• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will always... decline to listen to those who refuse to keep God's Word as written. ReChoired's belief in the LIE of Full Preterism, believing that Jesus returned back in the Apostle's days, is a major falsehood of the children of darkness.
It is unfortunate that your view is so narrow and have not availed yourself to information with which you are not now familiar but as ReChoired has stated, you are free to suit yourself.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will always... decline to listen to those who refuse to keep God's Word as written. ReChoired's belief in the LIE of Full Preterism, believing that Jesus returned back in the Apostle's days, is a major falsehood of the children of darkness.
Hi Davy. I wanted to make my position clear, for somehow, a misunderstanding has come about, about what I believe, teach and have already shown. I (as a Seventh-day Adventist) am an Historicist. I do not for a moment believe or teach Preterism, let alone Full Preterism (both of which in the modern day are Jesuit constructs). Thank you for your time.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is unfortunate that your view is so narrow and have not availed yourself to information with which you are not now familiar but as ReChoired has stated, you are free to suit yourself.

I will never... agree with such foolishness as Full Preterism, which teaches the blatant LIE that Jesus' 2nd coming happened back in His Apostle's days. Jesus was with His disciples for 40 days after His resurrection, and then He ascended to The Father per Acts 1, and His Word proclaims His future return, which His faithful Church is still expecting to this day. Those who would try to stain this Truth from Scripture do not belong to Him.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Davy. I wanted to make my position clear, for somehow, a misunderstanding has come about, about what I believe, teach and have already shown. I (as a Seventh-day Adventist) am an Historicist. I do not for a moment believe or teach Preterism, let alone Full Preterism (both of which in the modern day are Jesuit constructs). Thank you for your time.

I place Preterism and Historicism among similar boats, because of wrongly applying Scripture that is still future instead as past history. The idea of the word 'preter' means what is past. Historicism in many ways is used in the same way.

For example, many of the Protestant Reformers were Historicists, applying the pope as the Antichrist, as it is also believed and taught by SDA today. The pope is not the coming Antichrist, nor is the Catholic Church the Revelation beast, nor did Jesus return in the Reformer's day that would have been required to make those wrongful interpretations true.

But neither do I adhere to Futurism, as you might think that's what I must default to since I don't recognize the validity of Preterism or Historicism. I believe what God's Word declares as written, which of course includes history, but I don't look at history first and then go looking in God's Word for a place where it might fit. Instead, I seek to allow God's Word to interpret Itself as I study, and with understanding I then compare it to events that might have been history, or are still yet to happen. It's better to stick to God's Word as written, and let the chips fall where they may.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example, many of the Protestant Reformers were Historicists, applying the pope as the Antichrist, as it is also believed and taught by SDA today.
Thanks for that precious admission. Thus historicism itself has a chain of history connecting it to that which went before, and if followed, exists even before them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for that precious admission. Thus historicism itself has a chain of history connecting it to that which went before, and if followed, exists even before them.

Historicism, like Preterism or Futurism are just categories designed by men. They aren't secret keys to understanding God's Word. The only 'key' is from God Himself by The Holy Spirit.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Historicism, like Preterism or Futurism are just categories designed by men. They aren't secret keys to understanding God's Word. The only 'key' is from God Himself by The Holy Spirit.
Right; the Holy Spirit is required to give understanding of the Prophetic Word.
People up until today are under the spirit of inability to comprehend what the Lord plans to do in these end times, but as Daniel 12:10 tells us; a few will understand.

It is God's secret and He does not want all and sundry to know the future, despite it all being plainly set out in all of the Bible prophesies.
Isaiah 29:9-11 If you confuse yourselves, you will stay ignorant, for the Lord has poured on you a spirit of deep stupor and you have no prophets now. The prophetic Word has become for you like the words in a sealed book.

Isaiah 48:6-8 You have heard what I have said; consider it well, it is the truth. From now on, I will show you new things....because your understanding has been blocked.

Isaiah 56:10-11 The watchmen of Israel are blind and dumb. They understand nothing, all of them going their own way and intent on their own gain.

Jeremiah 23:20 The Lord’s anger is not to be turned aside until He has fully accomplished His purposes. In days to come, you will truly understand.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All (every single one of the) time prophecies in scripture are indeed 'contiguous', and not a single one not so. 70th Week ended in AD 34.
Ezekiel 39 is the infallible eschatology framework. The 7year 70th week fits with it.

Historically, Jesus arrived in Jerusalem, on what is celebrated as Palms Sunday now in Christianity, hailed as the messiah, King of Israel, coming in the name of the Lord. 4 days later, on what is now celebrated in Christianity as Good Friday, Jesus died on the cross for our sake. The 7 year 70th week is still unfulfilled.

upload_2020-11-27_15-13-55.jpeg

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ezekiel 39 is the infallible eschatology framework. The 7year 70th week fits with it.
Infallible? Pope Douggggggggggg? [I must have got something caught in my throat]

I reject your idea that the Gog/ Magog attack commences the 70th 'week'. It simply does not relate to Daniel 9:27.
It will be the total destruction of Gog and his huge army, that will induce the leader of the One World Gove to make a 7 year treaty with the nation in the holy Land.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infallible? Pope Douggggggggggg? [I must have got something caught in my throat]

I reject your idea that the Gog/ Magog attack commences the 70th 'week'. It simply does not relate to Daniel 9:27.
It will be the total destruction of Gog and his huge army, that will induce the leader of the One World Gove to make a 7 year treaty with the nation in the holy Land.
I never wrote that the Gog/Magog attack commences the 70th week. The 70th week immediately follows the destruction of Gog's army.

