ONCE UPON A TIME

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I cannot in all honesty not write this...

Once upon a time God created the heavens and earth. To crown his creation, he added Adam and Eve the first two of the human species. They were as naked as nature intended, totally unhibited in the fact and had a great time producing children. must have been a part of the parcel because there is no record of them being taught everything about the birds and the bees. Definitely not highly stung.

Over a period of time, don't know how many years exactly, along came Tom, Dick and Harry and Joe and Joseph and Mary and Martha and old Uncle Tom Cobley and all. Adam and Eve got put out about this because their snuggling nook by a babbling brook suddenly got a bit crowded. So they decided to move out and try for better times.

They went to a land far, far away and found themselves a two up and two down house as yet not inhabited.

"This will do us," said Eve.
"Yes" said Adam "and I am adamant about that".
So, they settled down again and created another snuggling nook by another babbling brook.

And all went well as the story goes, until they invented theology. Well Adam and Eve didn't but someone did. This theology said I am right, and you are wrong and even if I am wrong, I am still right.

Most people didn't let it bother them as they lived happily ever after. That is until a thing called the Roman Catholic came along and said if you are not one of us you are a heretic. God has shown us the truth and you are mad to think you have any of it.

Well, it may not be the church itself which said that but when man developed writing and computers, some people were in no doubt that they were right and everyone else was wrong and they set to to let everyone know they were king of the castle and the others were the dirty rascals.

On one computer site was a man who called himself "Thee Faith" and he set about correcting and educating all those ignoramuses who though they were right, and he was wrong.

The trouble was, if anyone had the temerity to say so, they were assailed with a verbiage of verses from the bible, which by the way was developed during the Middle Ages. Did I tell you about them? If I didn't, I will leave that for another day.

Apparently, this person thought that if he drowned people with these verses, he would have the upper hand. He must have laughed his way to the alter (did I tell you that where he met with others had an alter? If not, I will save it for another day).

Mind you some spelt it altar, but I am convinced that alter is the correct word as these people decided they were going to alter everyone who disagreed with them. And disagree they did.

They either said you were an idiot because you didn't believe what they did, or they drowned you with verses from the book they thought they wrote and who God had made the keeper of the true meaning of the contents.

Some of these people would send a post containing 500 verses from that book and then say "There you are. I told you I know the truth." What they didn't understand was that no one knew what they were talking about. I mean, anyone can quote 500 verses but what do they mean. Well actually nothing unless you explain what they mean but these people tended not to do this.

So, the end of the story is this. A word in time saves nine. But 500 verses in nonsensical posting without an application or explanation definitely is a waste of time.

In situations like this you definitely need thee faith to help you along and I don't mean him.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot in all honesty not write this...

Once upon a time God created the heavens and earth. To crown his creation, he added Adam and Eve the first two of the human species. They were as naked as nature intended, totally unhibited in the fact and had a great time producing children. must have been a part of the parcel because there is no record of them being taught everything about the birds and the bees. Definitely not highly stung.

Over a period of time, don't know how many years exactly, along came Tom, Dick and Harry and Joe and Joseph and Mary and Martha and old Uncle Tom Cobley and all. Adam and Eve got put out about this because their snuggling nook by a babbling brook suddenly got a bit crowded. So they decided to move out and try for better times.

They went to a land far, far away and found themselves a two up and two down house as yet not inhabited.

"This will do us," said Eve.
"Yes" said Adam "and I am adamant about that".
So, they settled down again and created another snuggling nook by another babbling brook.

And all went well as the story goes, until they invented theology. Well Adam and Eve didn't but someone did. This theology said I am right, and you are wrong and even if I am wrong, I am still right.

Most people didn't let it bother them as they lived happily ever after. That is until a thing called the Roman Catholic came along and said if you are not one of us you are a heretic. God has shown us the truth and you are mad to think you have any of it.

Well, it may not be the church itself which said that but when man developed writing and computers, some people were in no doubt that they were right and everyone else was wrong and they set to to let everyone know they were king of the castle and the others were the dirty rascals.

On one computer site was a man who called himself "Thee Faith" and he set about correcting and educating all those ignoramuses who though they were right, and he was wrong.

The trouble was, if anyone had the temerity to say so, they were assailed with a verbiage of verses from the bible, which by the way was developed during the Middle Ages. Did I tell you about them? If I didn't, I will leave that for another day.

Apparently, this person thought that if he drowned people with these verses, he would have the upper hand. He must have laughed his way to the alter (did I tell you that where he met with others had an alter? If not, I will save it for another day).

Mind you some spelt it altar, but I am convinced that alter is the correct word as these people decided they were going to alter everyone who disagreed with them. And disagree they did.

They either said you were an idiot because you didn't believe what they did, or they drowned you with verses from the book they thought they wrote and who God had made the keeper of the true meaning of the contents.

Some of these people would send a post containing 500 verses from that book and then say "There you are. I told you I know the truth." What they didn't understand was that no one knew what they were talking about. I mean, anyone can quote 500 verses but what do they mean. Well actually nothing unless you explain what they mean but these people tended not to do this.

So, the end of the story is this. A word in time saves nine. But 500 verses in nonsensical posting without an application or explanation definitely is a waste of time.

In situations like this you definitely need thee faith to help you along and I don't mean him.
Oh Bravo @marksman :balloons: It needed saying.
OIP.EuwFx5KWUAdw9rnTGhKmEAAAAA

Reactions: Helen