORITY except that which God has established.

And when you become SAVED, (like many others HAVE, on this forum)...you will have subjected yourself to Gods governing Authority.

And NOWHERE does Exod. 7 say that Pharoah's magicians turned their staffs into snakes by the power of God.

Awe. Do you require, like an elementary student; to be REPEATEDLY TOLD, ALL POWER IS FROM GOD?

Yup - the Bible says He COULD NOT perform miracles in Nazareth BECAUSE of the lack of faith:

Awe. The self-proclaimed "teacher" fails AGAIN.
"EXCEPT lay his hands on a few sick people and HEAL THEM"

Too bad "TEACHER" (lol).
You "TEACHING" he COULD NOT perform miracles IS A FALSE!

But, nothing new; you regularly "teach" what is FALSE.

The FACT IS; He DID perform the MIRACLE of
Healing a few of the sick...and NO "OTHER" Miracles were performed.

Also self-proclaimed "teacher", YOU CHANGED Jesus being "AMAZED" to "BECAUSE". Tsk tsk, trying to rewrite scripture.

Mark 6:5-6

He COULD NOT do any miracles there, EXCEPT lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.
He was
AMAZED at their lack of faith. Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village.

You REALLY need to study the Scriptures . . .

LOL -
LIKE YOU? Ignorant of the EXCEPTION?
LIKE YOU? Changing Scripture of Jesus' amazement to BECAUSE?

NO THANKS, self-proclaimed "teacher" of False teaching.

As I educated you above - the verse says that he "COULD NOT DO ANY MIRACLES" there.

Awe, the self-proclaimed "educator"...OF FALSE TEACHING.

If you wanna argue wit the Word of God - be my guest . . .

Argue with God? How ignorant.
Scripture reveals the TRUTH.
You as your own "self-proclaimed" teacher, teaches AGAINST the WORD of God.

And, as I've had to school you several times now - Salvation is a process (Matt. 24:13, Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15, 1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).

Oh here we go again...."the self-proclaimed teacher", who doesn't KNOW IF he is Saved, is the expert "teacher" on Salvation...LOL

Laughable.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God's message to us was all about staying out of Hell...in the big book He has written and left to us as a pattern on how to do that...one would think that right away...in GENESIS He would do so!!!
When God placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, He never mentioned the concept of eternal torment to them. Read for yourself.....it’s just not there. Don’t you think it strange that as human history began on this planet, while God explained which tree they could not eat of, that He didn’t give the parents of all mankind some kind of warning about eternal punishment.
When God placed Adam and Eve in the Garden, He never mentioned the concept of eternal torment to them. Read for yourself...did He somehow forget this very important point?? :rolleyes: ..it’s just not there. Don’t you think it strange that as human history began, and, while God explained which tree they could not eat of, that he didn’t give the parents of all mankind some kind of warning about eternal punishment, IF there was potential for it to be in their future, and ours??

Think it strange Adam was not told about Hell?

Not at all.

I would THINK is very strange for a Parent to teach their New-born child about Hell.

Adam wasn't a New-born, but he was newly created.

Adam was being taught good things...
Same as a parent is supposed to do.
Adam was Warned, don't touch this tree...
Same as a parent is supposed to do.

Why would a NEWLY created "thing", be prepared to comprehend the death of the body, and departing of the living soul TO heaven or hell?

3/4 of the bible does NOT mention hell fire and torment...

The OT begins teaching men good things; that all good things are OF, FROM, BY God.

We find the results of men who choose to follow after Gods good things;
And Gods blessings, toward men who choose TO follow after Gods good things.
And Gods disappointment and anger toward men who choose to NOT follow after Gods good things.

Heaven IS Gods Throne; Gods estate.
Earth IS Gods Footstool; Mankinds estate.

God dwells ON THE GOOD, and teaches man to do the same.

OT - heaven mentioned 441 times.
OT - hell mentioned 31 times.
NT - heaven mentioned 298 times.
NT - hell mentioned 23 times.

Gods Throne IS impressed, and men from the OT forward LOOKED UPWARD to God, in His Holy Estate.

Such men, WHO LOOK UPWARD to God, hear from Him, learn from Him, follow Him, become Saved by Him; that they WILL participate as an occupant of WHEN HE OPENS His division (between Heaven and Earth) and brings HIS Heaven to Earth, FOR "His" sons, (born again, from His seed) to occupy.

Gods Hell IS taught about, and a place where those WHO REJECT God, shall be cast to, as their estate, eternally Separated from God;
Because they are NOT His "sons", and shall NOT occupy His Heavenly Kingdom ON Earth.

A heavenly created celestial being, was created in his own estate; HEAVEN.
When a heavenly created celestial being; rejects God; he is cast DOWN to earth;
At his final Judgement; he shall be cast DOWN to the center of the earth; ie Hell.

An earthly terrestrial being, was/is created OUT of his own estate; EARTH.
When an earthly created terrestrial being; rejects God; he is cast DOWN to the center of the earth; ie Hell.

There is currently a SEPARATION, between
Heaven and Earth, a firmament, WATER
AND
Earth and Hell, a firmament, WATER

The passing THROUGH EITHER firmament;
Is accomplished ONLY by the Power and Authority OF God.