What begins the 70th week is the confirmation of the Mt. Sinai covenant by the Antichrist, King of Israel/messiah coming in his own name, to comply with Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Allow me to point out that to get to the "seventieth week", one must FIRST transist Dan. 12:4 & 9 which DEMAND End-Time fulfillments; and then explain why the "sevens" which aren't "sevens" -- are "sevens"; then explain why the "going forth of the Word" isn't from GOD which it is, -- but is from a man-king; why History FAILS to fulfill any aspect of Daniels seventy "weeks"; etc., etc., etc.,

But being the TRUTH is an inconvenience, -- maybe LIES will suffice ...
Bobby Jo

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never wrote that the Gog/Magog attack commences the 70th week. The 70th week immediately follows the destruction of Gog's army.

What begins the 70th week is the confirmation of the Mt. Sinai covenant by the Antichrist, King of Israel/messiah coming in his own name, to comply with Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

Where are you getting that idea that Daniel's final "one week" follows the Gog/Magog destruction event???

The Ezekiel 39 destruction of the armies out of the northern quarters, Gog-Magog, with Libya, Iraq-Iran, Georgia, Sudan, and Turkey joined with them going up against Israel to destroy, is on the final day of this present world, and is also the day Jesus returns to gather His Church, and with His army from Heaven to fight that battle, on the 7th Vial (Rev.16; Rev.19). It is the day when Jesus said when you see the armies surrounding Jerusalem, then get out of that area, and those in the countries don't enter in, because it is day of God's vengeance (Luke 21). That battle will literally end this present world and enter us into the world to come when Jesus will reign a thousand years with His elect over all nations.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Right, the final 7 years of this Christian age will come after G/M are destroyed. Perhaps after a month or more likely a year or so.
It will commence with the signing of a 7 year peace treaty between the Leader of the One World Govt and the leaders of the new nation in all of the holy Land. Isaiah 28:14-15 refers to it.
No kings, no Covenants referred to anywhere, you make that up.

Davy; the idea that the G/M attack is the same as Armageddon, is wrong and is easily refuted. The only similarity is the birds and beasts feasting on the corpses. Which is a metaphorical way of describing their fate and ultimate destiny - in the Lake of Fire.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No kings, no Covenants referred to anywhere, you make that up.
It is in the text of KJV.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The weeks in Daniel 9 are shmettiah cycles and hold a Jewish connotation.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Allow me to point out that to get to the "seventieth week", one must FIRST transist Dan. 12:4 & 9 which DEMAND End-Time fulfillments; and then explain why the "sevens" which aren't "sevens" -- are "sevens"; then explain why the "going forth of the Word" isn't from GOD which it is, -- but is from a man-king; why History FAILS to fulfill any aspect of Daniels seventy "weeks"; etc., etc., etc.,

But being the TRUTH is an inconvenience, -- maybe LIES will suffice ...
Bobby Jo
The "weeks" are shemittah (spelled various ways) cycles. The seventy years of Babylonian captivity was in part to allow the land to make up getting its rest (sabbaths) which the Jews had not be observing.

2Chronicles36: 20 And them that had escaped from the sword carried he away to Babylon; where they were servants to him and his sons until the reign of the kingdom of Persia:

21 To fulfil the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her sabbaths: for as long as she lay desolate she kept sabbath, to fulfil threescore and ten years.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is in the text of KJV.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The weeks in Daniel 9 are shmettiah cycles and hold a Jewish connotation.
The KJV is a well proved inaccurate and error ridden Bible. Written in archaic old English, with a 1600's worldview. Trusting it for the truth is a serious mistake.
What is prophesied in Daniel 9:27 is not a 'covenant', but a simple fixed term agreement between two earthly parties.

Believing in Jewish doctrines and timing cycles, is another serious mistake. We Christians put aside those superseded traditions.
It is patently obvious that the G/M attack cannot coincide with the signing of the 7 year agreement.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV is a well proved inaccurate and error ridden Bible. Written in archaic old English, with a 1600's worldview. Trusting it for the truth is a serious mistake.
What is prophesied in Daniel 9:27 is not a 'covenant', but a simple fixed term agreement between two earthly parties.

Believing in Jewish doctrines and timing cycles, is another serious mistake. We Christians put aside those superseded traditions.
It is patently obvious that the G/M attack cannot coincide with the signing of the 7 year agreement.
The weeks in Daniel 9 are shemittah cycles which are part of the Mt. Sinai covenant.