OUTSIDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THERE IS NO SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We can bury our "talent" in the ground until the Master returns, but we may find ourselves both rebuked and losing whatever it was we had or thought we had.
i thought you abandoned Catholicism, A? Talent = money, until they got done with it, right

if God didn't rebuke Adam, why do we so love to imagine that God is rebuking anyone else? do you think? Or to rephrase, why did the RCC change the def of "talent" to "gift?"
but we may find ourselves both rebuked and losing whatever it was we had or thought we had.
He will not break off a fractured reed, and the lamp that flickers he will not extinguish until he will bring the verdict of innocence

to lean on an obscure Tranny, which i generally avoid

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You defend those who call you cattle, and who absolutely hate you. What an idiot!

Actually our good friend @aspen is very well respected here. As are most members on the Forum Site...many of us disagree with each other on some things, even many things......but at least we all remain in a good spirit and are respectfully friendly while doing it.

Reactions: Richard_oti

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, we warn toddler not to put finger in fire or it will burn and hurt a lot, but then we provide burn cream when toddler does not listen.
God does not do this, even though "skin" might be interpreted that way; God warns, and then allows reaping to occur from sowing. Skin reps "forgiveness" and "grace," but Adam still had to reap from his sowing, right.
but burn cream is like a $billion a year industry now lol

How many parents who read your above words are going to stop ministering to the little burned fingers with burn cream? LOL, but it is not funny, is it? The spiritual message is quite clear for one with "ears to hear" and "eyes to see"

how much clearer will things be seen when our toddler, crying, asks for forgiveness for burning himself, "i'm sorry, dad, i'm sorry," and we tell them "no problem, you are forgiven for doing that, i still love you." period. "but dad, i'm so sorry now, how do i make it go away?" "by not putting your finger in the fire."

Amen! But still parents will not watch their children around open fires or they will not put the matches away or the firearms. This is a practical message, but again it contains a spiritual message.

see, God did not produce a "miracle" to cure Adam, right, but we do that or seek that all of the time, as a rule. This is where the whole concept of an Angry and Vengeful God comes from, imo, God's refusal to produce miracles on demand, and of course it is the same ppl crying "miracle" at the drop of a hat, seeking miracles rather than just expecting them, like gasoline; diff group imo. (of perceptions, not ppl)

People quite often have a very warped view as to why Jesus performed what we as carnal men perceive as miracles. They forget about the most important things. They forget about first things first.

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." Matt 23:23

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i wonder now how many grasp what the leaves even represent; should be church 101, but i don't recall ever hearing a sermon on it

Spiritual Meaning of Fig tree - Bible Meanings
www.biblemeanings.info/Parables/Fig_tree.htm
Now learn a parable from the fig-tree. When her branch is now become tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that the summer is nigh; signifies the first of a new church; the fig-tree is the good of the natural; her branch is the affection of this; and the leaves are truths.

ha yikes, if (you) ever go looking, avoid this guy lol
But then consider the leaves in this verse:

"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev 22:2

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If we bury the gift instead of using it, what is the end result going to be?
indeed. Bad Hermens at the very least, i guess

How many parents who read your above words are going to stop ministering to the little burned fingers with burn cream? LOL, but it is not funny, is it? The spiritual message is quite clear for one with "ears to hear" and "eyes to see"
personally i couldn't imagine not doing so for one of my own kids, ya. Try that on a little Touareg kid, 4 years old, and he is gonna look at you funny tho lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But then consider the leaves in this verse:

"In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev 22:2
ha, different tree tho right, diff leaves

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are an enemy of Jesus Christ! Plain and simple. The only true racists are those who call themselves jews. Everyone else is a goyim, cattle.They are the purveyors of racism, they own the media and Hollywood, they create it and they stoke it.
With such a narrow view are your eyelids ever open at all? It would be an unusual man of flesh who is not a racist at all. Followers of Jesus, who really are His followers, will gradually be losing this racism, killing it as a part of the old man's ways.

