Religious Liberty!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
no there is a great apostasy happening and much of what people think is the true church ain’t so

Is there an underground Catholic Church?

no one is free to choose religion or worship whatsoever the like

I believe everyone is free to choose religion or worship whatsoever they like. Most of the world has chosen to turn away from my God. There are consequences for making that choice.

the first commandment forbids this ex 20:2-6

The commandment was given to the Jews at Mount Sinai.

religious liberty is insanity!

What keeps the apostate Catholic Church from crushing you?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing Catholic popes stepping in USING the Name of Jesus (to CONDEMN men), beyond what the Lord authorized any man to USE the Lords NAME.

Matt 7:
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Fact IS. Jesus IS the Judge.
Fact IS. God Himself gives every man his OWN Freewill of Choice.

Seems little ‘ole entertainers singing about Liberty have a greater understanding of the Lord than self-appointed, self-proclaimed, self-pious, crowned, pedestaled, cowered to Gentile popes Improperly USING Jesus Name, sentencing condemnation. :eek:

Those entertainers are supposed to be Christian and catholic!

now go read the first commandment ex 20:2-6 and tell me you have a choice! A free will!

Paul gives an anathema in this verse???

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42
1 Tim 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmmm. Thank you again @theefaith for revealing your true character as opposed to the fake Catholics elsewhere on this site. You have shown the true character of your catholicity by denying the blood of the Lamb as the basis for our justification, replacing it with your works and self efforts.
Thank you also for your frankness in admitting before us all the true Antichrist nature of the Catholic gospel... Replacing Christ for the forgiveness of sin with your counterfeit priesthood.
All those protestants and non denominational folk here who have been sitting in the fence regarding ecumenism, and thinking that perhaps the Catholic Church has changed (a-la the agreement between Lutherans and Catholics from 30 odd years ago) but you have clearly, succinctly and honestly revealed the truth for all to see and take note... That the Catholic Church has not changed, that the Catholic Church is still exactly that which inspired the Protestant reformation...
  • That the Catholic version of justification is not biblical, nor Christian.
  • That the Catholic version of the gospel is not biblical, nor Christian.
  • That the Catholic methods for disseminating the gospel is still, after 1500 years, still based on pagan methods... Force and compulsion.
  • That the reformers accusations, going back as far as the Waldensians of the 3rd century until adventists of today, are correct. The system of catholicism which replaces truth with error... The high priest role of Jesus with a counterfeit priesthood... The intercessory and mediatorial role of Jesus with Mary, numerous saints and works, is the essence of Antichrist.
  • Finally, that catholicism is still, as she always has been, a persecuting power.
Thank you theefaith for confirming all that with some was in doubt, and encouraging us all to stay the heck away from you and your church at all costs.

ok you had you’re little fun, tell me how the SDA (satans denomination advances) is the one true church founded by Jesus Christ?

Does it fulfill requirements of the true church?

One:
Holy:
Catholic universal:
Apostolic:

I’ll wait!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is exactly what is going to happen when the church unites with the state. This mind set is one of persecution.

Jesus never forced Himself on anyone. Man was to have a choice.

The Catholic Church is recognized by world leaders. Once unity is attained, it will be this church who takes their beliefs and forces it on those who do not believe. Look at the recent change in the relationship of Protestants and Catholics, and the discounting of the Reformation.
You may have to die for refusing to go along. This sounds preposterous, until you read what @theefaith writes.

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

do you agree?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go. The problem though is that the doctrines and dogmas and practises that you would promote as being enforced in a so called "Christian kingdom" fails in 2 major points. First, the doctrines aren't Christian. They are most certainly Catholic, but Catholics throughout history have persecuted and sought to destroy true Christian faith everywhere. The Catholic faith is the satanic flood that was spewed out of Satan's mouth in an effort to destroy God's people who were in the wilderness. The wilderness church was always the true church, the church that was apostolic, the church that had the genuine scriptures that was handed down generation to generation. The Catholic Church of Rome, Alexandria, was the late comer, and the usurper of the true faith and Antichrist.

