OUTSIDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THERE IS NO SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes, it does. It is why I quit the only job I ever had as a moderator on one of these forums. I was too often required to take action against what I believed. I do sympathize with anyone in the job. I always bent over backwards NOT to ban anyone and only to suspend as a last resort. I still wish it were never necessary.
imo two courts, and you can only read in one until you can demonstrate forgiveness would be powerful. Dunno how practical that would be though, guess you'd have to start everyone in the inner court, then demote them based upon lack of forgiveness, then remote them, yikes

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think with these last few people who have come and gone (..or maybe 'helped' on their way...) has been not so much what they are saying at all, but how they are saying it!
I would bet that they get suspend or banned for 'attitude and rudeness' much more than content.
Lets face it, many of us have 'off the wall' concepts that are not accepted as 'main-line'...but we are not rude and insulting with it.
I understand and have to agree in the end of the matter, but sometimes this kind of person [with the rude and insulting attitude] is that new thing under the sun [for us anyway] which God uses to make us look at ourselves and our own beliefs again.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo two courts, and you can only read in one until you can demonstrate forgiveness would be powerful. Dunno how practical that would be though, guess you'd have to start everyone in the inner court, then demote them based upon lack of forgiveness, then remote them, yikes
I do not like being the judge. Is that God's mind on the situation? I certainly hope so.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo judging would actually be the standard though, see; you could practically write a prog for it i guess?
Well a program could be written which could handle every situation God's Way, but likely no one God could either write it or completely understand it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
boy, guess i'm in trouble then huh
Ask the police officer who stops you for going 50 in a 35 mile an hour zone where the speed limit sign is blocked by an untrimmed tree. [oops there we are on trees again.]

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ask the police officer who stops you for going 50 in a 35 mile an hour zone where the speed limit sign is blocked by an untrimmed tree. [oops there we are on trees again.]
Absolutely! When we see it in a person with a piece paper making him/her a minister of God, it make one wonder what it was he/she learned in that school.
ha not me, the piece of paper tells me all i need to know, but i agree it should make one wonder, ya

boy, there's about 4 good threads in here the last couple pp i wish someone would pick up

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffice it to say that "truth333" does NOT speak for the Catholic Church - but only for his racist group of anti-Catholic sedevacantists.

The Catholic Church does NOT teach that you must belong to the Catholic Church in order to be saved.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches the following:

"Outside the Church there is no salvation"
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too MAY achieve eternal salvation.337

848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."338

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Damn folks! You are so brutal on each other. It's a tough decision, but frankly I don't want any part of it.

No one should be a racist or a bigot and no one should be charged with such. No one should be insulted and no one should insult. Yet, so many here have been guilty and deny it. Some have not. And I am grateful for that. But we are to be our brother's keeper.

The minute someone accuses another or belittles another it should be condemned by all. Even if it is me. I do my best not to make things personal. Sometimes I fail. But the venom around here is really too deep for me.

Go ahead and amen me. Go ahead and "like" my post, but if you don't stack it up against yourself... Then it's worthless.

As for me... I don't know if I am a good apple or a bad apple in this barrel. But either way I am getting out. At least for a while. At least until the rot disappears.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Damn folks! You are so brutal on each other. It's a tough decision, but frankly I don't want any part of it.

No one should be a racist or a bigot and no one should be charged with such. No one should be insulted and no one should insult. Yet, so many here have been guilty and deny it. Some have not. And I am grateful for that. But we are to be our brother's keeper.

The minute someone accuses another or belittles another it should be condemned by all. Even if it is me. I do my best not to make things personal. Sometimes I fail. But the venom around here is really too deep for me.

Go ahead and amen me. Go ahead and "like" my post, but if you don't stack it up against yourself... Then it's worthless.

As for me... I don't know if I am a good apple or a bad apple in this barrel. But either way I am getting out. At least for a while. At least until the rot disappears.
@FHII, never get discourage. a little leaven, leaven the whole lump. but you're an overcomer. I'll do a little psychiatry on U, since it's your field..... (smile). be like the e-trade commercial, don't get mad, get even. learn, adapt, and overcome. I hope you get my message.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pointing out a person't racism is an admonishment - not an insult.
In case you haven't read his rants - "truth333's" posts are laced with flagrant anti-Semitism which is unacceptable.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@FHII hey there.....I totally agree with you....a whole lot of what people write here, has zero to do with being a Christian and some use the excuse that being rude and brutal, is just their way of telling us we are being 'wrong' and hoping to 'help' us by 'correcting' us or whatever...it is truly pathetic to see so called believers treating one another this way, and like you I think there is NO excuse for it.....Took me some time, to let a lot of it just wash off my back so to speak, but there still are days when all I can do is shake my head and wonder what a new believer coming on the forum would make of it....As long as you hold onto Jesus, that is the bottom line and good for you for speaking up........God bless you.......Pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi FHII, i discovered a long time ago that the rot will never dissapear, not at least untill that time when we are all changed. As long as we have religion, and men refuse to follow after Jesus and teh devils has his hand in things, it wont change. We must all be "in Christ", than we will all be in agreement.

God bless you and may He give you strength.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Suffice it to say that "truth333" does NOT speak for the Catholic Church - but only for his racist group of anti-Catholic sedevacantists.

The Catholic Church does NOT teach that you must belong to the Catholic Church in order to be saved.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches the following:

"Outside the Church there is no salvation"
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too MAY achieve eternal salvation.337

848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."338
YOU don't speak for the Catholic church either.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU don't speak for the Catholic church either.
Sure I do. Everything I present is orthodox Catholic teaching.

If you're referring to my exposing of anti-Catholic lies - people who lie get offended when they are exposed - so that's what makes me unpopular with the likes of you and bbyrd and others.

Like I've said a hundred times: Don't tell lies about the Catholic Church - as YOU have done many times - and you won't hear from me . . .