Should I use someone’s preferred pronouns if it is not their gender?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is possible that that person reconciled herself with her savior in her own heart before she passed away.
It's not for us to know. It's up to God to know.
I don't know. I hope so.

There's a huge difference between loving someone with a lie and loving someone with the truth.

Would Jesus have? That's the real question. I believe the answer is no, because he knew the Father first.

Anything contrary to the Father would not have been an option.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. I hope so.

There's a huge difference between loving someone with a lie and loving someone with the truth.

Would Jesus have? That's the real question. I believe the answer is no, because he knew the Father first.

Anything contrary to the Father would not be an option.
Jesus said to the woman caught in the act of adultery. Have any condemned you? After having been shown that they themselves were not without sin. And she said No Lord. And Jesus replied, Neither do I condemn thee, Go, and sin no more.

Sin no more.

They will listen or they will not. Ours is to give the message, not to demand the results.
That's God's job. If they hear the message, God will work in their lives. It may takes days, years, or even in the blink of an eye.
It depends on how open their heart is to hear the message.

All we can do is give them the message with grace and truth, and pray for them.
And us all.
Hugs

Reactions: DuckieLady

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She already told you. Are you a BOT?
If you don't answer my question then I will assume you are.
Because you don't seem to LISTEN very well.

ARE YOU A BOT?
I know that sounded rude and harsh but we been asking Tony here questions and he just ignores us.
He asked several times how to ignore people and we gave hime the answer several times and still ignored us.
That is why I am confronting Tony to see if he is a real person or justa bot.
Please don't take my rudeness and harshness as anything out of anger or disrespect.
I suspect it is a bot. And we deserve an answer.
Hugs

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that sounded rude and harsh but we been asking Tony here questions and he just ignores us.
He asked several times how to ignore people and we gave hime the answer several times and still ignored us.
That is why I am confronting Tony to see if he is a real person or justa bot.
Please don't take my rudeness and harshness as anything out of anger or disrespect.
I suspect it is a bot. And we deserve an answer.
Hugs
I think I agree

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was embarrassed about what I believe and hid the truth because I was afraid, and by doing so, I never gave them the opportunity to hear and decide for themselves.
Its good we examine ourselves so as we do not repeat the wrong things \
At least you know now what not to do . Now hit the trenches dear sister .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should I use someone’s preferred pronouns if it is not their gender?

Sure, I'd use their preferred pronouns. When I talk to them, I don't mind assuming their definitions for the sake of communication.

Moreover, I thank the tolerant Canadians when they talk to me, and I often misuse "he" for "she" and vice versa. Also, I often drop the plural "s" at the end of a noun. In Cantonese, "he" and "she" have the same pronunciation, and there are no singular or plural nouns. It's all the same :)
That is silly. If God made them a man and you call them a she, you are acquiescing to their sin and denying what God made them to be.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is silly. If God made them a man and you call them a she, you are acquiescing to their sin and denying what God made them to be.
BULLS EYE .
folks keep on wondering how on earth things got so bad . entertaining them led to all out rebellion .
a man can ever appease lust , its never filled . It wont be enough . SOON it will demand total obediance unto its agenda .
What began with please just tolerate us in our bed rooms and society has become , WE WILL BURN YOUR CHURCH
and livelhood to the GROUND IF YOU DONT SUPPORT US . you cant pander to evil . wish the churches had figured this out
sooner before they sold out and tried to make deals .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet we got ol tony repeating the same dung pile evangelizing . OH just call them by their pronoun . IT wont work TONY
they coming for blood and soon . SOON the very so called tolerant utopia they sought to build
WILL ABSOLUTLEY be the most untolerant TOWARDS any and all who conformed not .
But this happens when the churches play lets make a deal with the devil . You cant make deals with evil
thinking there wont be a cost . ITS COMING and ITS COMING IN FULL FORCE and SOON .
This world gonna reap what it sold . WE really should have stuck to the gospel and biblical doctrine .
Not to lets adapt to survive in this world . A DEEP PRICE is gonna get paid .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I counsel thee to buy of me GOLD TRIED IN THE FIRE . CHASTISMENTS of great persecutions are on the rise .
And many better be zealous and repent is all i can say .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What precisely is silly? Please quote my words with precision if you can do it. If not, then you have misunderstood my words.
I don't recommend talking to bots.
But that's just me.

@TonyChanYT are you a bot?

please answer the question with precision if you can.
If not, then I have misunderstood you and I appologize.
If yes, then you need to be ignored.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What precisely is silly? Please quote my words with precision if you can do it. If not, then you have misunderstood my words.
Well calling a he a she for sake of communication- that is what is silly. god made men men and women, women. It matters not what a person thinks or believes. If they have so messed up their heads that a guy believes she is a gal, we should not feed their delusion. As believers we are not helping them by giving into their sin.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you familiar with the axiomatic approach to argumentation? Do you think it is silly? See A Disciplined Probabilistic Approach to Biblical Hermeneutics.
I may use all these methodologies . I did not study logic and philosophy in school. I received a bachelors in biblical studies then an advanced degree in Christian counseling.

Sorry, but I believe in using simple biblical arguments, and if they include some of the components you wrote about, fine. If not, it is the Word that is quick and powerful and not some fancy methodology of debate and argumentation.

And to call a he or she is being dishonest with them ands feeding the lie they are ensnared in.

If I ever meet Bruce Jenner (He will never be Kaitlyn) I will tell HIM that when HE stands before God HE will be addressed by God as Bruce, for that is what God made HIM to be! If it is good enough for God, it should be good enough for His children to do.

When people change their gender, they mutilate Gods creation and seek to change what God has made.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think one should use body parts..... even after an operation. What ever they got... so be it.

Easy to say hi penis or hello vagina. They cannot argue with the truth....

Is it a little crude? Sure. But better then fostering there mental declines, IMO

• Haha
Reactions: Ziggy