Really awkward and uncomfortable

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to be mopey, but I feel so awkward and uncomfortable like I am a burden and not supposed to be here. I feel really hated and I just want God's reassurance that He is in control and has a plan.

There must be a reason why I log on just in time to view these kinds of threads, Lol.

You ok, sister? "Not supposed to be here" as in on earth? If so trust me, He has a plan. I see it in my own life more than ever. But if you feel caught in the fires again, trust there is a reason. He is purifying you for something important (1 Peter 1:7-9).

If you don't wanna go into detail, I understand. I'll just share something from my own life. I had times during the last year when I felt the same way. I wasn't sure if I meant anything to anyone in the body of Christ even. It's why I had lyrics to this song posted in my signature, as a "note to self." Sometimes you have to encourage yourself if no one else will. It's what King David did in the Psalms.

This was the song that did it for me. You would have to find your own.

Just sharing so you know it's not just you. All the saints of God go through it at some point, but some more than others.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to be mopey, but I feel so awkward and uncomfortable like I am a burden and not supposed to be here. I feel really hated and I just want God's reassurance that He is in control and has a plan.
Fluffy, there are a lot of people on this forum that care about you.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ducky,

This almost makes me cry. How in the world would you think you are hated? I think you are fantastic.

After my being here for about a week, I loved you. I consider you one of my best friends. This is what you give people.

I pray for you often. ♥♥

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's beautiful...

We all have our own ways of dealing with things; our own song. The opening words struck me: It actually is winter right now, and the lack of sunshine has an effect on our moods, making tough experiences even tougher...

I saw your posts about diet and all, so let me just say here: All the above can effect you emotionally, but I think the primarily thing that heals is spending time with the Lord and especially in His word. Ask Him to give you time with Him alone, and keep asking until you receive it. The Great Physician always heals, you just have to get yourself to the Hospital, Fluffy.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ducky,

This almost makes me cry. How in the world would you think you are hated? I think you are fantastic.

After my being here for about a week, I loved you. I consider you one of my best friends. This is what you give people.

I pray for you often. ♥♥
Aw thank you @Cassandra

I will be okay, life has just been rough

Just going to sit and think for a bit

Love you all

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aw thank you @Cassandra

I will be okay, life has just been rough

Just going to sit and think for a bit

Love you all

One quick word (not gonna get preachy here) on that passage I cited for you. Peter ended it with how they were rejoicing even in the midst of their sufferings, and I think this goes back to "think on whatever is of good report." If you can, deliberately stop your mind from thinking about the negatives, and find the good things in your life that you can think about instead. You do have a lot to be thankful for, you just have to look for it, and if you go to Him in prayer He will remind you.

7 that the proof of your faith, [being] more precious than gold that perisheth though it is proved by fire, may be found unto praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ: 8 whom not having seen ye love; on whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice greatly with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9 receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm happy you returned for more here. You're a refreshing and pleasant person. You're needed here!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The GOOD LORD is in control dear sister . And you are dearly loved . Now raise those hands and have all hope in the LORD
and let the glorious Lord be praised .

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can reassure you God is in control and has a plan.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Prayers Ducky... Bless you. You really encourage me. I feel like we are on the same wavelength sometimes.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can reassure you God is in control and has a plan.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Prayers Ducky... Bless you. You really encourage me. I feel like we are on the same wavelength sometimes.
Thanks @Mayflower ! I feel that a lot, too!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys,

I apologize- I didn't mean here specifically. You all are great. I meant at home, but I am getting some lovies from this little guy who came to me to get some attention.

It's healing.

8032897870369893.jpg

I had it in my mind to name him Otis.

I dont know what to do with him yet, but I had to show him off with cute little black nose for the awws

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guys,

I apologize- I didn't mean here specifically. You all are great. I meant at home, but I am getting some lovies from this little guy who came to me to get some attention.

It's healing.

8032897870369893.jpg

I had it in my mind to name him Otis.

I dont know what to do with him yet, but I had to show him off with cute little black nose for the awws
What a cutie!!!!!♥♥

Reactions: DuckieLady

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I say, don't believe the voices and definitely don't believe that its God who is putting you through the paces.
A God who dies for your sins only has thoughts of kindness towards you; he's known you since the womb and that better than you know yourself and he still says to you, my precious Princess who I can't bear to be without; I have your picture on my fridge and every time I look at it I think, won't be long now.
Any accusing voices come from the accuser. Your Jesus is your Saviour, not your accuser.