I suppose you think the Albigensian’s were
“true Christians “???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of Europe was Catholic yes. Christian, no. There were pockets of Christians who had kept the faith, but they were in the wilderness, persecuted and constantly harassed and either dispossessed of land and houses, or killed. Throughout the 1260 years of papal supremacy from the 6th century, the above had been the case, along with the slanders and lies spoken of concerning those true heroes of the faith by the Roman hierarchy, even to this day.
The only methods Rome knew that enabled the Catholic heresies and superstitions to flourish, was the fear of reprisals and war to anyone who refused to submit to the popes. There are numerous examples, of both individuals and communities who chose to exercise their God given liberty of conscience to worship according to scripture without the vain Antichrist traditions and practises of the Papacy, but we're persecuted for their efforts. It was among those communities that the true faith lived in the true Spirit of self sacrifice, love, and truth.

the true church is universal not a few fundamentalists here and there and it’s apostolic
Full apostolic succession from Christ to the valid bishops today

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those entertainers are supposed to be Christian and catholic!

So? A person adopting the titles ...of “Christian and catholic”, doesn’t mean they have overcome sin!

now go read the first commandment ex 20:2-6 and tell me you have a choice! A free will!

Read EX 19: 8
Discover WHAT THE PEOPLE FREELY CHOSE and AGREED TO...
EZ 19:
[8] And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

You ERROR purporting people DO NOT HAVE FREEWILL.
Yes every individual has FREEWILL.

Paul gives an anathema in this verse???

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema!

Irrelevant. “IF” expressly indicates a CHOICE between this and that.

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Not a MYSTERY, Christ’s Church IS a Spiritual Church “WITHIN” “CONVERTED” men, NOT a “brick and mortar building” you preach.

Every Converted Church Member of Christ’s Internal Spiritual Church have powers and authorities to Act on behalf of Christ the Lord Jesus, ACCORDING TO HIS Word.

When a man-made church, with its appointed, Clerics, ACT BEYOND the power and authority ACCORDING TO the Word of God...
A prudent person RECOGNIZES the overstepping and rejects such notions.

* You repeatedly Preach ONLY “clerics” have power and authority, themselves not being subject to scrutiny or challenge.
* That is the Same BOGUS Trickery Teaching the Pharisees USED, and was SUCCESSFUL in DUPING the Jews for centuries...
* UNTIL Jesus arrived and REVEALED THEIR HYPOCRISY.

* You either missed the lesson, and or didn’t comprehend how to recognize a hypocrite.
* But then, conveniently your very same appointed “clerics” have dubiously convinced its “subjects”, Bible Alone Verification is NOT reliable.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The “Holy apostolic council of Trent” anathematizes me @theefaith. Please spell out what that means for me in practical terms.

I count you as a friend. Give it to me straight.

repent and believe the Gospel revealed by Jesus Christ and taught by his holy church!

scripture and the apostle Christ condemn the Jews

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the catechism of saint Pius 10

The Second Article of the Creed
1 Q. What are we taught in the Second Article: And in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord?
A. The Second Article of the Creed teaches us that the Son of God is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity; that, like the Father, He is God eternal, omnipotent, Creator and Lord; that He became man to save us; and that the Son of God, made man, is called Jesus Christ.
2 Q. Why is the Second Person called the Son?
A. The Second Person is called the Son, because He is begotten by the Father from all eternity by way of intelligence; and for this reason He is also called the Eternal Word of the Father.
3 Q. Since we also are sons of God, why is Jesus Christ called the only Son of God the Father?
A. Jesus Christ is called the only Son of God the Father, because He alone is His Son by nature, whereas we are His sons by creation and adoption.
4 Q. Why is Jesus Christ called our Lord?
A. Jesus Christ is called our Lord, because, not only did He as God, together with the Father and the Holy Ghost, create us; but He has also as God and Man redeemed us.
5 Q. Why is the Son of God, made man, called Jesus?
A. The Son of God, made man, is called Jesus, that is to say, Savior, because He has saved us from the eternal death merited by our sins.