God IS the ONE WHO Accomplishes REDEEMING what is CLAIMED BY HIM, to His estate, to be WITH Him, AND justified to BE
An eternal occupant of HIS Heavenly estate ON Earth.
or
SENDING what is REJECTED BY HIM, to an estate in the Center of the Earth, (Hell), to be forever WITHOUT Him

Of course the GOOD, is going to be impressed to CHOOSE....and enough information ABOUT hell is revealed, to KNOW it exists, and to KNOW, rejecting God; means Hell Shall become their "estate".

We don't read about any hell until Jesus words about the lusts of our flesh.

Not true. 31 times OT. 298 times NT.

Men were well aware rejecting God, meant becoming subject to Gods anger, and to the extent of being separated from God forever.

People go on and on about how we must obey God, and obey the bible...but they do NOT!! :eek:

Agree. Men say, and do not do, AND do not Trust what the Lord HAS DONE.

Christians talk out of both sides of their mouth...one side they put the heavy weight of the letter of the law- " we must obey God everything He says in the bible He means"...yet out of the other of their mouth they whisper.."but I don't have to really cut of my hand and pull out my eyes."
What a double confused standard!!

The STANDARD is not confusing.
What APPLIES to Whom is not confusing.

It is men without "understanding" and UNKNOWING what APPLIES to Them, and WHAT Doesn't APPLY to them and WHY.

So they ATTEMPT to APPLY ALL of Scripture to themselves and find themselves IN A MESS, of claiming OPPOSITE things APPLY to Them;
When that is false.
Then they ARGUE with other men WHO KNOWS what parts of Scripture APPLIES to "the other man", and which parts DO NOT APPLY.

In the Old Testament, the word for which hell is given in the King James Version is sheol, a word whose root meaning is “unseen.” The King James Version translates sheol as “hell” 31 times, “the grave” 31 times (since someone in the grave is unseen), and “the pit” three times.

Sure. Limited understanding. And using their own language to describe some unseen place, God is teaching to AVOID, and HOW TO Avoid.

Yet in the Old Testament sheol was not exclusively a place of punishment, for faithful Jacob was there (Gen. 37:35, 42:38, 44:29, 31). Righteous Job also longed for it in Job 14:13. David spoke of going to sheol in Ps. 49:15 and Jesus went there, Ps. 16:10 and Acts 2:24-31. In all these cases, these men were “unseen” because they were dead.

Sure. Saved souls of men in the OT, HAD TO WAIT, for Jesus to BE FIRST.

Their saved souls, departed out of their physically dead bodies, were WAITING in the comfort side of Hell.
The comfort side, being WITH Abraham, and all other saved souls, being KEPT BY the Tree of Life.
Their WAIT in hell, came to an end, WHEN Jesus' soul went to hell, and left.
Now, ALL saved souls, that depart their physically dead bodies, go to Heaven and WAIT, for their bodies to be called up and glorified, that their saved soul, and living spirit (also kept in Heaven), shall reimpart into the glorified bodies.
Departed souls and spirits of men, who have physically died, their bodies shall be called to the Clouds to meet the Lord, Glorified by His "FIRE" (of purification) Power and He SHALL have with Him, HIS REWARD ie. their saved soul and quickened spirit.

The New Testament equivalent of sheol is hades, which occurs only eleven times. Like its synonym sheol, the K J V translates the word “hell.” The correct translation is hades, or the unseen.

Sheol, was the COMFORT WAITING PLACE in Hell. And Yes, OT men Longed for their saved souls to go there and be with Abraham in comfort, sustained in life, by the tree of life.

Sheol / hades..... a comfort WAITING place in hell, is no longer necessary. Jesus was first to leave....all departed saved souls, NOW go directmy to Heaven and are Kept there, Wait there, Until their Body is called up to be glorified.

The Bible doesn’t use hades exclusively for a place of punishment.

It WASN'T. However things CHANGED, when Jesus Arrived ON EARTH and ACCOMPLISHED many things; that CHANGED things for A MAN.

Luke 16 pictures righteous Lazarus there.

Uh huh....WITH Abraham, in Comfort, separated by a great fixed gulf...FROM the unsaved, in Torments.

Tartarus Is Also Translated Hell In the KJV

Sheol - a waiting place of comfort, UNTIL a saved soul could go to heaven.
Hades - same thing.
Tartarus - a place of mythical Greek gods death place...often transferred to a place of ANY dead.
Gehenna - the valley of Hinnon outside of Jerusalem, where powerful men burned alive children, whereas their screams could be heard, the stench of burning flesh could be smelled, and was a "picture" men could see and hear and smell and associated that, to what they "imagined" the unseen hell would be like.

Jesus revealed much more knowledge ABOUT hell in His own doctrine.
It is NOT a place of comfort for departed living souls, of men who rejected the Lord.
It IS a place of complete separation from God, His comfort, His beauty, His pleasantry, His Goodness. THAT is their torments, they shall endure UNTIL Judgement.

Does anyone wonder how I really feel about this? :p

No, I do not wonder how you feel about this.

I believe many without understanding are unknowing and have reservations about what they do not understand.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Think it strange Adam was not told about Hell?

Not at all.

I would THINK is very strange for a Parent to teach their New-born child about Hell.

Adam wasn't a New-born, but he was newly created.

That is a very silly thing to say. :rolleyes:
Adam at creation was a man of the Spirit.

Your posts are so L..O...N...G and boring , I stopped reading them all the way through ages ago. I just read the top third now. ( I wonder how many other people do too)
If you can't 'make you point' without so much padding around your point...I just can't be bothered to read such long drawn out posts.