Should I use someone’s preferred pronouns if it is not their gender?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because someone who is just seeking to live their life in peace as a trans, I may never know they are trans.
Go to their meetings. You will see all kinds of trans, including the ordinary ones. Talk to them. Post your testimony here. I am interested in how your approach will work.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just an ordinary trans?
Because an ordinary trans will hold a conversation and not demand to be called by their preferred pronouns.

We also in a conversation with a person do not refer to them in the third person pronouns. IN talking about one to others we use the third person pronouns.

A radical trans will trumpet the fact they are trans and demand to be called by their pronouns. An "ordinary trans" is probably just one who wishes to live their life. If I find out they are trans in the course of our conversation, in love I will share the good news of the gospel to them.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you talked to an ordinary trans person?
Not knowingly. If one was, they did not make their "trans" known and their external appearance made me believe they were either male or female. I am not in the business of questioning ones sexuality unless it is apparent form external view that they are a different sex than their clothing appears or some other sign.