Really awkward and uncomfortable

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry that you are feeling this way Fluffy, I cannot imagine anyone hating you in your life away from this forum. I have often hated myself and journeyed through many wondering paths where I lacked assurance that
things would knit together. Maybe those ‘ little paths ‘ still beckon to me at times……whenever you are low, remind yourself that you are a daughter of the king. It helps me when I am feeling insignificant in this world, judging myself or circumstances lead me to think all kinds of things about myself.
Rita xx

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to be mopey, but I feel so awkward and uncomfortable like I am a burden and not supposed to be here. I feel really hated and I just want God's reassurance that He is in control and has a plan.
I love your picture. It touches me.

Just so you know that you aren't alone, I have felt this way my entire life. I take comfort from what our brother Paul said.

Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

Right now, I am focused on "ambassadors," which strongly implies something related to how you and I feel, I think. If you think about it, an ambassador is an official representative to a foreign country. Thus, if Paul was an ambassador of Christ to the entire world, then Paul considered the world itself to be a foreign country.

That's how I feel about it. I don't belong here, but I AM here with a job to do. Living in this world is like living in a foreign country, with all kinds of strange customs and thought patters that I must suffer, while I attempt to minister to them.

Right?

Anyway, I get lost in thought sometimes. And sometimes it takes me awhile to find my way home again. :)

Follow my voice. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to be mopey, but I feel so awkward and uncomfortable like I am a burden and not supposed to be here. I feel really hated and I just want God's reassurance that He is in control and has a plan.
I missed seeing this yesterday. I am also praying for you, dear beloved sister in Christ. Consider this:

"But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble." Psalm 59:16

And this:

"Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:4-5

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Aw Fluffy,
Both you and I have similar issues and thoughts about ourselves, neither am I very comfortable in my own skin and seem invisible to most. Even in the church.
It's a battle, for sure. Sure would be nice to know what His plan are for our lives but, then faith would be for nothing. I too take comfort (sometimes much aggravation too, lol) in my 3 mini schnauzers. There is as least life in the house and I prayed many, many years back to one day HAVE 3 of them and, I did not remember that until a bit after adopting the 3rd. It was a WOW moment. So, His timing is perfect but, with the more important issues like, our trials, sadness, tears, and fear are much more difficult to see through. I too am going through something that might throw me over the edge, literally but, I take comfort in the fact that my family and Christian friends are praying and, on my part...TRUST.
I do hope you will find comfort in the fact there are many here who love you, you and I have not had much interaction on here but then, I don't post a whole lot either.
God bless and keep you in His comfort sister.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister nancy is NOT a calvinist and that by Choice .
I get tickled every time i see that sister .
Now let all that draws breath make a free will offering of praise unto the glorious LORD .
yes indeed . Hands up and let the praises and thanksgiving begin unto the glorious Lord .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I missed seeing this yesterday. I am also praying for you, dear beloved sister in Christ. Consider this:

"But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble." Psalm 59:16

And this:

"Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:4-5
Put those hands up and let the praises with thanksgiving unto the Lord begin ....
To HE we owe all .

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What made a big difference in my life, and has given me confidence, is putting more focus on "obedience" in my relationship with the Lord. There was a time I tried to be his friend, without giving much consideration to doing things his way.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister nancy is NOT a calvinist and that by Choice .
I get tickled every time i see that sister .
Now let all that draws breath make a free will offering of praise unto the glorious LORD .
yes indeed . Hands up and let the praises and thanksgiving begin unto the glorious Lord .
Lol, thanks brother. I hope it does not throw off some into thinking that I AM one, hope they recognize that comma!
Glad you understood it! :)
Love and prayers your way!

Reactions: amigo de christo

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan

Hello, you are welcome here and God has shown you His great love. Also the body of Christ, which are the brothers and sisters around the world, who love Jesus, also do not think you are a burden. Please know this.

I understand these kinds of negative thoughts too.

Dear Jesus, please help this person to know that they are welcomed and loved and accepted. Please help them to learn and keep growing in Your Grace Lord. Thank you for having them here with us and please bless them today. We pray that in Jesus' name. Amen.