OUTSIDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THERE IS NO SALVATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt. 7:13, 14, - "Enter ye in at the strait [narrow] gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait [narrow] is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." - KJV.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." - NIV.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." - NASB.

We can see that Jesus is referring to the many who believe themselves to be Christian by his further words at Matt. 7:22, 23 -

22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." - KJV.

The most populous (by far) of all the religions which claim to be Christian is the Catholic Church. It is nearly 10 times larger than any other Christian denomination. Its membership cannot be considered the 'few.'

Reactions: Dcopymope

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know,

It is starting to dawn on me.......the way people talk or write about their view of God / Church / doctrine seems to promote the idea that no one but themselves, is incapable of ‘getting it right’. The didactical nature of presenting the gospel ends up describing a kingdom of one rather than a narrow gate or the Kingdom of God within. Its almost like people are staking out their territory rather than sharing their spiritual truth with others....

I remember going to church camp as a kid and making sure not invite any friends i knew from home - camp was MINE. I loved to talk about the experience with friends when i got home, but never for the purpose of including them in the experience.......it was to share my private happiness, by selfishly talking about it without providing a way for them to join me. Seems to be a trend within Christianity

Funny, Jesus doesnt seem like the exclusive type to me....

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you're referring to my exposing of anti-Catholic lies - people who lie get offended when they are exposed - so that's what makes me unpopular with the likes of you and bbyrd and others.
The same thing that made Saul unpopular untill his conversion.

Enough said

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure I do. Everything I present is orthodox Catholic teaching.

If you're referring to my exposing of anti-Catholic lies - people who lie get offended when they are exposed - so that's what makes me unpopular with the likes of you and bbyrd and others.
Matt. 7:13, 14, - "Enter ye in at the strait [narrow] gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait [narrow] is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." - KJV.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." - NIV.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." - NASB.

We can see that Jesus is referring to the many who believe themselves to be Christian by his further words at Matt. 7:22, 23 -

22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." - KJV.

The most populous (by far) of all the religions which claim to be Christian is the Catholic Church. It is nearly 10 times larger than any other Christian denomination. Its membership cannot be considered the 'few.'
Actually, that's false.
Not ALL Catholics are faithful. As a matter of fact, a large percentage aren't - and don't claim to be.

When you take that whittled-down number and compare it to the hundreds of millions of Protestants in the world - it IS a minority.

You conveniently left out Matt. 7:21 . . .
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same thing that made Saul unpopular untill his conversion.
Enough said
Saul wasn't unpopular for exposing liars.
He was feared for persecuting innocent Christians.

With as many lies YOU tell on a daily basis here - you can HARDLY be considered "innocent" . . .

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This by far, is the best forensic compendium of facts pertaining to the Catholic Faith, with numerous refutations against many errors and heresies throughout history. I don't think that there will be many, that would disappointed after reading it.

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/2nd_edition_final.pdf

Here is a searchable index of the compendium, scroll down to the bright blue Headings index and scroll through what may interest you.

Outside The Church There Is No Salvation | Baptism

Written By Bro. Peter Dimond, O.S.B.
I didn't read the lengthy document either. I'll just say that it isn't left up to the Catholic Church to make such a decision regarding the salvation of people. Salvation comes from God not the Catholic Church. Ps. 62:1 My soul waits for God, from whom is my salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, glad you now understand.

Nuff said.

default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, that's false.
Not ALL Catholics are faithful. As a matter of fact, a large percentage aren't - and don't claim to be.

When you take that whittled-down number and compare it to the hundreds of millions of Protestants in the world - it IS a minority.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Well, as far as the number of people that identify themselves as either Catholic, Protestant, or orthodox Christian, the stats I've seen show Catholics far out numbering all other categories. You can make of that what you will.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, that's false.

The most populous (by far) of all the religions which claim to be Christian is the Roman Catholic Church. It is more than 10 times larger than any other Christian denomination. Its membership cannot be considered the 'few.'

"The number of baptized Catholics grew 1 percent in a year to reach 1.285 billion as of Dec. 31, 2015, the date to which the statistics in both books refer." - https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/04/06/global-catholic-population-tops-128-billion-half-are-10-countries

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/vatican-number-of-catholics-increasing-at-faster-rate-than-rest-of-the-popu

Roman Catholic Church (Latin Rite) - 1,129.9 million (1.13 billion)

The most populous Protestant sect is the Southern Baptist Convention - 16.3 million

Even all the various Baptist sects strung together only equals - 105 million

The most populous (by far) of all the religions which claim to be Christian is the Roman Catholic Church. It is more than 10 times larger than any other Christian denomination. Its membership cannot be considered the 'few.'