6 Q. Who gave the name of Jesus to the Son of God, made man?
A. The Eternal Father Himself, through the Archangel Gabriel, gave the name of Jesus to the Son of God made man, at the moment when the Archangel announced to the Blessed Virgin the mystery of the Incarnation.
7 Q. Why is the Son of God made man also called Christ?
A. The Son of God made man is also called Christ , that is to say, anointed or consecrated, because kings, priests and prophets were anointed of old; and Jesus is the King of kings, High Priest, and supreme Prophet.
8 Q. Was Jesus Christ really anointed and consecrated with a material anointing? A. The anointing of Jesus Christ was not material, like that of the kings, priests and prophets of old, but wholly spiritual and divine, because the fullness of the Divinity dwells in Him substantially.
9 Q. Had men any idea of Jesus Christ previous to His coming?
A. Yes, previous to His coming men had some idea of Jesus Christ in the promise of the Messiah, which God made to our first parents, Adam and Eve, and which He renewed to the holy Patriarchs; and also in the prophecies and the many figures which foreshadowed Him.
10 Q. How do we know that Jesus Christ is truly the Messiah and Promised Redeemer?
A. We know that Jesus Christ is truly the Messiah and Promised Redeemer from the fact that in Him are verified: (1) All that the prophecies foretold, (2) And all that the figures of the Old Testament foreshadowed.
11 Q. What did the prophecies foretell of the Redeemer?
A. Regarding the Redeemer, the prophecies foretold the tribe and the family from which He was to come; the place and time of His birth; His miracles and the most minute circumstances of His Passion and Death; His Resurrection and Ascension into heaven; and His spiritual, perpetual and universal Kingdom, that is, the Holy Catholic Church.
12 Q. Which are the principal figures of the Redeemer in the Old Testament?
A. The principal figures of the Redeemer in the Old Testament are: the innocent Abel; the High Priest Melchisedech; the sacrifice of Isaac; Joseph sold by his brethren; the prophet Jonas; the Paschal Lamb; and the Brazen Serpent set up by Moses in the desert.
13 Q. How do you know that Jesus Christ is true God?
A. We know that Jesus Christ is true God: (1) From the testimony of the Father saying: This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, hear ye Him; (2) From the attestation of Jesus Christ Himself, confirmed by the most stupendous miracles; (3) From the teaching of the Apostles; (4) From the unvarying tradition (teaching) of the Catholic Church.

Reactions: Matthias

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. But you’ve identified the Church as the Catholic Church, which you’ve said has been in apostasy since 1958.

Let’s say a person is interested in Catholicism. The person has become aware - through listening to you or other sources - of the current situation.

Who wants to become a member of the apostate Church?

You must surely have an alternative to offer such a person. What is the alternative you have to offer?

No they are in apostasy against the true church, they are not the church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there an underground Catholic Church?

I believe everyone is free to choose religion or worship whatsoever they like. Most of the world has chosen to turn away from my God. There are consequences for making that choice.

The commandment was given to the Jews at Mount Sinai.

What keeps the apostate Catholic Church from crushing you?

the Ten Commandments are part of the eternal moral law that all men must obey

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You say the Catholic church is in apostacy since 1958, What is/ are the main issues that show this to you? Is it a certain doctrine, or set of doctrines that show this apostacy? I am just curious to see what you are thinking.

Also if the RCC is in apostacy, why do you proselytize for them still? I Personally consider myself non-denominational, in that denominations are built on the teachings of men or certain doctrines they over emphasize. I Believe the church of the saints is what we are all growing into when we reach the fullness of Christ, part of that is laying aside the teachings of men and being taught by the Holy Ghost as individuals in relation to Christ. So For me personally I point to Jesus and the cross and not to a denomination.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
repent and believe the Gospel revealed by Jesus Christ and taught by his holy church!

Jesus and all the apostles were Jews. If you condemn the Jews you are condemning Jesus Christ, all the apostles, and all the authors of the Bible (except Luke).

If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ (a Jew!), let him be Anathema. That means you!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is that what your Catholic priests tell you? Here is what Paul wrote: "So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you could be joined to another, to the one who was raised from the dead, to bear fruit to God." Romans 7:4

Why not pray to Mary and ask her to forgive you for you blasphemy>

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the catechism of saint Pius 10

The Second Article of the Creed
1 Q. What are we taught in the Second Article: And in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord?
A. The Second Article of the Creed teaches us that the Son of God is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity; that, like the Father, He is God eternal, omnipotent, Creator and Lord; that He became man to save us; and that the Son of God, made man, is called Jesus Christ.
2 Q. Why is the Second Person called the Son?
A. The Second Person is called the Son, because He is begotten by the Father from all eternity by way of intelligence; and for this reason He is also called the Eternal Word of the Father.
3 Q. Since we also are sons of God, why is Jesus Christ called the only Son of God the Father?
A. Jesus Christ is called the only Son of God the Father, because He alone is His Son by nature, whereas we are His sons by creation and adoption.
4 Q. Why is Jesus Christ called our Lord?
A. Jesus Christ is called our Lord, because, not only did He as God, together with the Father and the Holy Ghost, create us; but He has also as God and Man redeemed us.
5 Q. Why is the Son of God, made man, called Jesus?
A. The Son of God, made man, is called Jesus, that is to say, Savior, because He has saved us from the eternal death merited by our sins.

