Present Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. - 2 Peter 1:12.

There was a fella who had written a book and in that book he broke down the 33 things that happened to a sinner when they got saved. A fellow by the name of Lewis Sperry Chafer. He was also the founder of Dallas Theological Seminary. I have never read the book and don't know much about the man but it is said by those that have studied it that he gave the Crux of Christianity in his 33 things he talked about. Which left alot of room for adding to his observation. Today's understanding you can add to each of the things he brought out like justification, or redemption, or salvation. Understanding can be added to it.

Christianity has made great strides through the years, I like what Peter had to say about it "present truth." Present truth is the word of God opening up to believers, here a little and there a little. The word of God is truth but until you know truth it is just written truth. The same verse can mean something different to you many times as you grow in grace and knowledge.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. - 2 Peter 1:12.

There was a fella who had written a book and in that book he broke down the 33 things that happened to a sinner when they got saved. A fellow by the name of Lewis Sperry Chafer. He was also the founder of Dallas Theological Seminary. I have never read the book and don't know much about the man but it is said by those that have studied it that he gave the Crux of Christianity in his 33 things he talked about. Which left alot of room for adding to his observation. Today's understanding you can add to each of the things he brought out like justification, or redemption, or salvation. Understanding can be added to it.

Christianity has made great strides through the years, I like what Peter had to say about it "present truth." Present truth is the word of God opening up to believers, here a little and there a little. The word of God is truth but until you know truth it is just written truth. The same verse can mean something different to you many times as you grow in grace and knowledge.
@soul man How we need the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth (John 16.13). The Lord Jesus said: "He shall testify of Me" (John 15.26).

I seem to remember there was a magazine called 'Present Truth'.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man How we need the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth (John 16.13). The Lord Jesus said: "He shall testify of Me" (John 15.26).

I seem to remember there was a magazine called 'Present Truth'.

Yes my favorites in John. Chapters 14-16 Jesus tells us what the Holyspirit would do when he came

Reactions: Nancy