Religious Liberty!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus himself is recognized and acknowledged by Catholic and non-Catholic scholars as a Jewish monotheist.

What you’ve quoted here is directed against Jewish monotheists (and others). I see and regard it as teaching against Jesus and all who hold to the Jewish monotheism he does.

I particularly liked question number 13. As you know, I want to know not only what people believe but why they believe it. The catechism states explicitly how you “know that Jesus Christ is true God”. It offers me reassurance that I haven’t overlooked something.

you think somehow those four things lack divine authority?

monotheism is not Jewish: it’s simply the definition of one God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. But there are serious consequences to false worship and also false Christianity. You should come out of the Catholic Church right now.

then they are not free, not permitted by the 1st commandment ex 20:2-6

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
you think somehow those four things lack divine authority?

It’s the interpretation of the first three things and the fourth thing itself which I believe lacks divine authority.

monotheism is not Jewish: it’s simply the definition of one God!

The Messiah’s doctrine of the one God is the hound of Jewish monotheism.

Jewish monotheism isn’t trinitarian; it’s unitarian.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
only God may judge a pope so I can’t say but based on his teaching I have my doubt’s

So then you don’t know if you’re without an apostle or not but you have your doubts about it.

Is he going along with Vatican II or is he opposing it?

If the former, then it seems logical to me that you would discern that he’s apostate.

If the latter, then it seems logical to me that you would discern that he’s not apostate.

there still are good faithful valid bishops, throughout the world

Are those “good faithful valid bishops” opposing the apostasy? Are they opposing the pope?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, and the body of Christ has many members.... What bothers me is your defending an apostate institution of man as the one church, when it is not, by your own assessment of the state of the RCC. You see, the saints are distinct from any manmade institution, and the church of the saints will never have apostacy (1 Corinthians 14:33) Because the Holy Ghost is the teacher and not man. (Matthew 23:7-8)

Christ is the founder of the Christian church for the salvation of all men!

if the Holy Spirit is the teacher then they would all have the same faith?

apostasy is the rejection of the Christian faith, first you must have the faith to reject it!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, and the body of Christ has many members.... What bothers me is your defending an apostate institution of man as the one church, when it is not, by your own assessment of the state of the RCC. You see, the saints are distinct from any manmade institution, and the church of the saints will never have apostacy (1 Corinthians 14:33) Because the Holy Ghost is the teacher and not man. (Matthew 23:7-8)

apostasy is the rejection of the Christian faith, first you must have the faith to reject it!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My Point is the RCC is not the true church of the saints if it has fallen into apostacy. This is by no means exclusive to the RCC as many protestant sects are in the same apostacy as well, "denying the LORD who saved them" 2 Peter 2:1.... These are all churches of men, yes there are faithful among them all, but the Holy Spirit will lead them out of those apostate churches eventually, and that is my hope for all the faithful in the Catholic church as well. Most times the problem is not in the people but in the leadership of the churches, Nicolaitanism has crept in, and soon they are following men and not the God man and being taught by men instead of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost is our teacher, the Spirit of Truth, and until you see and understand the unction/anointing, he gives the faithful You will never fully understand this. See the following scriptures to understand this.
1 Corinthians 2:10, John 14:17, John 15:26, John 16:13, 1 John 2:20-21, 1 John 2:27

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul said we all know in part (1 Corinthians 13:9-12).... division is caused by the pride of man, the original sin that says they can be like God and know the full council of God by human intellect alone. Until God's love is perfected in us, and we join in the unity of the Spirit, and have fellowship with our brethren in brotherly love, we will never come close to the fulness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-16) This is the way God designed the church, not to be ruled over by a priestly class of dictators, But elders leading children of the faith to be elders themselves.... You don't teach a child to remain suckling on a baby bottle, instead you teach them to digest meat and eventually how to hunt for themselves and feed themselves and others. Nicolaitanism in the church keeps the children suckling and immature and dependent on their providers.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

They were Waldensians, but happened to live in and around the city of Albi. The Waldensians were Christians yes, notwithstanding the lies and slanders heaped upon them by their enemies. They were the true apostolic church, they had the scriptures, and despite crusades and inquisitions held to destroy them by a succussion of papal slaves in the guise of kings, managed to survive the onslaught... The KJV of the bible was based on manuscripts of the danger line as the Waldensians Bible and those of the eastern churches.

The Roman bishops departed the true faith in the 6th century by marrying the world and accepting the world's baubles of civil office.

Indeed they are. So please explain why the Catholic catechism has abandoned, even ripped out the second Commandment, and in early centuries changed the 4th?

what is the 2nd commandments
And how do you know?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all sent by God and a royal priesthood 1 Peter 2:9, We are all brothers in Christ, not rabbis and catechumens or priests and laity. (Matthew 23:8) That is the problem with the RCC, it is run by Nicolaitans who place themselves on a podium above the people.

the priesthood is above the people

Christ is high priest!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the interpretation of the first three things and the fourth thing itself which I believe lacks divine authority.

The Messiah’s doctrine of the one God is the hound of Jewish monotheism.

Jewish monotheism isn’t trinitarian; it’s unitarian.

and that has nothing to do with how many God’s there are! But how many persons!

Christ founded the church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Baptism: (initiation into the covenant)
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

All only in the The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He
So then you don’t know if you’re without an apostle or not but you have your doubts about it.

Is he going along with Vatican II or is he opposing it?

If the former, then it seems logical to me that you would discern that he’s apostate.

If the latter, then it seems logical to me that you would discern that he’s not apostate.

Are those “good faithful valid bishops” opposing the apostasy? Are they opposing the pope?

Yes
That’s how we discern are they teaching the ancient faith of the apostles acts 2:42

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
and that has nothing to do with how many God’s there are! But how many persons!

Christ founded the church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Baptism: (initiation into the covenant)
Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5
1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The Eucharist: (holy communion)
Mt 26:26-39 Jn 6:51-58 1 Cor 11:23-25

Confession of sins:
Jn 20:23 / 1 Jn 1:9 / 2 cor 5:18

Confirmation
Lk 22:32 acts 8:14-17
acts 14:22

Marriage:
Matt 19:4-6

Holy orders: (priesthood)
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru His priesthood in Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 10:1-8 Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 acts 1:17 acts 6:4 acts 8:26
2 Cor 5:18 1 Tim 4:14 Eph 2:20

Extreme unction: (anointing with oil)
1 Tim 4:14 James 5:14

All only in the The ark of salvation: one, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles!

There is only one God and he is only one person, the Father. - Jewish monotheism

Your monotheism can and does compete with it but, in the end, it won’t triumph over it.

It won’t triumph over it because I’m a Jewish monotheist? No.

It won’t triumph over it because Jesus Christ is a Jewish monotheist.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the priesthood is above the people

False, this is the Nicolaitan lie of the RCC.... Read 1 Peter 2:4-10.... The Catholic priesthood are usurpers of the Authority Christ Jesus Gives to all the faithful.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Point is the RCC is not the true church of the saints if it has fallen into apostacy. This is by no means exclusive to the RCC as many protestant sects are in the same apostacy as well, "denying the LORD who saved them" 2 Peter 2:1.... These are all churches of men, yes there are faithful among them all, but the Holy Spirit will lead them out of those apostate churches eventually, and that is my hope for all the faithful in the Catholic church as well. Most times the problem is not in the people but in the leadership of the churches, Nicolaitanism has crept in, and soon they are following men and not the God man and being taught by men instead of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost is our teacher, the Spirit of Truth, and until you see and understand the unction/anointing, he gives the faithful You will never fully understand this. See the following scriptures to understand this.
1 Corinthians 2:10, John 14:17, John 15:26, John 16:13, 1 John 2:20-21, 1 John 2:27

to whom shall we go? There is only one church! Jn 10:16