Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"universalism" is the false teaching, the heresy, that the atonement is applied to everyone...
God has one "work" that we are to do, that is required, before he will APPLY the Salvation that Jesus gained for us, 2000 yrs ago.

And what is that "work"?

The "work of GOD, is to believe on Jesus, whom God sent".

You keep ignoring Matthew 7:21. It is not mere belief but faith, which includes actually doing the will of Jesus' God in heaven. It's disgusting to suppose the Gates of Heaven will be breached by mere lip service.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
See Ephesians 2:10. I think that that verse refutes your position on this rather profoundly.

We are MADE for good works.
We are created as a New Creation to be conformed into the Image of Christ.
Of course.

Yet good works wont save you to begin with, so, they can't possible save you at all, or keep you saved.
This means that your water + works, Cross denying Theology, is Galatians 1:8.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You keep ignoring Matthew 7:21. It is not mere belief but faith, which includes actually doing the will of Jesus' God in heaven. It's disgusting to suppose the Gates of Heaven will be breached by mere lip service.

You can't read, or you can't comprehend?
Is it both?

I just gave you the verse that IS THE WILL OF GOD.....

= "that you BELIEVE on Jesus whom God sent".

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot read or comprehend Matthew 7:21 & John 15:1-2.

You remind me of a conversation I had with my ex-girlfriend about commitment. I told her that she is not giving me credit for being faithful 5 days a week for the last 2 years. LOL This demonstrates what faithfulness is not! The standard of REAL faith is action, not lip service.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You cannot read or comprehend Matthew 7:21 & John 15:1-2.

You remind me of a conversation I had with my ex-girlfriend about commitment.

And you remind me fo the typical self saving heretic, who tries to use symbolic verses, (John 15) as literal, to always prove their spiritual ignorance.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Then there are those pesky non-symbolic verses.

What you have to decide, is how much longer you are go to pretend you are the Savior and Christ is just the whatever.

See, you are in public, trying to prove that your self righteousness, your works, and your effort, is what God will accept to keep you.

So, that is "fallen from Grace', theology that is Galatians 1:8.
You became "cursed" the very first time you went to any public forum, and tried to teach WORKS in place of the BLOOD Atonement.
How long are you under this curse?

Listen to me.
You are not the savior. You can't keep yourself saved, and the second you decided you could or had to, you ripped Jesus off the Cross and stuck your self righteous self up there, instead.
Your theology is False and Grace denying.
Your belief system is in opposition to the Grace of God, which makes you an enemy of the CROSS.

See, you think that enemies of the Cross are the Atheists, and they are, but the worst, are "professing believers" who try to convince real beleivers that the Blood of Jesus isn't good enough , and they have to WORK their way into heaven.
The real God Cursed dark lights are those that teach..>"God's salvation is only as good as You are...
Thats you.
Thats justbyfaith.
Thats ferris bueller.

Wake up.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because it can be interpreted to mean that we can come to God apart from faith in Jesus.
You can interpret lots of things in lots of ways if you want to.

What do you think he meant? I think I have a pretty good idea.

Do you suppose BB meant to ask someone you don't believe exists?

Why would you think he meant apart from faith? Isn't the reality that you want to police us all, and catch us in words you don't find fit?

What about seeking to understand others, and to come to understand where we disagree about things, and using that as an opportunity to check our ideas against the Bible? And maybe grow from it?

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have to decide, is how much longer you are go to pretend you are the Savior

Strawman. Ignore Matthew 7:21 at your own risk.

In The Chosen there was an episode that began with Moses making the bronze snake. Upon looking at it, they were saved through that act of faith. The character Jesus said it is the same with him. Jesus is the Savior but even you admit universalism is not valid; Jesus does not save against the will of man.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Strawman. Ignore Matthew 7:21 at your own risk.

In The Chosen there was an episode that began with Moses making the bronze snake. Upon looking at it, they were saved through that act of

Heretics love to try to use some Old Testament symbolic verse to rewrite their false version of the Gospel of Grace, as found in the NT.

Let me help you, mr Strawman, as there is noone else here who can help you like i can.
Thats the reality.

1. When you are trying to discern a verse.....= notice if its symbolic, allegorical, or literal. If its symbolic, then dont twist it into the literal position to try to prove your theological heresy.
Dont do that.
But if you want to see it performed constantly, just read any post by justbyfaith

2. Notice verses in the NT as....>does what it says happen before the Cross was raised or after the Cross was raised.... as this has total spiritual impact on how to discern it, = when seeing it in the time of the Gentiles, vs, it being written before the time of the Gentiles started.

Jesus often spoke "Kingdom" verses that were not directed at the CHURCH< because there was no Church when He spoke many verses, wrangler.

Jesus came to the "House of Israel", the Jews. And much of what He taught, was to THEM.

Newbie believers, and baby Christians, and heretics, often try to use "house of Israel" verses, as Doctrine for the Church, and in this way they prove their spiritual ignorance and that they are Galatians 1:8.

Don't do that.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s misleading to say that I am saved because I believed. Rather, I am saved because Jesus Christ saved me.

Tong

Agree.
The Individual...
Repents and HEARTFULLY Confesses BELIEF...

Jesus Christ...
Responds giving Forgiveness, Saving ones soul, Quickening ones spirit.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Friend...FAITH is a GIFT from God...FOR HEARING His Word.

Beginner Listeners HEAR, and "TASTE" His Word...they are being enLIGHTened...they are getting a glimpse....they ARE partaking of what the Holy Spirit has to Offer...

AND THEY CAN FALL AWAY, stop hearing, stop following, and THEY STOP receiving FAITH, and THEY are no long partaking of the Holy Spirit.

The man WHO CONTINUES, is the man whose FAITH INCREASES...and that man PREPARED to Confess heartful BELIEF...

And men who were learning, were continuously being cautioned...to Continue, to not get side-tracked, to be cautious of others influences....

Remember Jesus' Direction...after the Disciples had heard, learned, believed...?
Tasting was past...time to EAT his Words.

Matt 26:
[26] And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Saved Always Saved
OP^

Who has testimony they WERE Saved and then ... LOST their Salvation?

H 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We focus on this because there are those who are believing that their salvation hinges on themselves and their "works" of "remaining saved".
Is there any one on this forum that believes that works has anything to do with salvation? I don't know of any. But you will find yourself arguing with the Bible if you think someone can sin all they want and go to heaven. The issues that separate us is mainly lifestyles sins......living for sin, instead of Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"all who call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved"

Even that is not entirely accurate. You must call on the name specifically of "Jesus Christ of Nazareth" (Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12).

If you call on any Jesus, you could have the wrong Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:3-4).

Is calling on the name of the wrong Jesus going to save anyone?

I think not.

Playing games, is why you are on a Christian forum.
Games like teaching that water saves, then denying you said it.

Again, there is a difference between saying that "water saves" and saying that "baptism in water saves."

I say again that the water doesn't have any magical properties in it to save a man.

However, going under the water is a most accurate representation of being buried and risen with Christ. Therefore, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins is an identification with Christ in His death on the Cross, His burial, and His resurrection; and as such, it is a confession of Jesus Christ before men that is very powerful.

As for this might save a man or not, go to verses like Matthew 10:32 and Luke 12:8.

Also, You have the indwelling sin.
You've told us.
I dont.

You are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you (1 John 1:8).

We are MADE for good works.
We are created as a New Creation to be conformed into the Image of Christ.
Of course.

Yet good works wont save you to begin with, so, they can't possible save you at all, or keep you saved.
This means that your water + works, Cross denying Theology, is Galatians 1:8.

I am certainly not promoting the idea of salvation by works. I am saying that works are the result of a genuine salvation and the proof that anyone is truly born again.

Those who are born again, the love of the Lord is shed abroad in our hearts (Romans 5:5); and this love is not impractical (1 John 3:17-18). It is also the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within the genuine, born again believer (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

Isn't the reality that you want to police us all, and catch us in words you don't find fit?

I do believe that God has called me to be a watchman according to certain passages in Ezekiel.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well once saved always saved (eternal security) is the only biblical doctrine concerning salvation.

I fear you just do not understand the enormity of Jesus work on the Cross, How helpless man is and how huge the change that takes place.

Sin does not cause one to lose salvation. If it did, then you are publicly declaring that Jesus did not die for all sins, just some or most!
And the deception goes on.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Correct.
Tasted, heard, being (enLIGHTened) with Gods Truth, being given measures of Faith, following, believing, praying along, asking for forgiveness......
BUT NEVER HEARTFULLY BELIEVING ...
BUT NEVER HEARTFULLY CONFESSING BELIEF...

They can even be Baptized IN WATER...
Full well KNOWING they DO NOT BELIEVE IN THEIR HEART...

And a month later, a year later, 5 years later...announce they don't believe...they "used" to be Christian...they said those things to get a girlfriend...they said those things because parents wanted them to....they said those things because parents agreed to pay for college if they went to seminary college.
Men have taken Pastoral "JOBS"... had big congregations....and then after years, announce they never believed.

They make a PUBLIC mockery of Christ's Genuine Offering of Salvation...THAT sheds a Public Shame upon Christ...and they CUT OFF.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beginner Listeners HEAR, and "TASTE" His Word...they are being enLIGHTened...they are getting a glimpse....they ARE partaking of what the Holy Spirit has to Offer...

AND THEY CAN FALL AWAY, stop hearing, stop following, and THEY STOP receiving FAITH, and THEY are no long partaking of the Holy Spirit.

There are many non-beginners who also fell away. Not that long ago, a 50+ veteran of ministry Ravi Zacharias was got falling away.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many non-beginners who also fell away. Not that long ago, a 50+ veteran of ministry Ravi Zacharias was got falling away.

Yes. And there are pseudo pastors "hiding their secret" and some preaching in liberal mode, sneaking in their, anti-Scripture beliefs, and some of the congregates happily going along....YET....they are still calling themselves A CHURCH...
People have hijacked the rainbow, marriage, guess it is not to be a surprise that some Churches are going to be hijacked.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.