6 Q. Who gave the name of Jesus to the Son of God, made man?
A. The Eternal Father Himself, through the Archangel Gabriel, gave the name of Jesus to the Son of God made man, at the moment when the Archangel announced to the Blessed Virgin the mystery of the Incarnation.
7 Q. Why is the Son of God made man also called Christ?
A. The Son of God made man is also called Christ , that is to say, anointed or consecrated, because kings, priests and prophets were anointed of old; and Jesus is the King of kings, High Priest, and supreme Prophet.
8 Q. Was Jesus Christ really anointed and consecrated with a material anointing? A. The anointing of Jesus Christ was not material, like that of the kings, priests and prophets of old, but wholly spiritual and divine, because the fullness of the Divinity dwells in Him substantially.
9 Q. Had men any idea of Jesus Christ previous to His coming?
A. Yes, previous to His coming men had some idea of Jesus Christ in the promise of the Messiah, which God made to our first parents, Adam and Eve, and which He renewed to the holy Patriarchs; and also in the prophecies and the many figures which foreshadowed Him.
10 Q. How do we know that Jesus Christ is truly the Messiah and Promised Redeemer?
A. We know that Jesus Christ is truly the Messiah and Promised Redeemer from the fact that in Him are verified: (1) All that the prophecies foretold, (2) And all that the figures of the Old Testament foreshadowed.
11 Q. What did the prophecies foretell of the Redeemer?
A. Regarding the Redeemer, the prophecies foretold the tribe and the family from which He was to come; the place and time of His birth; His miracles and the most minute circumstances of His Passion and Death; His Resurrection and Ascension into heaven; and His spiritual, perpetual and universal Kingdom, that is, the Holy Catholic Church.
12 Q. Which are the principal figures of the Redeemer in the Old Testament?
A. The principal figures of the Redeemer in the Old Testament are: the innocent Abel; the High Priest Melchisedech; the sacrifice of Isaac; Joseph sold by his brethren; the prophet Jonas; the Paschal Lamb; and the Brazen Serpent set up by Moses in the desert.
13 Q. How do you know that Jesus Christ is true God?
A. We know that Jesus Christ is true God: (1) From the testimony of the Father saying: This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, hear ye Him; (2) From the attestation of Jesus Christ Himself, confirmed by the most stupendous miracles; (3) From the teaching of the Apostles; (4) From the unvarying tradition (teaching) of the Catholic Church.

Who cares what "saint" Pius 10 wrote?

Sola scriptura!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok you had you’re little fun, tell me how the SDA (satans denomination advances) is the one true church founded by Jesus Christ?

Does it fulfill requirements of the true church?

One:
Holy:
Catholic universal:
Apostolic:

I’ll wait!

Where does it say "one holy catholic universal apostolic" church in the Bible? Answer: nowhere! It's fictional!

Sola scriptura!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The gospel preached by Jesus and the twelve apostles has nothing to do with the Council of Trent.

Paul is speaking about a much wider audience. You made specific what he made general - “any man” encompasses all persons (Jew and Gentile alike).

Reactions: Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? A person adopting the titles ...of “Christian and catholic”, doesn’t mean they have overcome sin!

Read EX 19: 8
Discover WHAT THE PEOPLE FREELY CHOSE and AGREED TO...
EZ 19:
[8] And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

You ERROR purporting people DO NOT HAVE FREEWILL.
Yes every individual has FREEWILL.

Irrelevant. “IF” expressly indicates a CHOICE between this and that.

Not a MYSTERY, Christ’s Church IS a Spiritual Church “WITHIN” “CONVERTED” men, NOT a “brick and mortar building” you preach.

Every Converted Church Member of Christ’s Internal Spiritual Church have powers and authorities to Act on behalf of Christ the Lord Jesus, ACCORDING TO HIS Word.

When a man-made church, with its appointed, Clerics, ACT BEYOND the power and authority ACCORDING TO the Word of God...
A prudent person RECOGNIZES the overstepping and rejects such notions.

* You repeatedly Preach ONLY “clerics” have power and authority, themselves not being subject to scrutiny or challenge.
* That is the Same BOGUS Trickery Teaching the Pharisees USED, and was SUCCESSFUL in DUPING the Jews for centuries...
* UNTIL Jesus arrived and REVEALED THEIR HYPOCRISY.

* You either missed the lesson, and or didn’t comprehend how to recognize a hypocrite.
* But then, conveniently your very same appointed “clerics” have dubiously convinced its “subjects”, Bible Alone Verification is NOT reliable.

it is a mystery eph 5:32

Have the ability to choose evil but not permission
God forbids false gods false doctrine false churches and false religions