reducing anti-psychotic medication

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hi everyone, So I spoke to my psychiatrist and she said that I could try reducing my dose 0.25mg/week and that sounds intense as I've never reduced it per week but more like 1-3 months later so she said medically it doesn't show to be a problem but she didn't say clinically it has not been a issue. I hope it goes well as I increased it from 1.75mg to 7.5 as a backup bc I got extraordinary OCD relating to bad things and events after switching to another medication and I took the anti-psychotic to begin with due to extreme feelings of anxiety about two situations. I've been sleeping too much on this dose and feeling unmotivated so I hope this works and prayers are answered in my favor. Thank you all for your spirit-filled prayers for this to work. :( I only want true Christians to pray for me, those who believe that we are saved by grace through faith and works led by the Spirit, blessings

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
hi everyone, So I spoke to my psychiatrist and she said that I could try reducing my dose 0.25mg/week and that sounds intense as I've never reduced it per week but more like 1-3 months later so she said medically it doesn't show to be a problem but she didn't say clinically it has not been a issue. I hope it goes well as I increased it from 1.75mg to 7.5 as a backup bc I got extraordinary OCD relating to bad things and events after switching to another medication and I took the anti-psychotic to begin with due to extreme feelings of anxiety about two situations. I've been sleeping too much on this dose and feeling unmotivated so I hope this works and prayers are answered in my favor. Thank you all for your spirit-filled prayers for this to work. :( I only want true Christians to pray for me, those who believe that we are saved by grace through faith and works led by the Spirit, blessings
Are there any special words that you like?

I collect words like this one, which has been a very helpful word for me at times:
ca·thex·is
(kə-thĕk′sĭs)
n. pl. ca·thex·es (-thĕk′sēz)
Concentration of emotional energy on an object or idea.
[Greek kathexis, holding, retention, from katekhein, to hold fast : kat-, kata-, intensive pref.; see cata- + ekhein, to hold; see segh- in Indo-European roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are there any special words that you like?

I collect words like this one, which has been a very helpful word for me at times:
ca·thex·is
(kə-thĕk′sĭs)
n. pl. ca·thex·es (-thĕk′sēz)
Concentration of emotional energy on an object or idea.
[Greek kathexis, holding, retention, from katekhein, to hold fast : kat-, kata-, intensive pref.; see cata- + ekhein, to hold; see segh- in Indo-European roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
No, I don't want it to be complicated. I summarized it well. I hate it myself when I see a lot of writing and I'm not motivated so I made mine as short as possible, thanks a lot.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord spoke this to me a while ago. Take some of it, all of it, none of it, and be encouraged. :)

Seek a reason to unwind.
In this season, you will find,
Give to others and it will seem,
That you are living in a dream.

While you're down there on your knees,
I will listen to your pleas.
When you go, I'll be with you,
So others will be made brand new.

Just before you pass away,
I will save you from the grave.
Seek the Lord with all your heart,
And I will bless you from the start. - Truman Coates