It is a very old tactic, divide and conquer, let us fight among ourselves, while they steal and pillage the world. You should do your research instead of being stupid!
Research? Do you really suppose that the greatest researcher in this world of men will fix the problems of men on planet Earth?

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones." Prov 3:5-8

It amazes me, I provide what they say and I am called a bigot and its amazing how just about everyone ignores the evidence, which comes directly from them, in favor of the lie. You defend those who call you cattle, and who absolutely hate you. What an idiot!

The evidence? Do you not mean the evidence of faith?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Heb 11:1-3

Whom would you be calling an idiot? Do you speak from God's throne? Do you know the mind and heart of any man so well? Perhaps it is the idiot, according to one definition of the word, who would be the one most likely to come to the Lord as a child. That would be a good thing then, would it not?

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People quite often have a very warped view as to why Jesus performed what we as carnal men perceive as atonement, too i guess
Absolutely! When we see it in a person with a piece paper making him/her a minister of God, it make one wonder what it was he/she learned in that school.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus @bbyrd009 By his (truth333) profile page it looks like Iforrest either suspended him for a while...or something more permanent. I guess that is what he was talking about in his earlier post when he said 'we are making his work easier for him.
truth333 = Profile page is blank now.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Absolutely! When we see it in a person with a piece paper making him/her a minister of God, it make one wonder what it was he/she learned in that school.
everyone gets what they pay for, i guess.
Can't learn grace from a lawyer, except the hard way, i guess.
the only way, i guess

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really are a moron!
When I was in school several years ago, an idiot was at the very bottom of the IQ scale. A moron was the next rung up the ladder, so this would mean that you have revised your initial assessment of our friend. You must think he is smarter now than when you first evaluated him. Check again in a few days and you may have to rate him as a genius.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@amadeus @bbyrd009 By his (truth333) profile page it looks like Iforrest either suspended him for a while...or something more permanent. I guess that is what he was talking about in his earlier post when he said 'we are making his work easier for him.
it's easy to maybe feel badly or pity for ppl like him or BoL, but this amounts to judgement, believe it or don't.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really do hate to see that happen. We can learn a lot in conversations like this. I am very serious, although I do regret it when someone is unnecessarily injured by another's words.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I really do hate to see that happen. We can learn a lot in conversations like this. I am very serious, although I do regret it when someone is unnecessarily injured by another's words.
another Oracle bites the dust; how many can one site stand?

love to find a forum with two courts and no banning, that would be the only way i could think of

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! We were suddenly aware of our nakedness and that would not do. Why?

At the first we made ourselves our own covering, but that would not and could not accomplish the purpose of covering ourselves. God took care of it for the short run and for long term. Why do we need to be covered? Consider the practical carnal reasons and then relate them to our spiritual needs.

God did not leave us condemned without hope. He had a plan all along and it has always been possible to pass through successfully to the goal He set before us if we were really was concerned with doing so. God gave us time. God gave us tools. God gave what was needed to get started. Additional help was always available for someone who cared enough press in the right direction.

No heresy by the ignorant

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's easy to maybe feel badly or pity for ppl like him or BoL, but this amounts to judgement, believe it or don't.
Yes, it does. It is why I quit the only job I ever had as a moderator on one of these forums. I was too often required to take action against what I believed. I do sympathize with anyone in the job. I always bent over backwards NOT to ban anyone and only to suspend as a last resort. I still wish it were never necessary.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I think with these last few people who have come and gone (..or maybe 'helped' on their way...) has been not so much what they are saying at all, but how they are saying it!
I would bet that they get suspend or banned for 'attitude and rudeness' much more than content.
Lets face it, many of us have 'off the wall' concepts that are not accepted as 'main-line'...but we are not rude and insulting with it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, different tree tho right, diff leaves
Ah, yes, think of how simply complex the scriptures can be or are. Then consider again what trees are before you divide them up according to types.