Should I use someone’s preferred pronouns if it is not their gender?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you talked to any trans?
not knowingly. But if I did I would call them by their given name, not thier made up name.

As I have said, If I met Bruce Jenner, I would call him Bruce, because before God he is Bruce. If it is good enough for God, it is good enough for me. I seek not to offend or demean, but not at compromising truth.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
not knowingly. But if I did I would call them by their given name, not thier made up name.

As I have said, If I met Bruce Jenner, I would call him Bruce, because before God he is Bruce. If it is good enough for God, it is good enough for me. I seek not to offend or demean, but not at compromising truth.
Will you listen objectively and empathize when you talk to a trans, or would that be a silly thing for you to do?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you listen objectively and empathize when you talk to a trans, or would that be a silly thing for you to do?

As I have said, If I met Bruce Jenner, I would call him Bruce, because before God he is Bruce.
Is there anything more loving than saying God already knows who you are?

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm just saying something similar probably going on
Thanks for the references. To save the effort of your readers, this is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  1. Give the source/citation.
  2. Provide the URL link to the source if available.
  3. Indent the quoted text.
  4. Bold the relevant keywords that are important to the point that you are making.
  5. Be concise and to the point.
This is what I do for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee you it will improve your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it here.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would talk with compassion and love but with truth as we are commanded to do. I desire to see them saved and set free from that lie that is holding them in serious bondage.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would talk with compassion and love but with truth as we are commanded to do. I desire to see them saved and set free from that lie that is holding them in serious bondage.
How will you two communicate without agreeing to use his preferred pronoun? Will they listen to you objectively? Will you listen to them empathically? How are you going to convince them what is true? By denying their way of identifying themselves?

When you have tried your approach, please let me know what happens. I'd be interested to learn if it works.

On the other hand, there is the proven axiomatic approach to argumentation, which I employed when I talked to them. I empathize with them by assuming their definitions. See How to treat LGBTQ+?

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will you two communicate without agreeing to use his preferred pronoun? Will they listen to you objectively? Will you listen to them empathically? How are you going to convince them what is true? By denying their way of identifying themselves?

When you have tried your approach, please let me know what happens. I'd be interested to learn if it works.

On the other hand, there is the proven axiomatic approach to argumentation, which I employed when I talked to them. I empathize with them by assuming their definitions. See How to treat LGBTQ+?
Well your axiomatic approach may work with human issues, but the gospel is supernatural and has its own rules:

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

If I am trying to save them I use the gospel.

Also acceding to their delusion is like teaching a kid there is Santa and going along with them. Eventually the lie ends. Same with trans people. If they get saved, you will have to stop lying to them and tell them the truth about who they are! Using deception to share the gospel is never a good tool.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the references. To save the effort of your readers, this is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  4. Bold the relevant keywords that are important to the point that you are making.
This is what I do for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee you it will improve your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it here.
I did give a link.

You really want me to be more specific?

I think you are paid to brainwash people. Ta-da

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You really want me to be more specific?
Yes, please note the 5 steps.

This is the 2nd time I have asked. Please focus if you are able.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If anyone demands one to use such. They are just like the Nazis were lording it over others, it's a same game of a bag of tricks !
One should dismiss such people and not feed such a one in their regard at all ! A mental issue surely, so just be mindful that you are dealing with a retard. they can not help it ! but it does not mean you should play along with such entrapment ?

One can see people play such on others regarding Sex in working and trying to undermine your position on such a topic.

And the same in regards being a Christian, we see the same deal being played out by morons trying to undermine you 24/7, that's how people who are under Satan roll. So i do not feed them and just dismiss them, for they are a pain ! They are only trying to drag you down ! because they lack virtue in fact and have no Grace.

So i do what Jesus did, and say begone Satan ! I call out such entrapment from it's roots ! as i understand them better than they know themselves.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, please note the 5 steps.

This is the 2nd time I have asked. Please focus if you are able.
I'm literally with @Ziggy

What I said + bot

Also I'm putting on ignore for relief

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not invent the axiomatic approach.

It will work if God wishes it to work. I do not seek out trans people, but will not shy from one if confronted by them.

If I use their preferred pronoun (which I don 't when talking to them- I use their name, or you), then I should keep alive the lies also that Santa and the Easter bunny exist. they are all lies and allowing a person to live in a lie is harmful to them.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me know how it goes. I will be interested in your testimony.
Well then pray as I do that God will send me a radical trans who wears their agenda like a flag. Remember in serving God, especially in evangelism, success is not measured in winning an argument or even seeing a soul won(though that is the most desired result we seek), but in obeying God.