Reactions: Dcopymope

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know,

It is starting to dawn on me.......the way people talk or write about their view of God / Church / doctrine seems to promote the idea that no one but themselves, is incapable of ‘getting it right’. The didactical nature of presenting the gospel ends up describing a kingdom of one rather than a narrow gate or the Kingdom of God within. Its almost like people are staking out their territory rather than sharing their spiritual truth with others....

I remember going to church camp as a kid and making sure not invite any friends i knew from home - camp was MINE. I loved to talk about the experience with friends when i got home, but never for the purpose of including them in the experience.......it was to share my private happiness, by selfishly talking about it without providing a way for them to join me. Seems to be a trend within Christianity

Funny, Jesus doesnt seem like the exclusive type to me....

You belong to the exclusive church, the Catholic Church.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought I posted here , but cant find my post....

I was a Catholic for some 50 years and my husband also.........

Our children tried other churches and got us to go to a different church............

And we both got saved......... in our 50's .............

And we finally got a bible and started to read ........... what a big difference .....

Reactions: Butterfly

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as far as the number of people that identify themselves as either Catholic, Protestant, or orthodox Christian, the stats I've seen show Catholics far out numbering all other categories. You can make of that what you will.
Uh-huh, and like I said - "faithful" doesn't simply mean to belong to a group.
The faithful ARE smalling number - relatively speaking.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"The number of baptized Catholics grew 1 percent in a year to reach 1.285 billion as of Dec. 31, 2015, the date to which the statistics in both books refer." - https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/04/06/global-catholic-population-tops-128-billion-half-are-10-countries

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/vatican-number-of-catholics-increasing-at-faster-rate-than-rest-of-the-popu

Roman Catholic Church (Latin Rite) - 1,129.9 million (1.13 billion)

The most populous Protestant sect is the Southern Baptist Convention - 16.3 million

Even all the various Baptist sects strung together only equals - 105 million

Uh-huh - and all this means is that there are a LOT of people who identify as "Catholic."
It in no way shows the number of faithful Catholics.

There are more than 900 million Protestants worldwide, among approximately 2.4 billion Christians. In 2010, a total of more than 800 million included 300 million in Sub-Saharan Africa, 260 million in the Americas, 140 million in Asia-Pacific region, 100 million in Europe and 2 million in Middle East-North Africa.
Protestantism by country - Wikipedia

Would you say that these numbers measure the "Faithful" Protestants??
Try being honest, for a change . . .

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh-huh, and like I said - "faithful" doesn't simply mean to belong to a group.
The faithful ARE smalling number - relatively speaking.

And how exactly do you decide who the "faithful" are? Is there a poll for that too?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm exposing lies - not persecuting "innocent" Christians.
As long as YOU keep it up - I'll be there to expose you . . .
You have bing exposing yourself long enough, everyone can see through you, teh yare not blind.

Do try to have a nice day without all the lies and hypocrisies.

God bless

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have bing exposing yourself long enough, everyone can see through you, teh yare not blind.
Do try to have a nice day without all the lies and hypocrisies.

God bless
That's just it - you have never been able to point to one, single lie.
On the other hand, I have exposed MANY lies on your part.

If you can show me where I lied - even ONCE - I will leave this forum and never bother you again.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's just it - you have never been able to point to one, single lie.
On the other hand, I have exposed MANY lies on your part.

If you can show me where I lied - even ONCE - I will leave this forum and never bother you again.
We have, how many times, yet you are still here. How does one expose the lie too one who believes the lie is the truth, and it is not us you have to worry about, even you too will be judged and that is when it will all come to light.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how exactly do you decide who the "faithful" are? Is there a poll for that too?
For the purposes of the "many" and the "few" - there FAR less faithful than there are Christians by name only.
Only God knows who the faithful are - and that's my whole point.

You guys are saying that there are more members of the Catholic Church than any Protestant denomination - making the Catholic Church the majority. This is false. because there are FAR less faithful Catholic - and Protestants than you can count.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen